PDA

View Full Version : Status of LSU's Arden Key and Rashard Lawrence

bostondawg
09-13-2017, 10:18 AM
Per Bruce Feldman on twitter.

On Rashard Lawrence, former 5* and their starting DE: Ed Orgeron says #LSU's best DL Rashard Lawrence is "very questionable" for #MissState game. "I don't think he's gonna play."

On Arden Key: Orgeron on #LSU OLB Arden Key's return: "His football condition is not where it needs to be. Can't play a whole game yet but he will start."

I seen it dawg
09-13-2017, 10:30 AM
Lawrence has an ankle. Key is sober

msstate7
09-13-2017, 10:38 AM
Gotta run right at those guys early.

TrapGame
09-13-2017, 10:39 AM
Key gonna get that shoulder re-injured.

louisvilledawg
09-13-2017, 10:57 AM
Lawrence has an ankle. Key is sober

Having only one, I don't see how he'll play. :o

MarketingBully
09-13-2017, 11:00 AM
Gotta run right at those guys early.

Lawrence isn't going to play. Key is out of shape (as I said 20 pounds overweight) and may make it to 20 snaps or so. They have untested albeit talented freshmen playing in their secondary. Fitz just has to be patient and not turn it over. I think we win 21-17 or something like that. I think we get to Etling and slow down Guice to keep their offense in check. This is going to be a great game to watch but I think Fitz will make a few more plays then Etling will and we will win.

Lord McBuckethead
09-13-2017, 11:18 AM
38-13 is what I am calling Dawgs.

biggun
09-13-2017, 11:22 AM
Going to have to help on Key, most likely a TE

JimmyMcNulty
09-13-2017, 11:44 AM
Big test for Rankin.. if he plays well against Key he is setting himself up to make some nice $$$$

msudawglb
09-13-2017, 11:47 AM
I do believe once Key is on the game, that I'd go no huddle so that he can't get his breath or sub out. Run right at him. Make LSU use a timeout.

biggun
09-13-2017, 11:57 AM
Big test for Rankin.. if he plays well against Key he is setting himself up to make some nice $$$$

Key is a beast. Two years ago in Starkville, Key was killing Dak & our offense for just about the entire 1st half but after halftime adjustments, we handled him & LSU's defense much better in the 2nd half. Hope we don't wait until the 3rd qtr to give Rankin some help on him.

NCDawg
09-13-2017, 12:52 PM
I doubt if we will be able to run against LSU's defense. Also, I'm concerned if Charleston Southern can put that much heat on Fitz when he's back to throw, how much heat can LSU's defense put on him? I hope I'm wrong, but I'm very concerned about our offense moving the ball in this game.

BulldogDX55
09-13-2017, 01:51 PM
I do believe once Key is on the game, that I'd go no huddle so that he can't get his breath or sub out. Run right at him. Make LSU use a timeout.

This.

I was reading their boards, and for some reason their "godlike" DC was bragging about a "Cheetah Package" that they'd sub in on 3rd and long where it would be something like a 1-5-5 formation with as much speed on the field at once. I don't know why you'd put that out there, outside of trying to make the other team waste time in practice preparing for that, but either way you can't swap personnel if there is no stoppage in play.

smootness
09-13-2017, 01:53 PM
This.

I was reading their boards, and for some reason their "godlike" DC was bragging about a "Cheetah Package" that they'd sub in on 3rd and long where it would be something like a 1-5-5 formation with as much speed on the field at once. I don't know why you'd put that out there, outside of trying to make the other team waste time in practice preparing for that, but either way you can't swap personnel if there is no stoppage in play.

That seems like a pretty dumb defense anyway, unless it's like 3rd and 25. Why just sit back and allow the QB to have as much time as he wants? A player will eventually find space. That's probably the worst way I can think of the defend against most normal 3rd downs.

BulldogDX55
09-13-2017, 03:10 PM
That seems like a pretty dumb defense anyway, unless it's like 3rd and 25. Why just sit back and allow the QB to have as much time as he wants? A player will eventually find space. That's probably the worst way I can think of the defend against most normal 3rd downs.

The mouthbreathers on TigerDroppings were drooling over the edge rushing and blitz from everywhere possibilities.

Jack Lambert
09-13-2017, 03:13 PM

Well If Rankin is an NFL prospect he better step up.

Jack Lambert
09-13-2017, 03:13 PM
This.

That's if they have time.

BiscuitEater
09-13-2017, 07:49 PM
Yet, State remains the ONLY SEC team to not allow a single sack!

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-14-2017, 09:24 AM
Yet, State remains the ONLY SEC team to not allow a single sack!

That will end Saturday night.

BulldogDX55
09-14-2017, 01:16 PM
We've been spotted.

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/lsu-sports/the-state-fans-on-elitedawgs-are-just-plain-ole-stupid/72149577/

They also said you are the dumbest person they've ever seen.

TrapGame
09-14-2017, 01:47 PM
There's gonna be a lot of sad, pissed off people on that board Sunday morning.

preachermatt83
09-14-2017, 02:00 PM
It's gonna be an epic meltdown over there about 10 o'clock sat night. Wonder how many fire coach o threads will pop up. Lol. Cajuns! Smh!!

msstate7
09-14-2017, 02:08 PM
It's gonna be an epic meltdown over there about 10 o'clock sat night. Wonder how many fire coach o threads will pop up. Lol. Cajuns! Smh!!

If we win, tRant will "crash", again

MarketingBully
09-14-2017, 02:10 PM
They still view us as an easy win because they have had shit coaches, shitty teams, good coaches and good teams and have gone 23-3 against us since 1991. Even Curley Hallman's shit Tiger teams beat us. I blame Jackie Sherrill and their hiring of Nick Saban as one of the big reasons why that number is completely skewed. Coach Sherrill was an incredible coach and one of the best coaches we have ever had here but his career going up against LSU (even at A&M) was absymal. What the tiger fans don't realize is that the last three games in the series have been decided by one possession which is why I have optimism this year. We have tremendously upgraded at the D.C. position while they have tremendously downgraded at the head coach position. That will make a big difference in the outcome of this game (positively in our favor).

Pollodawg
09-14-2017, 02:16 PM
It's always funny when people from Louisiana make fun of people from Mississippi. These people eat possum for Christmas dinner. I know. My wife's from down there. Lol

bayoubengal
09-14-2017, 04:15 PM
It's hilarious reading everyone's posts here and seeing how delusional y'all really are. LSU is going to mop the field with MS state again this year. Our defense is going to crush Fitzgerald and good luck trying to run on the #1 ranked defense in the country. 34 - 17 LSU if you're lucky.

bayoubengal
09-14-2017, 04:17 PM
you do realize you live in Mississippi right? You know the laughing stock of the entire country.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2017, 04:17 PM
One narrative that's been a little tiresome today is the LSU coordinators are better than MSU's coordinators narrative.

Bartoo started the narrative on Bo Bounds this morning & then it was echoed by the LSU SEC Country guy on Brandon Walker's show.

Now, I have no interest in knocking the LSU coordinators. They are great & very talented.

What I do have interest in addressing though is that Dan Mullen is MSU's offensive coordinator. Not Hev or Billy G

So, I'm not exactly sure how Bartoo's matrix actually accounts for head coaches that are actually the coordinator on their specialty side of the ball, but when you say:

Mullen & Grantham vs Aranda & Canada, well that actually seem like a really good matchup with the MSU side having a ton more experience & trophies on their wall than the LSU coordinators. I mean, let's pull up resumes & compare the two sides.

Jack Lambert
09-14-2017, 04:18 PM
It's hilarious reading everyone's posts here and seeing how delusional y'all really are. LSU is going to mop the field with MS state again this year. Our defense is going to crush Fitzgerald and good luck trying to run on the #1 ranked defense in the country. 34 - 17 LSU if you're lucky.

Just don't trash our campus up with corn dog sticks and wrappings.

bayoubengal
but you want

ShotgunDawg

http://static.omgvoice.com/images/2016/08/03150246/Go-Team-Meme.jpeg

bayoubengal
09-14-2017, 04:21 PM
Just don't trash our campus up with corn dog sticks and wrappings.

Our fans are usually very respectful and travel well.

TrapGame
09-14-2017, 04:23 PM
but you want

That English as a second language is killing your coonass, isn't it?

Political Hack
09-14-2017, 04:28 PM
you do realize you live in Mississippi right? You know the laughing stock of the entire country.

Took a break from your perpetual county fair to come talk trash? Awesome. Hope the tilt-a-whirl patrons were safe while you were typing up your well thought-out insult.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-14-2017, 04:29 PM

What gives you any indication that it will be a blowout other than a self inflated ego? Obviously we're in your head if you had to take the time to create an account and post. Games have been relatively tight the last several years and this one will be as well.

AusTexDawg
09-14-2017, 04:36 PM

Can't we all just agree that's Arkansas...?***

Johnson85
09-14-2017, 04:39 PM
What gives you any indication that it will be a blowout other than a self inflated ego? Obviously we're in your head if you had to take the time to create an account and post. Games have been relatively tight the last several years and this one will be as well.

I would argue only one game in the past three years was really tight. In 2014, we dominated them and then got stupid and it ended up close. Last year they dominated our offense and then got stupid late and it ended up close.

ShotgunDawg
09-14-2017, 04:49 PM
Cole Cubelic said on his show this morning that he watched LSU practice last week before he covered their game last Saturday & said that Key is way overweight & not in playing shape. Said he would be shocked if Key pay more than 10-15 snaps.

Said it's plain as day. "There is no way he is in the type of shape he wants to be in."

"You'll see it in warmups. The first time you see him you'll say "that's not the same guy we saw last year wrecking havoc."

Behrdawg
09-14-2017, 05:06 PM

See ya, Josh

I seen it dawg
09-14-2017, 05:28 PM
**** the corndogs

TUSK
09-14-2017, 05:41 PM

While I'm uncertain as to what LSU means by a "1-5-5" defense, if they've the talent, it's feasible...

of the 5 LBs, 2-3 are "jacks/hybrids" and still can both play with a hand in the dirt or cover some or blitz... It takes a special cat to pull that off, though....

Shirley they don't intend to rush just 1....?

Defensively, LSU should just play this game straight up, IMO....

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-14-2017, 05:44 PM
I would argue only one game in the past three years was really tight. In 2014, we dominated them and then got stupid and it ended up close. Last year they dominated our offense and then got stupid late and it ended up close.

Take that shit to the rant! You're not pulling the rope in the right direction!

Pollodawg
09-14-2017, 05:49 PM
Better coordinators? Didn't one of their new coordinators get fired from his last gig.

Pollodawg
09-14-2017, 05:52 PM
Mississippi gave the world art and literature unparalleled. Thanks for gumbo and "Swamp People" I guess.....

msbulldog
09-14-2017, 05:54 PM
One narrative that's been a little tiresome today is the LSU coordinators are better than MSU's coordinators narrative.

Bartoo started the narrative on Bo Bounds this morning & then it was echoed by the LSU SEC Country guy on Brandon Walker's show.

Now, I have no interest in knocking the LSU coordinators. They are great & very talented.

What I do have interest in addressing though is that Dan Mullen is MSU's offensive coordinator. Not Hev or Billy G

So, I'm not exactly sure how Bartoo's matrix actually accounts for head coaches that are actually the coordinator on their specialty side of the ball, but when you say:

Mullen & Grantham vs Aranda & Canada, well that actually seem like a really good matchup with the MSU side having a ton more experience & trophies on their wall than the LSU coordinators. I mean, let's pull up resumes & compare the two sides.

Gun, I was thinking the same thing listening to Bartoo on OOB. I particularly like the match-up between Grantham and Canada. Canada's numbers are good, but those numbers were put up against some really $hitty competition. The only power school he has coached at is Wisconsin. On the other hand Grantham has put his time in with the big boys. Grantham reminds me of Joe Lee Dunn (with socks, I guess). I remember well Joe Lee's time at Mississippi and Mississippi State, (loved those games). I don't care what anybody tell's you, Joe Lee struck the fear of God in the hearts of opposing coaches. They never knew where his players were coming from and they never knew what that crazy man would do next. For anybody reading this post, do yourself a favor and google games Joe Lee coached in, you will be amazed.

msbulldog
09-14-2017, 06:28 PM

Let me tell you something Dickhead, I graduated high school in Louisiana, I live in Louisiana now and have lived a large portion of my life in Louisiana. I don't know where you get off saying Mississippi is the laughing stock of the entire country. Damn you and I live in Louisiana, shit, how many times did you elect Edwin Edwards. Our damn governor has threatened to end of the LSU athletic program because of the government money short fall. When Katrina hit, Louisiana was begging for FEMA help, Mississippi just fixed it. Now do you want me to go on, because I can endlessly, we are both poor states with tons of challenges. The best thing we can do is cooperate in economic projects, "rising waters raise all ships".

BuckyIsAB****
09-14-2017, 08:02 PM
38-13 is what I am calling Dawgs.

If we win 38-13 you can have all my vcash or whatever

Commercecomet24
09-14-2017, 08:11 PM
Let me tell you something Dickhead, I graduated high school in Louisiana, I live in Louisiana now and have lived a large portion of my life in Louisiana. I don't know where you get off saying Mississippi is the laughing stock of the entire country. Damn you and I live in Louisiana, shit, how many times did you elect Edwin Edwards. Our damn governor has threatened to end of the LSU athletic program because of the government money short fall. When Katrina hit, Louisiana was begging for FEMA help, Mississippi just fixed it. Now do you want me to go on, because I can endlessly, we are both poor states with tons of challenges. The best thing we can do is cooperate in economic projects, "rising waters raise all ships".

Thank you! Excellent post and dead on accurate!

KingDingaling
09-14-2017, 08:54 PM
Fake news

BeardoMSU
09-14-2017, 08:59 PM

Hey, you petite cu^t thistle...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvMYPF-gnQU

IMissJack
09-15-2017, 07:07 AM
Our fans are usually very respectful and travel well.

1 out of 2 ain't bad.

DancingRabbit
09-15-2017, 11:34 AM
Just read that Lawrence's primary back-up, Frank Herron, is also not available this week.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_5b9f231c-9993-11e7-af3b-a7ac44cf582b.html

Pollodawg
09-15-2017, 12:34 PM
We're gonna run em outta the stadium.

TrapGame
09-15-2017, 01:11 PM
Just read that Lawrence's primary back-up, Frank Herron, is also not available this week.

http://www.theadvocate.com/baton_rouge/sports/lsu/article_5b9f231c-9993-11e7-af3b-a7ac44cf582b.html

This LSU team hasn't really been punched in the mouth yet, Coach O knows it. That's why he's talking about playing Key. Even with just a few of their main players out we have enough talent to pop them in the jaw and make this a tough game for them. Like I posted before, Coach O will be the nervous coach Saturday.