PDA

View Full Version : COI is over.

starkvegasdawg
09-12-2017, 05:35 PM
Being reported now everybody has packed up their marbles and gone home.

Reason2succeed
09-12-2017, 05:41 PM
That's not good for OM. Sounds like it was pretty cut and dry. Deliberation and arguing is time consuming. Finishing this quick means that everyone agreed with the investigators. They're 17d!!!!

TrapGame
09-12-2017, 05:49 PM
It sounds like the COI stopped them this afternoon and said we're done. They're screwed.

lefty96
09-12-2017, 05:51 PM
That's not good for OM. Sounds like it was pretty cut and dry. Deliberation and arguing is time consuming. Finishing this quick means that everyone agreed with the investigators. They're 17d!!!!

Isn't that what will be done between now and November? Serious question.

msbulldog
09-12-2017, 05:59 PM

Yep, at first when I started reading this thread I was thinking that possibly the threw some of the charges out. I thought about that and came to the conclusion that give the number of people sitting on the committee and their diversity, that there would be a tremendous amount of debate about dismissing charges which would lead to a much longer time.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-12-2017, 06:00 PM
I don't think the fact that it took 2 days tells us anything positive or negative. It's just part of the process.

Reason2succeed
09-12-2017, 06:07 PM
Isn't that what will be done between now and November? Serious question.

What I'm saying is that if the COI doubted or had many questions about the investigators' process then it would have likely taken more time. Didn't they allot three days according to the leak?

It sounds to me like Leo was in and out as planned as well as anyone else.

Remember how much stuff is in there. I don't know if I could sit and read all of that in two days by myself let alone analyze it. This makes me think the COI is accepting the finding carte blanc.

Lord McBuckethead
09-12-2017, 06:08 PM
Being reported now everybody has packed up their marbles and gone home.

Based on the allegations known, two days of arguments, approx 16 hours of meeting is not clearing that much crap up. Well you could say they were only discussing 7 items, but still. It is going to be a he said / she said and the NCAA has collaborating evidence that hasn't been washed by UM.

People assume that this is like a court case where you can convince the jury there is reasonable doubt. In reality the coi has already established the allogations. The coi is just to try to convince them you have punished yourselves enough. Which based on the published matrix, they haven't.

Liverpooldawg
09-12-2017, 06:08 PM
Do we need to start rueing yet?

3rdGen
09-12-2017, 06:14 PM
Do we need to start ruling yet?

Hahahahahah!

mstatefan91
09-12-2017, 06:18 PM
Rue!!!

But really from what I understand the COI goes off on their own and deliberates, forms their consensus and then let's the school know.

It being 2 instead of 3 days likely means absolutely nothing except that they got through some items more quickly than they thought they would as far as asking questions.

somebodyshotmypaw
09-12-2017, 06:23 PM
Some of the allegations probably went very quickly because Ole Miss has already pled guilty to them. Ole Miss has admitted to many of the charges, which is a point missed by the Ole Miss fans who think the whole thing is about Leo.

GreenheadDawg
09-12-2017, 06:27 PM
I do find it odd that none of the admin guys in the know have commented yet. RP, IYOK, ISID, beast etc.

TrapGame
09-12-2017, 06:33 PM
The COI could have gone into day three with more of the ole miss rebuttal to allegations. They opted not to. They wrapped up and they wrapped up early this pm, per H2H, which tells me either om just had a short rebuttal to the most severe allegations or the COI cut them off and said we're done.

Saltydog
09-12-2017, 06:38 PM
NT

Political Hack
09-12-2017, 08:01 PM
This is good news for the Rebels. The case was so straight forward with so few allegations they got in and out very quickly.

Reason2succeed
09-12-2017, 08:01 PM
I'm no lawyer but wouldn't it be in OM interest to create as much doubt as possible. If the COI was really buying any of their spin it would likely have created new conversations. Like all of us I feel that everything is pointing toward a heavy hammer falling on OM.

Personally, I'm not "rueing" out a DP.

Kyper
09-12-2017, 08:08 PM
I don't think the fact that it took 2 days tells us anything positive or negative. It's just part of the process.

100% disagree.

When people contest and lots of arguments commence- that is time consuming. The committee even expected it to be a 3 day affair as they blocked off that much time. For it to be wrapped in 2 days it shows that there really wasn't as much back and forth as anticipated. Sounds like Ole Miss didn't gain much ground these 2 days

mstatefan91
09-12-2017, 08:13 PM
100% disagree.

When people contest and lots of arguments commence- that is time consuming. The committee even expected it to be a 3 day affair as they blocked off that much time. For it to be wrapped in 2 days it shows that there really wasn't as much back and forth as anticipated. Sounds like Ole Miss didn't gain much ground these 2 days
COI meeting usually takes one day. The fact that this was 2 tells you how much there was to discuss. I don't think this was considered quick by any of the parties involved.

Reason2succeed
09-12-2017, 08:16 PM
COI meeting usually takes one day. The fact that this was 2 tells you how much there was to discuss. I don't think this was considered quick by any of the parties involved.

How many cases have had 21 allegations before?

Kyper
09-12-2017, 08:23 PM

OM set a record for violations though

mstatefan91
09-12-2017, 08:27 PM
OM set a record for violations though

Yes but that doesn't mean that 2 days was very quick. COI never meets for full 2 days. 3 would have been insane.

I get your point. I just wouldn't infer anything from it as far as what penalties to expect and what violations are upheld or rejected.

JoseBrown
09-12-2017, 08:31 PM
I wonder if they tried altering their defense at all or if they could vary off the book they wrote defending Freeze's character and integrity. If only to add the terms "butt-dial" or "poon hound" or "Tiger Woods sex addict" to their defense of Freeze's FTM allegation?

somebodyshotmypaw
09-12-2017, 08:32 PM
100% disagree.

What I'm saying is this. I don't think 1, 2, or 3 days really tells me they are screwed or not. It's the allegations that tell me they are screwed. It could have lasted an hour, or it could have lasted two weeks. The bottom line is that they have some serious charges that are backed up with hard evidence. Heck, something as simple as Freeze going to a recruit's house where Walter Hughes was present is damning. It sounds minor, but it is damning. The facts are the problem. Not the length of time the committee met.

Pollodawg
09-12-2017, 08:35 PM
Steve said it would wrap today.

Spiderman
09-12-2017, 08:39 PM

Yep, very reasonable thought

Noxdog
09-12-2017, 09:05 PM
I do find it odd that none of the admin guys in the know have commented yet. RP, IYOK, ISID, beast etc.

Have posted much in a while. RP, I understand.

Does not mean anything, though.

I seen it dawg
09-12-2017, 09:19 PM
Shitbirds got ****ed

Commercecomet24
09-12-2017, 09:24 PM
Shitbirds got ****ed

Thank you! Good to hear from you!

mstatefan91
09-12-2017, 09:27 PM
Shitbirds got ****ed

But did you seen it?

Odds that Godfrey releases a story before Saturday with "sources"?

I'm waiting on the spin. That's when it gets fun.