PDA

View Full Version : Boy... The Auburn Fan Base Done Freaked Out

ShotgunDawg
09-12-2017, 09:22 AM
http://gridironnow.com/auburn-fans-feel-lied-to-no-longer-trust-gus-malzahn/

Article is basically a rant about how they've been lied too & no longer trust Malzahn.

My question is: who lied to you?

Your media fan boys that pump up every player you beyond their ability?

The truth is that you have a below average QB developer coaching your team & his offense only works with a true duel threat QB.

Blame him for not recruiting a real duel threat QB & instead chasing stars or hype.

Pollodawg
09-12-2017, 09:31 AM
Preach.

TrapGame
09-12-2017, 09:32 AM
Stidham for Heisman!***

Jack Lambert
09-12-2017, 09:35 AM
Stidham for Heisman!***

Clemson ended The Summer of Stidham much like they did The Summer of Jeremy Johnson.

I would be willing to bet V cash that White is back at the starting position before the end of the season.

TrapGame
09-12-2017, 09:37 AM
Clemson ended The Summer of Stidham much like they did The Summer of Jeremy Johnson.

I would be willing to bet V cash that White is back at the starting position before the end of the season.

Hell Jack, probably by our game. Stidham can't handle a competent defense. This ain't the Big12.

Bubb Rubb
09-12-2017, 09:40 AM

Article is basically a rant about how they've been lied too & no longer trust Malzahn.

The truth is that you have a below average QB developer coaching your team & his offense only works with a true duel threat QB.

Blame him for not recruiting a real duel threat QB & instead chasing stars or hype.

Delusion.

They lost by 8 on the road against the defending national champions.

Auburn fans need a serious reality check.

RiverCityDawg
09-12-2017, 09:46 AM
Their main complaint is that they wanted Gus to turn over the offense and play calling, were told that's what happened, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

I agree that they drank their own koolaid about Stidham, but bigger than that they are pissed about the scheme/play-calling.

My thing is, why would you have a head coach who is supposed to be offensive minded but you think he can't coach offense? He's a dead man walking, right behind Sumlin and Butch Jones. It's when, not if.

ShotgunDawg
09-12-2017, 09:53 AM
Their main complaint is that they wanted Gus to turn over the offense and play calling, were told that's what happened, but it doesn't appear to be the case.

I agree that they drank their own koolaid about Stidham, but bigger than that they are pissed about the scheme/play-calling.

My thing is, why would you have a head coach who is supposed to be offensive minded but you think he can't coach offense? He's a dead man walking, right behind Sumlin and Butch Jones. It's when, not if.

How exotic can you get with play calling when you give up 11 sacks?

Seems like that fact alone would limit the options.

Commercecomet24
09-12-2017, 10:04 AM
Hell Jack, probably by our game. Stidham can't handle a competent defense. This ain't the Big12.

This! Stidham was used to the 7 on 7 that is the big12

missouridawg
09-12-2017, 10:30 AM
Duel - when 2 people fight

Dual - consisting of 2 parts or attributes

Your post is good though. There is no better PR machine than the "Auburn QB is a pre season Heisman contender" machine. It is undefeated.

And Gus can coach offense with anyone. But he can't develop talent for shit. A graduate of the Hugh Freeze school of coaching.

Cooterpoot
09-12-2017, 10:34 AM
They faced one of the three best defensive fronts in the country. Auburn has a perception problem. They're a top 20 program but they aren't AL.

RiverCityDawg
09-12-2017, 10:39 AM
How exotic can you get with play calling when you give up 11 sacks?

Seems like that fact alone would limit the options.

They attribute the sacks in large part to getting yourself into predictable passing situations with bad play calling and then only looking deep, causing the QB to hold the ball too long. I don't agree it's that simple... I give the Clemson defense (both talent and coaching) more credit and also think the Auburn offensive talent is overrated.

A lot of football fans automatically blame play calling when the offense struggles because they don't really understand the game or at least the "inside game" with regards to overall strategy, personnel and matchups. I think that's some of what we're seeing with that fan base. I live in Birmingham, so I get a full dose of complaining whenever the Gus Bus veers off the road.

bulldawg28
09-12-2017, 10:43 AM
Two told me this morning they want Mullen.

TrapGame
09-12-2017, 10:45 AM
There was some talk on SECN by Chizik that the AU coaches need to get into Stidham's head ASAP before the 11 sacks makes him a headcase every Saturday.

LockeDawg
09-12-2017, 10:47 AM
They faced one of the three best defensive fronts in the country. Auburn has a perception problem. They're a top 20 program but they aren't AL.

+1
Auburn fans "think" they are an elite SEC program, when in reality they are a 7-5/8-4 type team with the occasional great season. Gus is an average coach just like their program has been for their entire existence.

Those fans will forget all about that Clemson loss in a few weeks if they manage to go on a 3-1/4-0 winning stretch over the next few weeks. All will be forgiven and they'll get back to the boasting and crowing. It happens every year.

Token Bammer
09-12-2017, 10:56 AM
*U is second all-time on the pre-season national championship list with infinity. The only team with more is UGA with infinity x infinity.

Ari Gold
09-12-2017, 10:56 AM
Gus is a glorified high school coach
Stidham doesn't fit the system
And I wouldn't trade our WR core for theirs.

TUSK
09-12-2017, 10:57 AM
Yep, they are flaking out... mostly bc of an inept offense. Fortunately, for them (Stidham), they won't another DL like that til the Iron Bowl.

Stidham's too slow, as well.

LockeDawg
09-12-2017, 11:01 AM
They're carrying on like they've been lied to and that Gus was calling all the plays during that game. They called like 42 pass plays vs 24 run plays....That kind of play calling is NOT Malzhan. Which means their new OC may be in over his head in this league too.

ShotgunDawg
09-12-2017, 11:02 AM
Two told me this morning they want Mullen.

Oh... because he's shown he can score on Bama *

What Auburn needs to do is shell out about $6 mil for Gundy

Commercecomet24
09-12-2017, 11:06 AM
Yep, they are flaking out... mostly bc of an inept offense. Fortunately, for them (Stidham), they won't another DL like that til the Iron Bowl.

Stidham's too slow, as well.

I think you meant to say until they face States dl.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-12-2017, 11:14 AM

^^ This

TUSK
09-12-2017, 11:20 AM

I'm sure yalls DL is good, but both those D lines I saw in the Clemson/AU were ungodly... much like the FSU/Bammer game.

TrapGame
09-12-2017, 11:25 AM
Oh... because he's shown he can score on Bama *

What Auburn needs to do is shell out about $6 mil for Gundy

Cause he's a man! He's 50!

TrapGame
09-12-2017, 11:27 AM
I'm sure yalls DL is good, but both those D lines I saw in the Clemson/AU were ungodly... much like the FSU/Bammer game.

If Clemson got 11 sacks we'll get at least 4. Stidham is in way over his talent level at AU. Gus has screwed the pooch again.

Commercecomet24
09-12-2017, 11:50 AM

I knew that would get you lol
Yeah we not quite there yet but on the upswing for sure.

TUSK
09-12-2017, 11:59 AM
I knew that would get you lol
Yeah we not quite there yet but on the upswing for sure.

I was thiiiiiiiiiiis close from goin' from "passive" to "aggressive".....

Commercecomet24
09-12-2017, 12:01 PM
I was thiiiiiiiiiiis close from goin' from "passive" to "aggressive".....

Now that's funny!

Remember what I said about people taking themselves to seriously lol

Leroy Jenkins
09-12-2017, 12:03 PM

This thread is like fun with homophones.

Duel-Dual
Core-Corps

TrapGame
09-12-2017, 12:21 PM
This thread is like fun with homophones.

https://media.tenor.com/images/c4401c71f3a5cb9ebf3b82e6ba47660a/tenor.gif

msbulldog
09-12-2017, 12:21 PM
They attribute the sacks in large part to getting yourself into predictable passing situations with bad play calling and then only looking deep, causing the QB to hold the ball too long. I don't agree it's that simple... I give the Clemson defense (both talent and coaching) more credit and also think the Auburn offensive talent is overrated.

A lot of football fans automatically blame play calling when the offense struggles because they don't really understand the game or at least the "inside game" with regards to overall strategy, personnel and matchups. I think that's some of what we're seeing with that fan base. I live in Birmingham, so I get a full dose of complaining whenever the Gus Bus veers off the road.

With a handle like River City Dawg, I figured you for a Vicksburg person.

msbulldog
09-12-2017, 12:24 PM

Damn Ari that's bad when YOU say that.

Commercecomet24
09-12-2017, 12:40 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/c4401c71f3a5cb9ebf3b82e6ba47660a/tenor.gif

Rep given

QuadrupleOption
09-12-2017, 01:25 PM

Malzahn is Hugh Freeze with less sanctimony and less hookers.

Both those guys rely on good athletes making plays in a gimmick offense and can't develop players worth a shit.

Commercecomet24
09-12-2017, 02:37 PM

Both those guys rely on good athletes making plays in a gimmick offense and can't develop players worth a shit.

I'd have to say....yeah

Turfdawg67
09-12-2017, 06:08 PM
They're carrying on like they've been lied to and that Gus was calling all the plays during that game. They called like 42 pass plays vs 24 run plays....That kind of play calling is NOT Malzhan. Which means their new OC may be in over his head in this league too.

He's the head coach, it's all Malzahn

Reason2succeed
09-12-2017, 06:23 PM

I think that because both of the game from HS they never learned to teach at the college or pro level. They are experts at drawing up crafty plays that are easy for simple minded players to remember but the Can't develop guys like Mullen's staff can and has to. That's why Jeffrey Simmons will be that much more of a beast. He is naturally talented and will be coached well.

msbulldog
09-12-2017, 06:43 PM
I think that because both of the game from HS they never learned to teach at the college or pro level. They are experts at drawing up crafty plays that are easy for simple minded players to remember but the Can't develop guys like Mullen's staff can and has to. That's why Jeffrey Simmons will be that much more of a beast. He is naturally talented and will be coached well.

Spot on, that's it! Rep given