PDA

View Full Version : Rumors making the rounds this morning

Kyper
09-13-2017, 08:21 AM
The COI didn't request SA39 to testify, it was the investigation side that recommended it. They did so because SA39 was such a good witness. They wanted to make sure the COI got the full impact. The word is SA39's time before the COI went very smoothly

The video they showed the COI from Rebel Rags validated the allegations and has effively ended the lawsuit. Only question left now is whether a countersuit is filed.

Rumblings of a 3 year bowl ban were overheard

msstate7
09-13-2017, 08:23 AM
3 year bowl ban is what I want the most. I wanna see the flood gates open on transfers knowing OM can't fill those spots with good players

t45fixer
09-13-2017, 08:24 AM
That is the rumor I'm hearing as well.

Political Hack
09-13-2017, 08:27 AM
Yep. Thats making the rounds. Now heard from 3 different people.

Can you imagine the look on their smug faces when everything they just said was a lie was upheld on a video?

So the big question is, does the NCAA consider them to be lying in the COI and throw the book at them now?

confucius say
09-13-2017, 08:30 AM
What video?

Kyper
09-13-2017, 08:34 AM
What video?

The NCAA had Kobe Jones video his Rebel Rags experience. Game Over

starkvegasdawg
09-13-2017, 08:36 AM
But Ben says...

Commercecomet24
09-13-2017, 08:37 AM

First time I've heard about this. Ruh-Roh, bears

Commercecomet24
09-13-2017, 08:38 AM
Yep. Thats making the rounds. Now heard from 3 different people.

Can you imagine the look on their smug faces when everything they just said was a lie was upheld on a video?

So the big question is, does the NCAA consider them to be lying in the COI and throw the book at them now?

Glad to hear you confirm, Hack, you always right on the money.

TrapGame
09-13-2017, 08:39 AM

BOOM!!!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-13-2017, 08:44 AM
I go back to this time and again, they are not interested in punishing the SA's, they're after the adults who start it.

“Our desire is never to focus on student-athlete culpability,” Duncan said. “In enforcement, our broader desire is to zero in and focus on the adult culpability, the grown-ups who are involved in violations, and one way to substantiate information or to get refuting information is to talk to the student-athletes or prospective student-athletes, particularly in our focus areas of recruiting and academic integrity.

“It is effective to help encourage that young man or young woman to cooperate with us if he or she knows they’ll be eligible to play and won’t be cited for a violation of the infractions process.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/2017/02/08/ncaa-immunity-investigations-committee-on-infractions/97658116/

confucius say
09-13-2017, 09:20 AM

Whoa! Game changer. I've heard about the video he made of clothes received that included the assistant managers card and personal phone number, but are you saying he videoed his experience while in RR? That would be new info.

bostondawg
09-13-2017, 09:23 AM
Just to clarify: my understanding was that KJ videoed himself where he recounts the experience in RR. I don't think they sent him in with a hidden camera to RR, narc style. Am I wrong here?

Political Hack
09-13-2017, 09:24 AM
Whoa! Game changer. I've heard about the video he made of clothes received that included the assistant managers card and personal phone number, but are you saying he videoed his experience while in RR? That would be new info.

That's what's being said.

Buddy
09-13-2017, 09:25 AM

Leo is the one that videoed the clothes he got from RR and the business card with the cell phone number written on it. That was all listed in the NCAA response to OM's response. Haven't heard of an additional Kobe Jones' video before now.

Bully13
09-13-2017, 09:30 AM
Question: anybody know the difference between "immunity" and "limited immunity" re 39? At first it was just immunity then the ole miss writers started throwing the "limited" version out there. Any significance or just more rebel bullshit?

Hrdawg82
09-13-2017, 09:36 AM
The COI didn't request SA39 to testify, it was the investigation side that recommended it. They did so because SA39 was such a good witness. They wanted to make sure the COI got the full impact. The word is SA39's time before the COI went very smoothly

The video they showed the COI from Rebel Rags validated the allegations and has effively ended the lawsuit. Only question left now is whether a countersuit is filed.

Who is already talking punishments? Not saying they wont get that because they certainly deserve it, but if the hearing ended yesterday how are they already discussing bowl bans?

YoungB
09-13-2017, 09:44 AM

Was RR lawsuit only an attempt to get the NCAA's cards on the table before the COI?

Westdawg
09-13-2017, 09:50 AM
Rueeee

JoseBrown
09-13-2017, 09:59 AM
But I thought Umiss had the only videos what would dominate the hearing, and cause the anal sphincters to pucker? So for all these years the Umiss "fan-boys" had it exactly 110% wrong? Who'd a thunk it?

Kyper
09-13-2017, 10:00 AM
Was RR lawsuit only an attempt to get the NCAA's cards on the table before the COI?

Sounds like RR had no idea they were on Candid Camera

Kyper
09-13-2017, 10:02 AM
Who is already talking punishments? Not saying they wont get that because they certainly deserve it, but if the hearing ended yesterday how are they already discussing bowl bans?

My guess would be Keenum, Sankey, and NCAA officials

msstatelp1
09-13-2017, 10:03 AM
Question: anybody know the difference between "immunity" and "limited immunity" re 39? At first it was just immunity then the ole miss writers started throwing the "limited" version out there. Any significance or just more rebel bullshit?

I believe the limited part means he has immunity for anything related to this investigation whereas full immunity would absolve of him any violation that may have happened regardless of the school or situation.

I seen it dawg
09-13-2017, 10:32 AM
Shitbirds got ****ed

Doggie_Style
09-13-2017, 10:37 AM

IF said video does exist, would not Rebel Rags immediately drop their lawsuit? I think the motion to dismiss the suit will be heard on 9/25.

preachermatt83
09-13-2017, 10:55 AM
We all remember when the rumor went around this past recruiting cycle about the NCAA doing a "sting" on Rebel Rags.
Elitedawgs was first to break that news...
Guess what?? Ding ding ding. Word I got was that OM began to give rebuttal to Rebel Rags allegations.....and that's when the NCAA shared their video evidence from that "sting".
SILENCE in the room 😶😶😶😶😶
😱😱😱😜😜😜😆😆😆😆😆😆

Want to know why it all ended a full day early plus ending early yesterday ?? There's your answer, folks.

Rue, my fellow EDs, rue 😁😁😁😁😁

Epicness

Jack Lambert
09-13-2017, 10:57 AM

So what you are saying is the NCAA wired Kobe?

Pollodawg
09-13-2017, 11:01 AM
I thought the NCAA couldn't spring new evidence on OM at the COI. It would be epic if they did, but I doubt they whipped out anything OM hadn't heard or seen. It might be BIGGER than anything they'd ever heard or seen, but I'll bet it wasn't new.

TrapGame
09-13-2017, 11:01 AM
The CL guy, Antonio, told H2H the OM reps were prepared to go the full two days of rebuttal but everything was ended yesterday by the middle of afternoon by the COI.

They got their asses busted in front of the COI. Meeting adjourned.

You're 17'd shitbirds.

RougeDawg
09-13-2017, 11:19 AM

I'm fairly certain they did the same with Scarborough from Bama in 15 and Brennan from LSU this past recruiting season. Anyone remember him opening his commitment, visiting with them and then committing back to LSU within a short period. As soon as he opened up Bucky and Booster headed doen to Bay St. Louis and withing a few days he was back committed to LSU.

Those dumb bastards fell for it bait and switch.

Spiderman
09-13-2017, 11:25 AM

While i would love that to be true, noway, if it existed, are we just now hearing of that. Something like that would have been eluded to in the NCAA response

Pollodawg
09-13-2017, 11:27 AM
While i would love that to be true, noway, if it existed, are we just now hearing of that. Something like that would have been eluded to in the NCAA response

This.

Kyper
09-13-2017, 11:34 AM

No. Kobe just video'd some of his time while he was at RR getting apparel.

Mjoelner34
09-13-2017, 11:38 AM

It was done solely for the purpose of demonizing and vilifying Leo and Kobe to distract from everything else in the NOA. If they were lying, then RR would have nothing to to fear from the NCAA and the business and the owner could remain boosters so why file a lawsuit if you are innocent and will proven so without one?

Spiderman
09-13-2017, 11:41 AM
It was done solely for the purpose of demonizing and vilifying Leo and Kobe to distract from everything else in the NOA. If they were lying, then RR would have nothing to to fear from the NCAA and the business and the owner could remain boosters so why file a lawsuit if you are innocent and will proven so without one?

OM couldn't sue them, the RR lawsuit is a de facto OM vs Lewis, Jones, Miller lawsuit. Merkel doesn't take this case for damn RR. He did it to help OM

ckDOG
09-13-2017, 11:42 AM
Why wouldn't this info been presented in the NOA as evidence?

Kyper
09-13-2017, 11:56 AM
[QUOTE=Spiderman;801581]OM couldn't sue them, the RR lawsuit is a de facto OM vs Lewis, Jones, Miller lawsuit. Merkel doesn't take this case for damn RR. He did it to help OM[/QUOTE

Merckel wasn't aware of the video. When it became known- the date was moved until after the COI met to make sure it was legit. OM has been getting played in this all along

Kyper
09-13-2017, 11:57 AM
Why wouldn't this info been presented in the NOA as evidence?

Allegations are in the NOA- not every speck of evidence.

Westdawg
09-13-2017, 12:01 PM
I thought the NCAA couldn't spring new evidence on OM at the COI. It would be epic if they did, but I doubt they whipped out anything OM hadn't heard or seen. It might be BIGGER than anything they'd ever heard or seen, but I'll bet it wasn't new.

they couldn't bring up evidence that brought NEW ALLEGATIONS, but they are more than able to give further evidence which verifies what was already in the NOA.

PMDawg
09-13-2017, 12:03 PM
IF said video does exist, would not Rebel Rags immediately drop their lawsuit? I think the motion to dismiss the suit will be heard on 9/25.

Exactly. If this is true, we should see the suits dropped very soon.

Westdawg
09-13-2017, 12:05 PM
[

Cooterpoot
09-13-2017, 12:18 PM
Bottomline....unless Rosie is bringing this kind of rumor, I'm not buying.

StoneDawg
09-13-2017, 12:58 PM

👍🏼

Commercecomet24
09-13-2017, 01:02 PM

This! People keep thinking this is a court of law and it's not.

gtowndawg
09-13-2017, 01:04 PM
We all remember when the rumor went around this past recruiting cycle about the NCAA doing a "sting" on Rebel Rags.
Elitedawgs was first to break that news...
Guess what?? Ding ding ding. Word I got was that OM began to give rebuttal to Rebel Rags allegations.....and that's when the NCAA shared their video evidence from that "sting".
SILENCE in the room 😶😶😶😶😶
😱😱😱😜😜😜😆😆😆😆😆😆

Want to know why it all ended a full day early plus ending early yesterday ?? There's your answer, folks.

Rue, my fellow EDs, rue 😁😁😁😁😁

Dear heavens...wow.

Kyper
09-13-2017, 01:07 PM

That's fine. But Elitedawgs broke the investigation 2 years before Rosebowl said a thing about it

TrapGame
09-13-2017, 01:08 PM
This! People keep thinking this is a court of law and it's not.

Sounds like the NCAA had an ace up their sleeve especially for om.

What's that saying about giving someone enough rope?

ckDOG
09-13-2017, 01:14 PM

Hardly would call that a speck. OM would also know about it if it were included in the docket of evidence referenced by the NOA and wouldn't be fighting the charge. If the video exists and made its way to the COI just yesterday, something very bizarre is happening. Would love to see it happen but doesn't pass the smell test.

Commercecomet24
09-13-2017, 01:15 PM

Exactly!

Kyper
09-13-2017, 01:19 PM
Hardly would call that a speck. OM would also know about it if it were included in the docket of evidence referenced by the NOA and wouldn't be fighting the charge. If the video exists and made its way to the COI just yesterday, something very bizarre is happening. Would love to see it happen but doesn't pass the smell test.

Who said it just appeared yesterday? Certain people have known about it all along.

Liverpooldawg
09-13-2017, 01:20 PM

More like UM was trying to bluff a full house with a pair of duces.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-13-2017, 01:23 PM

They are NOT talking punishments yet, that is ridiculous.

TrapGame
09-13-2017, 01:34 PM
Exactly!

You know Commercecomet24, with all the shit ole miss has been giving the NCAA I wouldn't be surprised if this was their way of saying you 17'd with the wrong people. Know what I mean?

Commercecomet24
09-13-2017, 01:36 PM
You know Commercecomet24, with all the shit ole miss has been giving the NCAA I wouldn't be surprised if this was their way of saying you 17'd with the wrong people. Know what I mean?

I hear ya! Would be sweet wouldn't it?

HSVDawg
09-13-2017, 02:23 PM
Nothing to see here. Even if there was a video of Kobe getting free stuff, Rebel Rags still doesn't use ink tags or have gift cards their employers can swipe, so therefore everyone is lying and....9 over 3. #HottyToddy

ElitedawgRecruiting
09-13-2017, 02:29 PM
Here's the deal. Ole Miss doesn't want anything to do with Terry warren. Nothing. Let him do all this. That way when we disassociate ourselves we have a reason. And anyone going along with him, hey chuck, is gonna get burned too

sandwolf
09-13-2017, 04:03 PM
Agreed.

Jack Lambert
09-13-2017, 04:21 PM
Everyone is questioning is there a video and there are others describing the video. Isn't or is?

Most Bastards are made because their dad was pushing when they should have been pulling. Nothing to do with the thread.

state66
09-13-2017, 04:44 PM
So apparently Steve has confirmed the existence of a video. Said the video is mentioned in the reaponse by the NCAA.

mstatefan91
09-13-2017, 04:54 PM
So apparently Steve has confirmed the existence of a video. Said the video is mentioned in the reaponse by the NCAA.
Where is Steve saying this?

Kyper
09-13-2017, 05:26 PM
They are NOT talking punishments yet, that is ridiculous.

Sankey- "How stiff you think the penalties will be? How many years on the bowl ban?"

Committee Member #5- "I obviously can say for sure Greg, but I am going to push for a 3 year ban. What they did was ridiculous"

Sankey puts his hand over the mouthpiece on the phone and leans over- "Holy shit Templeton, he said he was going to push for a 3 year bowl ban"

I'm not saying that happened, but I'm saying that is 100% plausible and in no way ridiculous.

StoneDawg
09-13-2017, 05:42 PM
Has anyone on this board seen the video?

mstatefan91
09-13-2017, 05:45 PM
Has anyone on this board seen the video?

Here ya go

https://youtu.be/oHg5SJYRHA0

Kyper
09-13-2017, 05:55 PM
Yes- Steve also confirmed the video is real

mstatefan91
09-13-2017, 05:57 PM
Yes- Steve also confirmed the video is real

Where? :)

His podcast didn't get released today. I didn't see him tweet it. So Genespage?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-13-2017, 05:58 PM
Sankey- "How stiff you think the penalties will be? How many years on the bowl ban?"

Committee Member #5- "I obviously can say for sure Greg, but I am going to push for a 3 year ban. What they did was ridiculous"

Sankey puts his hand over the mouthpiece on the phone and leans over- "Holy shit Templeton, he said he was going to push for a 3 year bowl ban"

I'm not saying that happened, but I'm saying that is 100% plausible and in no way ridiculous.

It is very ridiculous. These are professionals not just guys sitting around in a bar bullshitting like you just portrayed.

Kyper
09-13-2017, 05:59 PM
It is very ridiculous. These are professionals not just guys sitting around in a bar bullshitting like you just portrayed.

Comey, Trump, and other members of the FBI are professionals too- yet they have leaks. The SEC office has leaks as well. Sankey talks to committee members. That's not hard to figure out for most people

mstatefan91
09-13-2017, 06:00 PM

Professionals don't talk to each other? Lol

shannondawg
09-13-2017, 06:00 PM
What a waste if perfectly good video tape.

Just to be perfectly clear, I was talking about that awful music video by whoever.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-13-2017, 06:07 PM

Straw man....LOL

Kyper
09-13-2017, 06:08 PM

Sankey is the head of a damn committee- Dawg Gone is just baffled that he might talk to someone on the committee. He may have recused himself, but he is getting info on wtf is going on. People just dont seem to understand how all this stuff works

mstatefan91
09-13-2017, 06:10 PM
Straw man....LOL

You said professionals don't sit around bullshitting; therefore, this is not a straw man. LOL

Professionals gossip like the rest of us. That's why the media have sources.

To help with your confusion, "talk" in the above post is meant as "gossip" given the context of the conversation. This is what you might call "bullshitting".

K thanx

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-13-2017, 06:11 PM
Comey, Trump, and other members of the FBI are professionals too- yet they have leaks. The SEC office has leaks as well. Sankey talks to committee members. That's not hard to figure out for most people

You said "rumblings of a 3 year ban were overheard" How the 17 do you know that? This rumor more than likely got started by some drunk ass telling his friend on a message board and then you came here and shared your "inside knowledge" with everyone not know shit. I am not saying they are not getting a 3 year bowl ban but quit pretending like this information is being broke on ED a day after the hearing because it is not. Unless you were there and heard for yourself. Were you?

Kyper
09-13-2017, 06:15 PM
You said "rumblings of a 3 year ban were overheard" How the 17 do you know that?

Because I know people on State's campus that you don't. How's that?