PDA

View Full Version : Boise State seems to have fallen from grace

RocketDawg
09-14-2017, 07:10 PM
Since Chris Petersen left, they have really fallen nationally and now seem to be pretty much a typical Mountain West team. Looks like their stadium is only about half full tonight as they play New Mexico. Under Petersen, the place would have been full and then some. Not sure I could stand to look at that blue field for 3 hours though. :o

Todd4State
09-14-2017, 07:16 PM
It's hard for a mid major to sustain success. I remember when Marshall, Fresno State, and heck even USM were teams that were really good that have had up and down success.

Commercecomet24
09-14-2017, 07:18 PM
Houston Dale Nutts ol stomping grounds

Quaoarsking
09-14-2017, 07:19 PM
That's too bad. If they hadn't somehow blown the 2011 game against TCU, they probably would have played LSU for the national championship and maybe won. ESPN and the other powers that be would've loved to put them in instead of Alabama. That was their chance at glory and it slipped away from them.

Petersen stuck around for a couple more years after that, but they were never the same after that game. TCU went for 2 at the end to win 36-35.

RocketDawg
09-14-2017, 07:24 PM
That's too bad. If they hadn't somehow blown the 2011 game against TCU, they probably would have played LSU for the national championship and maybe won. ESPN and the other powers that be would've loved to put them in instead of Alabama. That was their chance at glory and it slipped away from them.

Petersen stuck around for a couple more years after that, but they were never the same after that game. TCU went for 2 at the end to win 36-35.

Their best game that I remember was when they beat USC. That was quite an upset, and I think they had the vast majority of the nation's sports fans pulling for them.

RocketDawg
09-14-2017, 07:25 PM
Houston Dale Nutts ol stomping grounds

Houston Dale is from Idaho? Never would have guessed.

Commercecomet24
09-14-2017, 07:32 PM
Houston Dale is from Idaho? Never would have guessed.

Naw he's not from Idaho he was there for one year and then went to the pigs.

Liverpooldawg
09-14-2017, 07:37 PM
They had a 21 point lead with 10 minutes left at Washington State and blew it in triple overtime. That's a morale crusher.

Commercecomet24
09-14-2017, 07:39 PM
They had a 21 point lead with 10 minutes left at Washington State and blew it in triple overtime. That's a morale crusher.

I watched that game. They went full retard in the last 10 minutes especially they're play calling and qb.

Quaoarsking
09-14-2017, 07:43 PM
Their best game that I remember was when they beat USC. That was quite an upset, and I think they had the vast majority of the nation's sports fans pulling for them.

I assume you meant Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl, or else maybe Oregon, Georgia, or Virginia Tech in opening week games. But yeah, that game against Oklahoma was probably the most exciting game of the 00s.

msstate7
09-14-2017, 07:45 PM
I assume you meant Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl, or else maybe Oregon, Georgia, or Virginia Tech in opening week games. But yeah, that game against Oklahoma was probably the most exciting game of the 00s.

USC vs Texas would get my vote. Vince was so awesome

Liverpooldawg
09-14-2017, 07:50 PM
USC vs Texas would get my vote. Vince was so awesome

Screw Texas. They are what Ole Miss thinks they are.

RocketDawg
09-14-2017, 08:11 PM

Unless I'm grossly misremembering, it was USC. It's the one where the QB proposed to his cheerleader girlfriend after the game was over. I think it was near the end of the season. Of course, I am getting a little old ....

RocketDawg
09-14-2017, 08:13 PM
That New Mexico QB is really injured. Could very well be a concussion.

That's a lot more egregious than the targeting by our guy last weekend.

preachermatt83
09-14-2017, 08:17 PM
Unless I'm grossly misremembering, it was USC. It's the one where the QB proposed to his cheerleader girlfriend after the game was over. I think it was near the end of the season. Of course, I am getting a little old ....

That was against Oklahoma

Liverpooldawg
09-14-2017, 08:18 PM

It was Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. You are grossly misremembering.

Liverpooldawg
09-14-2017, 08:18 PM
That New Mexico QB is really injured. Could very well be a concussion.

That's a lot more egregious than the targeting by our guy last weekend.

And he hit him in the chest. The head hit the turf.

RocketDawg
09-14-2017, 08:21 PM
It was Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. You are grossly misremembering.

Ha. I'm not surprised, and will take your word for it.

Liverpooldawg
09-14-2017, 08:29 PM
Ha. I'm not surprised, and will take your word for it.

I watched that game plus I'm a HUGE USC fan, if it had been USC I would have that one seared in my memory. It was Oklahoma in the Fiesta Bowl. I have hated Oklahoma since Switzer, I loved it.

Commercecomet24
09-14-2017, 09:11 PM
The rb mcquarley for New Mexico is from Meridian.

Quaoarsking
09-14-2017, 09:13 PM
In case you want to jog your memory:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Fiesta_Bowl

Dawg61
09-14-2017, 10:41 PM
Boise St. was very good before Peterson. Dirk Koetter started the ball and then Dan Hawkins really got them rolling going 53-11 before he left for Colorado and then had the famous quote "go play intramurals brother". Peterson was on his staff at Boise and took over when he left and absolutely dominated going 92-12. That win vs Oklahoma had one of the greatest endings to any game any sport ever. The 4th quarter and overtime were sports gold. Peterson pulled the hook and ladder and statue of liberty. That game was better than Hoosiers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhuHuFbIFy4

Bothrops
09-14-2017, 10:47 PM
They better get it turned around fast, or they will surely disappear.