PDA

View Full Version : You want to know how to combat Spirit boycotts?

BeastMan
09-14-2017, 11:19 AM
I like the feeling today of people sick of how they boycott MS businesses over and over through the years. You have to think about strategy though. A counter boycott holds a business hostage meanwhile the spirit doesn't care what's happening to them. Your aim isn't hitting its target. The person you must ultimately hold responsible for the years of boycotts & strong-arm tactics are the brass at the spirit. Even if they weren't responsible for the posts, they chose not to moderate them and keep that behavior in check. I've never seen that on Paul's board, Steve's board, or here where I'll end it if I see it. Per C34, he doesn't want boycotts on this board. The question is what can you do? For years, the spirit has had no oversight from Scout. Now at 247 there is professionalism clauses in their contracts and they have oversight via Shannon Terry. We've already seen Shannon call Yancy to the carpet publicly for ridiculous behavior. All these screen shots of the spirit are all over Twitter these days. If you see one that doesn't look professional, email it to 247. Anything you see from the spirit organizing attacks on MS citizens needs to be immediately emailed to 247 and Shannon Terry. This aim is more likeky to hit the target and have an impact instead of holding businesses hostage.

Bass Chaser
09-14-2017, 11:44 AM
Good post.

Hot Rock
09-14-2017, 11:47 AM
Bump! Great Post!

MadDawg
09-14-2017, 12:25 PM
They attempted to get Steve's book banned at Lemuria in Jackson. Just also happened to be "banned books" week at Lemuria. Needless to say, they didn't comply.

msbulldog
09-14-2017, 12:31 PM
Thanks for the tip Beast, will do. I haven't tried but I wonder if I can get to Spirit since Scout merged with 247, I have a 247 subscription and can look at the UM site and board, I'll try.

BeastMan
09-14-2017, 12:32 PM
They attempted to get Steve's book banned at Lemuria in Jackson. Just also happened to be "banned books" week at Lemuria. Needless to say, they didn't comply.

Reeds is still selling the book. Ultimately, Steve gets his money and another boycott failed.

HSVDawg
09-14-2017, 12:37 PM
No boycotts on Steve's board????

#Outback2000
#NeverForget

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-14-2017, 12:48 PM
Good post...

Beast, do you not find it ironic that Ben Garrett calls people on twitter creepy because they did a little digging and found out his Dad owns some Newks, but yet he's investigating and reporting on a 20 year old college kid?

Mimi's Babies
09-14-2017, 02:20 PM
Good post...

Beast, do you not find it ironic that Ben Garrett calls people on twitter creepy because they did a little digging and found out his Dad owns some Newks, but yet he's investigating and reporting on a 20 year old college kid?

IF Ben would do a little investigation he would find out even more on OM..... Pay day some day.....

BeastMan
09-14-2017, 02:26 PM
Good post...

Yes i do but he works for the spirit.

Mimi's Babies
09-14-2017, 02:28 PM
Yes i do but he works for the spirit.

Ben Garrett
@SpiritBen
Editor of the Ole Miss Spirit | Check out my podcast, Talk of Champions:

I scrolled through his twitter page... Hum????

RocketDawg
09-14-2017, 03:14 PM
Doesn't Elitedawgs actively boycott the Clarion Ledger? Links are deleted if posted.

MedDawg
09-14-2017, 08:50 PM
I like the feeling today of people sick of how they boycott MS businesses over and over through the years. You have to think about strategy though. A counter boycott holds a business hostage meanwhile the spirit doesn't care what's happening to them. Your aim isn't hitting its target. The person you must ultimately hold responsible for the years of boycotts & strong-arm tactics are the brass at the spirit. Even if they weren't responsible for the posts, they chose not to moderate them and keep that behavior in check. I've never seen that on Paul's board, Steve's board, or here where I'll end it if I see it. Per C34, he doesn't want boycotts on this board. The question is what can you do? For years, the spirit has had no oversight from Scout. Now at 247 there is professionalism clauses in their contracts and they have oversight via Shannon Terry. We've already seen Shannon call Yancy to the carpet publicly for ridiculous behavior. All these screen shots of the spirit are all over Twitter these days. If you see one that doesn't look professional, email it to 247. Anything you see from the spirit organizing attacks on MS citizens needs to be immediately emailed to 247 and Shannon Terry. This aim is more likeky to hit the target and have an impact instead of holding businesses hostage.
Nm

Mutt the Hoople
09-14-2017, 09:06 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-ruyHXj0MNZs/UT9U0WJ6PXI/AAAAAAAAdM0/pkSxeyTR-5Y/s1600/A+Marine+of+the+1st+Marine+Division+draws+a+bead+o n+a+Japanese+sniper,+Okinawa,+1945.jpg
http://www.museumsyndicate.com/images/4/35244.jpg
https://www.google.com/search?q=goering+suicide&espv=2&biw=960&bih=489&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAWoVChMI9uvExJD0xgIVQZ6ACh0aSgGx&dpr=2#imgrc=RoAGMCbOZXoCBM: