PDA

View Full Version : Is "The Investigation" over? Tunsil Housing Issue

KB549
09-12-2017, 02:26 PM
Maybe this has been discussed in detail before. If so, sorry.

When Tunsil and Miller had their altercation, the court filings showed the address of Miller and Tunsil's mom. Back tracking that address through the county property records yielded some interesting results. The house was owned by a guy who had a LinkedIn profile that showed he once worked as a lawyer in the compliance dept at UNM.

If a bunch of dumb hicks like us can find that info, surely the NCAA investigators found it. Regardless, I always found it very odd that nothing related to draft night was in the amended NOA. I have yet to find where the Opportunity Fund includes money for mom's home utilities. Wasn't Tunsil living in athletic housing? I wonder if the investigators were so amazed at how sloppy the Bears were that they decided to let them hang themselves. Pop them with the amended NOA, having give them ample opportunity to self report any Tunsil related stuff. Hit them with another NOA in December and put the nail in the coffin.

Of course it is also possible Miller is smart enough to know admitting to free housing that he didn't report on his IRS filings could come back to bite him.

The real question is "Is there an active, ongoing investigation?"

Dawgology
09-12-2017, 02:29 PM
Maybe this has been discussed in detail before. If so, sorry.

When Tunsil and Miller had their altercation, the court filings showed the address of Miller and Tunsil's mom. Back tracking that address through the county property records yielded some interesting results. The house was owned by a guy who had a LinkedIn profile that showed he once worked as a lawyer in the compliance dept at UNM.

If a bunch of dumb hicks like us can find that info, surely the NCAA investigators found it. Regardless, I always found it very odd that nothing related to draft night was in the amended NOA. I have yet to find where the Opportunity Fund includes money for mom's home utilities. Wasn't Tunsil living in athletic housing? I wonder if the investigators were so amazed at how sloppy the Bears were that they decided to let them hang themselves. Pop them with the amended NOA, having give them ample opportunity to self report any Tunsil related stuff. Hit them with another NOA in December and put the nail in the coffin.

Of course it is also possible Miller is smart enough to know admitting to free housing that he didn't report on his IRS filings could come back to bite him.

The real question is "Is there an active, ongoing investigation?"

All of my Ole Miss sources say the investigation is over....so it must be over. right?

Martianlander
09-12-2017, 02:31 PM
I believe there is. They had to have a cutoff somewhere. Another NOA would definitely mean repeat offender. That's why I think the death penalty is on the table.

thf24
09-12-2017, 02:40 PM
No telling if the investigation is still going or not, but the reason there isn't anything about draft night thus far is that, after the Miami fiasco, the NCAA isn't putting anything in a NOA it hasn't corroborated. That's the main factor that makes the Bears' claims that Leo is lying and untrustworthy so idiotic.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
09-12-2017, 02:45 PM
Well one things is for sure, the personal injury case against Freeze and Co. is still active: http://www.deltacomputersystems.com/cgi-mcr4/mcmcgi02?HTMCNTY=LYCC&HTMBASE=C&HTMKEY=0011803&

Mimi's Babies
09-12-2017, 02:49 PM
There is much to the story about that house.

Spiderman
09-12-2017, 03:00 PM
There is much to the story about that house.

Yes there is, including a violation that is public record in the Miller vs Tunsil court case. Under oath mama Tunsil admits calling the football office for help moving. They sent a truck and 2 GA's to move her. One being Wilbanks, who is still in the Football offices.

Mimi's Babies
09-12-2017, 03:03 PM
Yes there is, including a violation that is public record in the Miller vs Tunsil court case. Under oath mama Tunsil admits calling the football office for help moving. They sent a truck and 2 GA's to move her. One being Wilbanks, who is still in the Football offices.

There's more to how the house was paid for.

Spiderman
09-12-2017, 03:19 PM
There's more to how the house was paid for.

Probably so, but the other is already public record, the NCAA wouldn't even have to investigate it. Just get the transcript of the proceeding. It shows also that anything Tunsil needed, all they had to do was call the Football office, ie Hugh Freeze

Uncivilengineer
09-12-2017, 03:25 PM
I am the one that "investigated" the Tunsil House. This is my post.
http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?52216-Tunsil-s-Mothers-House

If I can find this out the NCAA has to know.

JoseBrown
09-12-2017, 04:35 PM
No telling if the investigation is still going or not, but the reason there isn't anything about draft night thus far is that, after the Miami fiasco, the NCAA isn't putting anything in a NOA it hasn't corroborated. That's the main factor that makes the Bears' claims that Leo is lying and untrustworthy so idiotic.

That's very true, and Tunsil left the NCAA team he was playing for after draft night. That took away any leverage the NCAA had to use against him. So they couldn't get an interview with him to corroborate anything.

KB549
09-12-2017, 04:47 PM
Miller was willing to talk and apparently said a lot of the number of hours reported that he gave interviews to investigators is true. They don't need to have any leverage on Tunsil as long as MILLER will/did cooberate.

Turfdawg67
09-12-2017, 05:50 PM
This is old news... much like the small town bank, Scarbrough, Tunsil's draft night admissions, Nkimdeche's dad's check, Treadwell's Instagram post; AJ's car, the house on the coast, etc... I'm sure it ALL happened and the NCAA is probably aware of it all too, but they couldn't PROVE any of it. Investigation is over and OM is going to get hammered into oblivion!!

Leroy Jenkins
09-12-2017, 06:32 PM
Investigation is over and OM is going to get hammered into dog shit!!

FIFY