PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt Film Breakdown

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2017, 11:39 AM
Another good breakdown by Matt Wyatt.

https://www.facebook.com/RadioWyatt/videos/1967206203494543/

A couple thoughts:

- The cat & mouse game between Grantham & Canada in this game will be fascinating. Canada's calling card as an OC is his ability to use numerous motions on the same play to force the defense to show it's alignments & how they will play against certain formations. He then uses this information to set-up future plays. I am so glad that Todd Grantham has coached against Canada in the past & coached against LSU last season. Hopefully, this will give Grantham comfort with what Canada does & allow him to give dummy looks in response to Canada's motions.

- People keep knocking Danny Etling, but he scares me. I realize he isn't the most talented, but he's accurate & does not make mistakes. It is absolutely critical to our success Saturday night that Simmons, Sweat, Green, etc disrupt LSU's passing game with pressure. We've got to stop Guice in the early downs & create predictable passing situations where our rushers can pin their ears back. If Guice is getting 4 yards on 1st down & LSU is thus able to keep play action in their back pocket, it's going to be tough on our defense.

- As for Mullen vs Aranda, I have no clue how that will go. Dan has to bring his A game Saturday night

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2017, 11:47 AM
Grantham faced Canada in 2015 when Louisville played NC State

Louisville won the game 20-13

Here are NC State's offensive stats in the game:

45 yards rushing
183 yards passing
228 total yards
5-15 on 3rd downs.

I have no clue how Canada has adjusted his scheme since 2015

TrapGame
09-14-2017, 11:55 AM
The way Grantham spoke Tuesday he is very familiar with how Canada likes to present his eye candy.

Heck, Manny shut down Canada in our 2015 bowl game. It's playing disciplined and using our talent the most effectively.

MarketingBully
09-14-2017, 12:20 PM
I am not worried about Etling. You do realize LSU starts three freshmen on the OL so odds are good Simmons will be going against freshmen. I think Adams, Sweat, and Green will get plenty of pressure on Etling. He is a statue back there.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2017, 12:25 PM
I am not worried about Etling. You do realize LSU starts three freshmen on the OL so odds are good Simmons will be going against freshmen. I think Adams, Sweat, and Green will get plenty of pressure on Etling. He is a statue back there.

Gotta stop Guice on early downs to prevent play action.

Rushing the passer will be difficult if Guice is getting 4 yards on 1st & 10.

I wouldn't be at all shocked to see Canada throw a couple screen passes early in the game to slow the rush

MarketingBully
09-14-2017, 12:50 PM
Glad the LSU fans from TigerShits read this board. Will be more fun to check out that board once we win Saturday. Hey dickheads, you downgraded at head coach and will never win an SEC title or national title with Coach O. Fact.

Commercecomet24
09-14-2017, 12:54 PM
Stopping Guice is key. Trap is right about on D, Play disciplined and play fast. If we play disciplined we take away canadas smoke and mirrors!

MarketingBully
09-14-2017, 12:55 PM
Here's a question. Will Coach O be fired after one or two seasons if we beat LSU on Saturday? Will a loss to MSU be so devastating for their fanbase that they will start calling for his head if he loses?

Dallas_Dawg
09-14-2017, 12:57 PM
LSU really starts three Freshmen OL? Which ones besides S Charles?

MarketingBully
09-14-2017, 12:57 PM
Stopping Guice is key. Trap is right about on D, Play disciplined and play fast. If we play disciplined we take away canadas smoke and mirrors!

I think we will. As I stated before, I see it as more of a low scoring defensive game for the most part with us winning 21-17.

Commercecomet24
09-14-2017, 12:59 PM
I think we will. As I stated before, I see it as more of a low scoring defensive game for the most part with us winning 21-17.

I agree. Low scoring hard hitting game.

MarketingBully
09-14-2017, 01:00 PM
LSU really starts three Freshmen OL? Which ones besides S Charles?

It's just one. I misheard it on the radio show I was listening to but I do believe three freshmen are on their OL rotation. I don't think they will be able to contain Simmons and it will open things up for Sweat, Green, Cox, and others to disrupt their running game and pressure Etling.

Doggie_Style
09-14-2017, 01:10 PM
Here's a question. Will Coach O be fired after one or two seasons if we beat LSU on Saturday? Will a loss to MSU be so devastating for their fanbase that they will start calling for his head if he loses?

If we can manage a win Saturday, LSU will have put O on notice by Sunday. My office is full of LSU alums, with a couple who have their names on buildings there. They have O on a short leash and losing to State would be sacrilege to them. We NEED this win!

TrapGame
09-14-2017, 01:16 PM
We can beat O Saturday and next season in BR with the red shirt guys we'll get on defense and Guidry as WR. Two in a row losses to MSU and he's gone after next season.

MarketingBully
09-14-2017, 01:17 PM
If we can manage a win Saturday, LSU will have put O on notice by Sunday. My office is full of LSU alums, with a couple who have their names on buildings there. They have O on a short leash and losing to State would be sacrilege to them. We NEED this win!

Why did they hire him in the first place? I never understood this. Curley Hallman and Gerry DiNardo are better head coaches then Coach O. They won the first two games by sheer fact of way out talenting the other two teams. They won't be able to do that in the SEC. Hey Corndogs, ask Nick Saban if elite coordinators or elite head coaches win SEC and national championships. You guys should have ponied up for Fisher. If you guys had Fisher as your coach, I wouldn't predict MSU to win. I would have gone with LSU.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2017, 04:10 PM
delete

Reason2succeed
09-14-2017, 04:36 PM
Matt shouldn't record and drive. Safety 3rd.

Our defense plays disciplined and aggressive, staying in their lanes which contains Guice.

On offense we dink and dunk down the field with running and short passes to neutralize their pass rush.

The good guys shock the world again winning 42-21.

Perpetual Underachiever
09-14-2017, 05:05 PM
Matt shouldn't record and drive. Safety 3rd.

Our defense plays disciplined and aggressive, staying in their lanes which contains Guice.

On offense we dink and dunk down the field with running and short passes to neutralize their pass rush.

The good guys shock the world again winning 42-21.

I like your optimism, if we hang 42 on Dem Tigahs then we're going to Atlanta. I'll be happy with 24 in this smash-mouth, defensive grind of a game.