PDA

View Full Version : Word out of Starkville tonight...

Coach34
09-12-2017, 08:56 PM
Leo Lewis had a relatively easy time before the COI. Nothing unexpected came his way. Now he is focused on LSU.

Just passing along what I've heard

Commercecomet24
09-12-2017, 08:57 PM
Good news! Thanks for the info, Coach!

mstatefan91
09-12-2017, 08:57 PM
So the point of disrupting his schedule was...?

Hope he gets zoned in. Gonna need him to have a big game Saturday night.

Harrydawg
09-12-2017, 08:58 PM
I don't think there is any question that a short hearing is bad news for the bears. Open and shut.

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-12-2017, 08:58 PM
That's not what I've been reading over on the Spirit.******************************************* *************************

mstatefan91
09-12-2017, 09:05 PM
That's not what I've been reading over on the Spirit.******************************************* *************************
LL forgot how to speak so the COI allowed OM to audible to a dismissal! Hobby Lobby fellow Comfederates!*****

But my favorite is the guy claiming that nobody cares about bowl games.

"I don't care" cries the toddler

Edit: misspelled confederates. 17 it, it's staying

TrapGame
09-12-2017, 09:07 PM
If it was bad for Leo he wouldn't practicing or playing.

Leroy Jenkins
09-12-2017, 09:10 PM
If it was bad for Leo he wouldn't practicing or playing.

Now hearing reports LL will sit vs LSU. Oh, and he has to pay 700K in taxes on the 650K he got from LSU.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-12-2017, 09:12 PM
The NCAA has no subpoena power, so they understand the importance of using immunity. If they screw it up, no player from any school will ever cooperate again.

This NCAA is way more concerned with coaches illegally recruiting or being involved with benefits to players, than they are players actually getting some illegal benefits.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-12-2017, 09:16 PM
And this wasn't a case of a college student driving a beat-up Buick to Covington and walking in alone and asking the front desk where the meeting room is. Leo had professional representation and they had discussed the types of questions that might be asked. Leo was prepared to face the COI.

Reason2succeed
09-12-2017, 09:19 PM
I wonder if now that this is no longer hanging over his head will he flash more in games? If his production increases our defense will really be scary.

RougeDawg
09-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Why was any word needed? It's been known, for months, from Keenum to south farm horse counter, that Leo is and will always be cleared to play.

In other news, water is wet and Bucky is no longer OM snake oil salesman.

biggun
09-12-2017, 10:36 PM
From the Ole Miss side: Neil McCready is reporting that sources told him that the COI was very rough on Leo on Monday and that he had to come back on Tuesday to answer even more questions.

McCready also reported tonight that his source picked up a very positive vibe from the Ole Miss contingent as they checked out of the Embassy Suites earlier tonight before flying back to Oxford. They were tight lipped but the "vibe" was good.

Whatever.

mstatefan91
09-12-2017, 10:39 PM
From the Ole Miss side: Neil McCready is reporting that sources told him that the COI was very rough on Leo on Monday and that he had to come back on Tuesday to answer even more questions.

McCready also reported tonight that his source picked up a very positive vibe from the Ole Miss contingent as they checked out of the Embassy Suites earlier tonight before flying back to Oxford. They were tight lipped but the "vibe" was good.

Whatever.

Serious question. Leo went to Covington yesterday to answer questions, came back to Starkville for practice and class this morning and then went back to Covington today?

Not only that but the COI was rough on him and we know this even though nobody will comment as stated by "Not a fan" himself?

That's a lot to swallow

mstatefan91
09-12-2017, 10:45 PM
Bama goose on Twitter posted this "Not a fan" screenshot

https://twitter.com/bamagoose525/status/907797331755589633

TrapGame
09-12-2017, 11:01 PM
So Neil, through his "sources", knows exactly what went on behind closed doors between a very small group of people who have been very tight-lipped about this whole thing. And they think Rosebowl is an idiot.

I'm gonna start calling this m'fer Jon Snow cause he knows nothing.

Commercecomet24
09-12-2017, 11:07 PM
Mcready gave himself away. When has he or his sources ever been tight lipped about anything? That tells you right there it's bad. When the best they can come up with is a "good vibe" that tells me all I need to know. They're screwed and they know it.

BeardoMSU
09-12-2017, 11:07 PM
Lurkers be like...

https://media.giphy.com/media/bBRjIW001tjLG/200.gif

Todd4State
09-13-2017, 12:29 AM
Why was any word needed? It's been known, for months, from Keenum to south farm horse counter, that Leo is and will always be cleared to play.

In other news, water is wet and Bucky is no longer OM snake oil salesman.

I think it was just the NCAA CTA in case Ole Miss tries to sue them for collusion.

mstatefan91
09-13-2017, 12:37 AM
I think it was just the NCAA CTA in case Ole Miss tries to sue them for collusion.

Please let them try to sue the NCAA. Please

rcsteph1
09-13-2017, 06:22 AM
Now hearing reports LL will sit vs LSU. Oh, and he has to pay 700K in taxes on the 650K he got from LSU.

Word on the street is since he was paid 650,000 by LSU is that he will actually suit up for them and play against the good guys.

Jack Lambert
09-13-2017, 07:22 AM
The NCAA has no subpoena power, so they understand the importance of using immunity. If they screw it up, no player from any school will ever cooperate again.

This NCAA is way more concerned with coaches illegally recruiting or being involved with benefits to players, than they are players actually getting some illegal benefits.

The coaches and boosters are the adults. What does a low income 17 year old going to think and do when one of them comes knocking with a bag of money. The NCAA isn't stupid.

biggun
09-13-2017, 11:47 AM
McCready thinks he is "the man" in that he self proclaims to be "not a fan" and also states that outside of Ole Miss football (his job), he rarely, if ever, watches college football on TV. Yet he is everywhere giving his DA opinion on all things college football. He is a typical Ole Miss POS!

Turfdawg67
09-13-2017, 02:18 PM
Someone should screenshot Not a Fan's comment and tweet it to the NCAA. These 17ers will never, EVER learn. It's over Neil, stop sucking up to the last of your readers!