PDA

View Full Version : Andy Cannizaro

drummerdawg
09-11-2017, 09:14 PM
If you're not following him on twitter, you should be. You'd think he's been a State fan since birth by his tweets. I can't help but like the guy.

Harrydawg
09-11-2017, 09:23 PM
I agree and boy he is killing it on the recruiting trail........this guy is special.

BrunswickDawg
09-11-2017, 09:25 PM
His almost daily batting practice videos with his son are gold. Kid has some pop in his bat!

Commercecomet24
09-11-2017, 09:29 PM
Cann IS the man!

state66
09-11-2017, 11:34 PM
Tweeted that hes got "some real dudes" on campus for the LSU game. Haha I think hes brining in some more highly touted guys.

Todd4State
09-11-2017, 11:43 PM
Tweeted that hes got "some real dudes" on campus for the LSU game. Haha I think hes brining in some more highly touted guys.

Which means we're probably about to get some commits soon. Our 2019 baseball class is starting to look pretty sick. We're about to enter a golden age of MSU baseball that is going to be much better than the 80's-90's. We may take some lumps this year just because we're going to be on the road a lot because of stadium construction- but by 2019 it's going to be firing on all cylinders as that team won't have to deal with the weirdness of the 2017-2018 seasons with the coaching change, multiple injuries hopefully, and stadium construction. And the 2019 team will be mostly Cann recruits at that point and while they will be relatively young for the most part I think we'll see impact a lot sooner than we typically did from Cohen's recruits.

I suggest everyone become familiar with Omaha and start taking out second mortgages on your trailers because we're going to be spending a lot more time there in the future.

Commercecomet24
09-11-2017, 11:51 PM
Which means we're probably about to get some commits soon. Our 2019 baseball class is starting to look pretty sick. We're about to enter a golden age of MSU baseball that is going to be much better than the 80's-90's. We may take some lumps this year just because we're going to be on the road a lot because of stadium construction- but by 2019 it's going to be firing on all cylinders as that team won't have to deal with the weirdness of the 2017-2018 seasons with the coaching change, multiple injuries hopefully, and stadium construction. And the 2019 team will be mostly Cann recruits at that point and while they will be relatively young for the most part I think we'll see impact a lot sooner than we typically did from Cohen's recruits.

I suggest everyone become familiar with Omaha and start taking out second mortgages on your trailers because we're going to be spending a lot more time there in the future.

Absolute spot on! People need to be patient this coming year and not panic. Gotta look long term here because Cann is not only gonna get the best mississippi guys he's gonna get national elite guys as well. Todd said it right, get used to Omaha!

Bothrops
09-12-2017, 02:24 AM
He's gonna make LSU fans want to shoot themselves some day.

anubus
09-12-2017, 03:58 AM
Tulane board is already pissed they didn't hire him.

BulldogtheMS
09-12-2017, 07:44 AM
The dude took us to a super with 1 pitcher.... basically
The lack of home field advantage makes me think this group will have a better head on them later in the season. Should pitching step up we have a chance to be hard to deal with this year as well.

Todd4State
09-12-2017, 07:51 AM
Tulane board is already pissed they didn't hire him.

That's going to go down as one of the biggest gaffes in Tulane baseball history. I can't figure out why they didn't unless Manieri just bad mouthed him during the search or they were afraid that he was going to leave for a SEC job anyway.

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-12-2017, 08:11 AM
I've been following MSU baseball since the mid 70's. As excited now as I have ever been at any point, and there have been some really, really high points. Can't wait to walk in that stadium for the first time and sit in that seat for the first time.

Now, we just need to convince the sec to let the schools choose two home weekends to play doubleheader's. That would give you 6 three day weekends, 3 home, 3 away, as we have now, and 4 two day weekends, 2 home, 2 away.

Would love to have 2 weekends per year to have doubleheader's.

Also saw something where we will not have any turf on the field. Supposedly all grass. With the new drainage system and less foul territory, evidently will be able to have grass. I hope that is correct.

Commercecomet24
09-12-2017, 08:15 AM
The dude took us to a super with 1 pitcher.... basically
The lack of home field advantage makes me think this group will have a better head on them later in the season. Should pitching step up we have a chance to be hard to deal with this year as well.

THIS. What he did this past season was a minor miracle.

AusTexDawg
09-12-2017, 10:08 AM
That's going to go down as one of the biggest gaffes in Tulane baseball history. I can't figure out why they didn't unless Manieri just bad mouthed him during the search or they were afraid that he was going to leave for a SEC job anyway.

I didn't know LT was doing consulting work for the Tulane athletic department - why hire someone good if they're not going to stay forever?***

biscuit
09-12-2017, 11:26 AM
Andy Cann is the real deal... We are about to be back at the top where we should be