PDA

View Full Version : Can somebody repost the list of all of the om lies?

Tripp McNeely
09-13-2017, 01:50 PM
9 over 3
Just women's bball and track, etc.

I need to forward it to a bear

RougeDawg
09-13-2017, 01:55 PM
Pretty much everything they say daily can be considered a lie.

women's ball and track, Houston Nutt, none under Bucky

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-13-2017, 01:56 PM
What is the max number of characters that can be in a response?

jumbo
09-13-2017, 01:58 PM
no investigation
investigation is only women's bball and track
investigation includes football but it's all previous staff
investigations includes Freeze but it's all minor things, big allegations are previous staff

someone take over from here

Commercecomet24
09-13-2017, 01:59 PM
That list is so long it would break the internet!

starkvegasdawg
09-13-2017, 02:05 PM
Volume 1, 2, or 3?

1bigdawg
09-13-2017, 02:22 PM
9 over 3

Can't be done. The list is always growing.

dedawg9
09-13-2017, 02:37 PM
Somebody on here (maybe Devious Dawg?) typed a long list of their lies dating back to the beginning. That list should be pinned at the top of the board. Whoever kept up with the timeline did a fantastic job.

QuadrupleOption
09-13-2017, 02:40 PM
Rutherford B Hayes over on SixPackSpeak keeps a running total of the various spins and lies told about this investigation over the last two years. A search on that site might be useful. I'm sure he'll be updating it any day now since we've been hearing some new whoppers out of the 'not a fan' contingent.

dedawg9
09-13-2017, 04:34 PM
9 over 3

I am not sure if this is the one to which you are referring, but Devious Dawg34 posted this late summer 2016. It needs updated with the last 12 months of lies.

A timeline of the ever evolving defintion of the word "only"...

When used as an adverb, Merriam-Webster defines the word "only" as: "for nothing other than" or in layman terms "less than or equal to" or "the most possible". Below are some of examples of how the word "only" can be used in a sentence incorrectly:

Late June 2015: "Laremy Tunsil is only guilty of protecting his mother as well as he protects our quarterbacks!"

Late August 2015: "Tunsil may get a suspension, but it will only be for one game!"

Late September 2015: "This is almost over, Tunsil will only get suspended for 4 games!"

Late October 2015: "The investigation is finally over and the only punishment we got was a 7 game suspension for Tunsil!"

Late January 2015 (NOA rumors reported): "There is nothing to see here, it is all Women's Basketball/Track and only 1% football!"

Early February 2016: "OK, maybe 13 of the allegations are for football, but they are all only under previous staffs!"

Mid February 2016: "Well, 9 of the allegations are under Freeze's staff, but they are only minor violations and the Tunsil stuff, which has already been resolved!"

Early March 2016: "Guys, we need to relax, we have great lawyers and only committed minor violations. Bjork himself said we have a great response and can't wait to tell our story!"

Mid March 2016: "Well, it looks like we might get some sort of probation, but it won't be bad! I'm hearing from sources only 9 over 3!"

NFL Draft Night 2016: "Those messages might not be real, but even if they were it's only $300 and I'm hearing from sources that it was through a legal super-secret Opportunity Fund!"

Late May 2016 (NOA released): "After looking through the NOA, it looks like we will be fine! None of the allegations are that bad, and after 4 years of investigating the NCAA only found $15,000 worth of improper benifits! That's a good thing!"

Late May 2016 (OM responds to NOA): "Wow, sources are saying we have put together a great response, and due to our transparency, the COI will be accepting our selp imposed penalties of only 11 scholarships over 3 years! We are in the clear!"

June 2016: "Allegation #8 will be downgraded from a level I to a level II or maybe even level III violation. Sure, Walter Hughes may have been caught giving transportation/meals/lodging to recruits over 15 times, and who cares if he was notifying coaches every time he arrived with the recruits? The COI will downgrade it from level I as soon as we explain to them that Walter Hughes is a FCA leader and was only at an in home visit with Freeze and Harris to share his daily devotion! I mean come on, the only recruit he was involved with that signed with us was only a 2 star, so it doesn't even count!!!! I mean sure, Christian Morris was one of the 4 guys involved with Hughes, but he signed with UCLA on signing day! It is clear that Hughes had nothing to do with Morris transferring from UCLA to Ole Miss months after signing day, he decided to transfer only after realizing that Oxford is much more beautiful than Los Angeles. Who would want to live in driving distance from the mountains, the Pacific Ocean and downtown LA when you could live in walking distance from the Square?"

June 2016: "Well, it looks like the COI might add on a little bit to our self imposed sanctions, but it will only be a scholarship or two!"

June 2016: "So what if we let some recruits and their families stay in a hotel for a weekend, it's not like we were gonna let them sleep on the streets. I mean come on, The Inn at Ole Miss is only a hotel!!"

July 2016 (a post on the SECrant from a Reb to a state fan): "30 scholarships, 2 years of post season ban and coaching show causes/suspensions??? You Bulldogs are crazy. What happens when we only get 20 scholarships over 4 years??"

July 2016: "We will get through the sanctions just fine. It really won't be a big deal because our coaching staff is fine! Obviously they are all safe because we haven't fired anyone!! The only coaching penalties we will receive is Kiffin's 30 day recruiting suspension. Freeze is safe and that is all that matters!"

Yesterday: "OK, so maybe Freeze will get a little suspension, but it will only be 2 games!"

Today (Ole Miss fan's thoughts to themselves): "I can't understand why everyone thinks we are screwed. When you objectively look at the NOA it's clear we are fine. We only had 8 level I violations. We only had 3 of our coaches provide housing for a few recruits while we were fixing their ACT scores. We only loaned Tunsil a few more free vehicles after the NCAA caught us and told us to stop. We only had 5 coaches involved with a booster who got caught providing illegal benefits to recruits only 15 times. We only got caught handing out $15,000 worth of recruiting inducements. All of these 'violations" only occured under 2 different coaching staffs. That's just some minor stuff, I can't understand why we are the only people that realize that we are fine! The only thing we are guilty of is providing a little helpin' to some underprivileged families and beating Bama and State's ass!"

In only a year, Ole Miss fans have gone from "Tunsil was only protecting his mother, we are fine!" to "State fan's are crazy, after all of this we are only going to get 20 scholarships and a 2 game suspension for Freeze!"

What will be the next only? I predict it will be "This really isn't a big deal, we might get a post season ban, but it will only be for one year! Honestly, this is a good thing, it just gives us more time to close out our 2017 recruiting class strong!"

When will OM fans look at their collective bottle of Evan Green and realize that it's not "only 3/4 empty" but in reality almost gone? They may not realize it until they go for another drink, only to realize that the liquor is all gone. It's gonna be a long, sobering walk to fill up at the square for some of those guys, if only they had remembered to pack that CamelBak!!

Tripp McNeely
09-13-2017, 04:39 PM
Close enough. That'll work! Thanks guys