PDA

View Full Version : Latest on Dear?

Perpetual Underachiever
09-13-2017, 04:54 PM
Any chance he actually plays Saturday?

HSVDawg
09-13-2017, 05:15 PM
Any chance he actually plays Saturday?

6 months removed from an ACL tear? I would say absolutely none.

IMissJack
09-13-2017, 05:18 PM
I want what is best for him. I don't want him to come back too soon, but I can understand that he wants to.

ShotgunDawg
09-13-2017, 05:40 PM
I'm not sure where Dear helps us.

We haven't seen the slot WR motion into the backfield yet this year, but Mixon can do that the same as Dear

Ifyouonlyknew
09-13-2017, 06:16 PM
He's practicing this week. Real chance he plays

bostondawg
09-13-2017, 06:17 PM
Dear has actually made unbelievable progress in his recovery. Dan in the press conference said they're practicing him this week and gonna evaluate him at game time. He sounds really good for UGA.

Commercecomet24
09-13-2017, 06:19 PM
Dear has actually made unbelievable progress in his recovery. Dan in the press conference said they're practicing him this week and gonna evaluate him at game time. He sounds really good for UGA.

I heard this as well that it would probably be for uga

mstatefan91
09-13-2017, 06:20 PM
Yes he could play.

Dallas_Dawg
09-13-2017, 06:45 PM
That's awesome

BoomBoom
09-13-2017, 07:01 PM
6 months removed from an ACL tear? I would say absolutely none.

full tear requiring reattachment? agreed. partial tear requiring no surgery? he very well could be fully recovered.

BuckyIsAB****
09-13-2017, 07:06 PM
I say he plays vs UGA

Jack Lambert
09-13-2017, 07:08 PM
I seriously doubt State will put him as risk. If he plays then he is ready.

Floridawg
09-13-2017, 07:11 PM
You can not reattach an ACL. You make a new one or use a cadaver, which is normally used for people over 30 or in those who are not looking at competing at a high level. Not impossible to play 6 months post-op ACL surgery, soccer players do it all the time, depends on recovery and strength.

HSVDawg
09-13-2017, 08:34 PM

That seems crazy to me. If true, he's been a rehab warrior. If he has worked this hard and been cleared by doctors, I say he should be able to play and be rewarded for his efforts. See what he's got.

Reason2succeed
09-13-2017, 08:39 PM
That seems crazy to me. If true, he's been a rehab warrior. If he has worked this hard and been cleared by doctors, I say he should be able to play and be rewarded for his efforts. See what he's got.

I agree. If he wants to play then we need him to play. We need all the help we can get at WR. Another sure handed guy that could break a long one is needed.

For all the people wanting to stockpile the guy I understand the health concern. However, remember what we have coming in. Heath and Guidry should be more than adequate. He might as well play now while we need him. His value to us is higher now than it will be then.

Play him.

sandwolf
09-13-2017, 10:31 PM
It is incredible how far ACL surgery/recovery has come in the past 10-15 years.

Todd4State
09-13-2017, 11:20 PM
You can not reattach an ACL. You make a new one or use a cadaver, which is normally used for people over 30 or in those who are not looking at competing at a high level. Not impossible to play 6 months post-op ACL surgery, soccer players do it all the time, depends on recovery and strength.

They are progressing a lot with that surgery. What used to take a year may take 6 months now. It will probably only get better as time goes on as well.

Todd4State
09-13-2017, 11:25 PM
I agree. If he wants to play then we need him to play. We need all the help we can get at WR. Another sure handed guy that could break a long one is needed.

For all the people wanting to stockpile the guy I understand the health concern. However, remember what we have coming in. Heath and Guidry should be more than adequate. He might as well play now while we need him. His value to us is higher now than it will be then.

Play him.

I find it hard to believe that he would be 100%- and if he's not I have to wonder how much he could really help us. I don't really see Heath and Guidry affecting him too much because they are outside WR types- although I will say if we get Whop it could be interesting because I think you could see Heath or Whop in the slot some potentially.

Anyway, I would rather have a chance at Dear at 100% for two years than Dear at 70% for 9 games and then 100% for one year.

We need to use Nero Nelson in the slot rotation next year and use Dear as an athlete like Percy Harvin which I think we were starting to do.

Reason2succeed
09-14-2017, 08:22 AM
I find it hard to believe that he would be 100%- and if he's not I have to wonder how much he could really help us. I don't really see Heath and Guidry affecting him too much because they are outside WR types- although I will say if we get Whop it could be interesting because I think you could see Heath or Whop in the slot some potentially.

Anyway, I would rather have a chance at Dear at 100% for two years than Dear at 70% for 9 games and then 100% for one year.

We need to use Nero Nelson in the slot rotation next year and use Dear as an athlete like Percy Harvin which I think we were starting to do.

I'm assuming that Dear working in practice is to see if he is near 100%. If he is only 70% I agree that he could actually be a liability on the field. He would just be a slow undersized slot. At least our other guys have speed. If he is 90% or better let him play though.

I believe that MSU is getting to the place where redshirtting entire recruiting classes is over. These guys are so talented that if they can get enrolled early they will play as true freshmen.

HSVDawg
09-14-2017, 08:58 AM

My expectation would be that Mullen wouldn't play him if he's not 100%. So all this talk about him maybe playing depends on whether he is already there physically. Mentally, it's another story. But if he shows he is trusting the knee in practice with no side effects, I'd say get him some early touches and let him build his confidence. Once you get that first hit out of the way it is all downhill.

msugolf
09-14-2017, 09:13 AM
Article talking about new recovery times in ACL injuries. Danny Woodhead tore his in week 1 and returned around week 12.

So it's absolutely doable nowadays. 6 months recovery is a thing of the past.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/theundefeated.com/features/new-acl-surgery-could-cut-rehab-and-recovery-time-in-half/amp/

louisvilledawg
09-14-2017, 09:23 AM
Was told that the B & B show said that he's playing this week.