PDA

View Full Version : Simmons on O

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-14-2017, 10:56 AM
I was pretty impressed with Simmons speed after he picked up that fumble vs. La Tech.

What would you think about handing him the ball on a goal line situation via the Fridge? I know we wont actually dot it, and I wouldn't ever want to see him with the ball in his hands like Ole Miss did with RK, but if we absolutely needed one yard on the goal line I think Simmons could get it.

Just a boring Thursday morning thought.

dawggoneit
09-14-2017, 11:15 AM
While we're at it let's stick Gay at QB. That would be a combo!

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2017, 11:20 AM
I was pretty impressed with Simmons speed after he picked up that fumble vs. La Tech.

What would you think about handing him the ball on a goal line situation via the Fridge? I know we wont actually dot it, and I wouldn't ever want to see him with the ball in his hands like Ole Miss did with RK, but if we absolutely needed one yard on the goal line I think Simmons could get it.

Just a boring Thursday morning thought.

I think Simmons would be very good at this, but I don't think it's needed with the type of players we currently have running the ball.

If Simmons played for Ole Miss, who can't gain an inch between the tackles, then using him in this manner would be a very plausible option.

However, with Fitz, Aeris, Gibson, & Hill, if there is one thing MSU's 2017 football team should be good at, it's gaining 1 yard when needed.

Using Simmons in this manner just doesn't fit what we need.

missouridawg
09-14-2017, 11:30 AM
Y'all remember when we made fun of Freeze for doing this?

Perpetual Underachiever
09-14-2017, 11:43 AM

https://i.imgflip.com/1bu888.jpg

http://cdn2.sbnation.com/assets/3652097/JonesNkemdiche.gif

RiverCityDawg
09-14-2017, 12:11 PM
No to letting him carry the ball, yes to lining him up at fullback on goal line situations. Dan has actually done this before with Fletcher Cox, so it wouldn't be completely out of character.

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-14-2017, 12:14 PM

I specifically said I wouldn't want to see it like Ole Miss did with RK

THE Bruce Dickinson
09-14-2017, 12:16 PM
I think Simmons would be very good at this, but I don't think it's needed with the type of players we currently have running the ball.

If Simmons played for Ole Miss, who can't gain an inch between the tackles, then using him in this manner would be a very plausible option.

However, with Fitz, Aeris, Gibson, & Hill, if there is one thing MSU's 2017 football team should be good at, it's gaining 1 yard when needed.

Using Simmons in this manner just doesn't fit what we need.

The situation that really came to mind was when we had a 4th and goal on the 1 yard line in our opening drive against Alabama in 2015. We ran Dak up the middle and got stuffed. Simmons maybe gets that yard

Drugdog
09-14-2017, 12:19 PM
No. We don't need gimmicks. First, he is not used to handling the ball with contact. Also, not used to seeing a play developed from a running persepective.
Let's let the running backs run and the tackles, tackle. But i like the conversation!!

msbulldog
09-14-2017, 12:25 PM
Hell, I wouldn't get in his way after he got a head of steam built up.

RAYn_Man
09-14-2017, 01:22 PM
I wouldn't want him carrying the ball (maybe once for fun and to get him a TD against a weaker opponent) but he would make a hell of a fullback

TrapGame
09-14-2017, 01:32 PM
I wouldn't want him carrying the ball (maybe once for fun and to get him a TD against a weaker opponent) but he would make a hell of a fullback

Like a bulldozer.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-14-2017, 02:00 PM
Were not OM were not going to risk our prized DL getting injured by putting him at RB

Leroy Jenkins
09-14-2017, 02:22 PM
Give him some bath salts and chuck him out of a hotel window too. No thanks.

Reason2succeed
09-14-2017, 02:39 PM
No, no, no and no. I am a Houston Texans fan and the worst thing ever was us trying to put JJ Watt on offense. We all laughed at Kimdechee trying to play offense and now we want to do it.

I just want Simmons to anchor this defense. Let offensive players play offense.

Steakonastick
09-14-2017, 02:59 PM
I'd only use him as a fullback and purely as a blocker. Saban sometimes will put 2 d-tackles as his fullback's in the power I. But it helps when his o-lineman dont get knocked backwards.

Dawg61
09-14-2017, 03:26 PM
Hell yea I'd let him have the ball. Probably throw him it too as a TE. Dude is a monster that nobody is stopping! Score points bitches

Jack Lambert
09-14-2017, 03:31 PM
I specifically said I wouldn't want to see it like Ole Miss did with RK

Simmons already has more touch downs the RK.

TrapGame
09-14-2017, 03:39 PM

You must spread rep around before giving it to Jack Lambert.

msbulldog
09-14-2017, 03:46 PM

HA, you're right I didn't think about that. +1

deltadawg99
09-14-2017, 04:35 PM
Absolutely not!

It would be like In 2011 (I think) when Relf got stopped at the goal line as timed expired, we had freaking Fletcher Cox in at TE and he didn't touch a soul.