PDA

View Full Version : Hey MSSTATE 7 and other Braves fans

parabrave
09-13-2017, 09:32 PM
Gohara got his first win tonite. Great job by him.

Commercecomet24
09-13-2017, 09:33 PM
Dude looks like he's gonna be a good one!

msstate7
09-13-2017, 09:38 PM
The young guys are really playing well right now. Beat gio 8-0 last night and scherzer 8-2 tonight... wow. I'm gonna be at suntrust to see Newcomb Friday

Commercecomet24
09-13-2017, 09:54 PM
The young guys are really playing well right now. Beat gio 8-0 last night and scherzer 8-2 tonight... wow. I'm gonna be at suntrust to see Newcomb Friday

I'm glad to see them getting the younguns out there.

biscuit
09-14-2017, 07:50 AM
I like where this team is heading. Lots of talent and I think we will be alright next season

Tbonewannabe
09-14-2017, 08:31 AM
So does Acuna replace Kemp or Markakis? If he lives up to billing then that will be a good possibly great outfield. Just need to find someone that can play 3rd and that is a playoff roster if we get the pitching.

msstate7
09-14-2017, 09:14 AM
So does Acuna replace Kemp or Markakis? If he lives up to billing then that will be a good possibly great outfield. Just need to find someone that can play 3rd and that is a playoff roster if we get the pitching.

RF.

Kemp or Markakis will be in LF.

parabrave
09-14-2017, 10:24 AM
I think they will keep Kemp and probably try to bring back B Phillips or one year. This is to bring provide some veteran leadership and bring the young ones along.

BoomBoom
09-14-2017, 07:27 PM
Gohara got his first win tonite. Great job by him.

i'm just happy you went an entire thread without calling for Carmago to replace "Scruffy".

Commercecomet24
09-14-2017, 07:35 PM
Rumor is the Braves will be shopping kemp and markakis this winter.

KB21
09-14-2017, 07:40 PM
I like where this team is heading. Lots of talent and I think we will be alright next season

I think they are still 2-3 seasons away. Young teams just don't win much in the professional leagues. The team overall is transitioning to a younger team with the talent that is coming up from the farm system to the parent club. Not all of these pitchers will pan out. There should be a interesting spring training battle between Newcomb, Sims, Gohara and possibly Allard and Soroka at some point at making this team out of ST. I think Patrick Wiegel will have to get some time in AAA to prove his arm is right before he gets the call.

Austin Riley could make his debut at some point next year. They are sending him to the AFL.

BoomBoom
09-14-2017, 08:06 PM
I think they are still 2-3 seasons away. Young teams just don't win much in the professional leagues. The team overall is transitioning to a younger team with the talent that is coming up from the farm system to the parent club. Not all of these pitchers will pan out. There should be a interesting spring training battle between Newcomb, Sims, Gohara and possibly Allard and Soroka at some point at making this team out of ST. I think Patrick Wiegel will have to get some time in AAA to prove his arm is right before he gets the call.

Austin Riley could make his debut at some point next year. They are sending him to the AFL.

yeah, 2019-2020 is the window. then the young talent starts getting more and more expensive.

they also have to make some choices on SPs. can't keep em all.

develop 3 SP, trade for an ace, and FA for a #5 innnings eater if needed.

2018: Teheran, Folty, Newcomb, Gohera, Dickey. that's probably not going to get it done. 2019: Gohera, Weigal, Soroka, Allard, Wright. that could be special, but will probably be a little early for peak results from those guys.

parabrave
09-14-2017, 08:48 PM
One big problem that is arising with the future of the pitching staff is Folty. Hopefully he isn't pulling an Avery; that is forgetting how to pitch.

Commercecomet24
09-14-2017, 08:59 PM
Avery had that oblique injury tried to pitch with it messed up his shoulder and was never the same. Man that kid had some talent and serious stuff. I remember smoltz saying Avery had the best stuff of all those young pitchers. Tragic he could've been an all time great.

BoomBoom
09-14-2017, 09:20 PM
One big problem that is arising with the future of the pitching staff is Folty. Hopefully he isn't pulling an Avery; that is forgetting how to pitch.

whether Folty takes a step forward next year will determine a lot.