PDA

View Full Version : Will the Georgia game kickoff time be announced today?

BulldogBear
09-11-2017, 11:13 AM
...as well as ACC games?

I'm going to the UGA game and have already bought tickets. But am interested in trying for the elusive two games in one day including Pitt @ GT. This means one will have to be an early game and the other no earlier 700 EDT. And the later the better.

Jack Lambert
09-11-2017, 11:16 AM
...as well as ACC games?

I'm going to the UGA game and have already bought tickets. But am interested in trying for the elusive two games in one day including Pitt @ GT. This means one will have to be an early game and the other no earlier 700 EDT. And the later the better.

Does the Falcons play at home Sunday. Maybe you can get a hat trick. You could do some bragging if you could make it happen.

Bass Chaser
09-11-2017, 11:46 AM
6 on ESPN

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2017, 11:58 AM
Wtf is CBS thinking?

Alabama @ Vandy as the 2:30 game?

Good gracious the Crimson Broadcasting Network has taken it a little far.

That'll be a 35-3 game that no one will tune into after half time.

shoeless joe
09-11-2017, 12:04 PM
Wtf is CBS thinking?

Alabama @ Vandy as the 2:30 game?

Good gracious the Crimson Broadcasting Network has taken it a little far.

That'll be a 35-3 game that no one will tune into after half time.

I believe every team has to have the 230 slot at least once a year...or maybe once every 2 years. so they figure if they gotta have vandy then might as well make it against bama.

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2017, 12:08 PM
I believe every team has to have the 230 slot at least once a year...or maybe once every 2 years. so they figure if they gotta have vandy then might as well make it against bama.

Good point. Sheesh.

rcsteph1
09-11-2017, 12:13 PM
http://http://www.macon.com/sports/college/university-of-georgia/bulldogs-beat/uga-football/article172599036.html (http://www.macon.com/sports/college/university-of-georgia/bulldogs-beat/uga-football/article172599036.html)

Covercorner2
09-11-2017, 12:18 PM
...as well as ACC games?

You got it.

BulldogBear
09-11-2017, 03:48 PM

This is correct IIRC. I don't think it's a bad choice. It's early in the season and Vandy doesn't suck. In fact, if they beat K-State this weekend it'll be a battle of unbeatens with Bammer. And if you grew up in 70s or 80s you'll know that Alabama and Vandy used to play every season before we went to divisions. It may be too one sided to be rivalry but for younger folks information, this is a classic early season SEC matchup.

Does the Falcons play at home Sunday. Maybe you can get a hat trick. You could do some bragging if you could make it happen.

Nah, they're playing at Detroit. I like the way you think though Jack! If the cards fall right I might get that later in the season though. We're looking at going to the Texas A&M game at College Station which is centrally located to Waco, Austin, San Antonio, and Houston, which opens up a realm of double header possibilities during a football season with TAMU, Baylor, UTSA, Texas, Rice, and Houston. It so happens that when we go to TAMU, Baylor will be hosting Texas (I'd love to see this one!) and East Carolina is playing at Houston the same day. If that works out somehow it might also work to hit Tulsa @ SMU on Friday night for the hat trick.

You got it.

Woohoo! Already got my Pitt @ GT tickets for $35 each. Plus a parking pass that is maybe a monster punt from the stadium for $24. It puts us right on the interstate quickly after the game. I am slightly worried about getting to our seats at Sanford stadium on time because I don't really know what game traffic is like. I've heard getting in or out of Athens is difficult.

RocketDawg
09-11-2017, 04:10 PM
This is correct IIRC. I don't think it's a bad choice. It's early in the season and Vandy doesn't suck. In fact, if they beat K-State this weekend it'll be a battle of unbeatens with Bammer. And if you grew up in 70s or 80s you'll know that Alabama and Vandy used to play every season before we went to divisions. It may be too one sided to be rivalry but for younger folks information, this is a classic early season SEC matchup.

Nah, they're playing at Detroit. I like the way you think though Jack! If the cards fall right I might get that later in the season though. We're looking at going to the Texas A&M game at College Station which is centrally located to Waco, Austin, San Antonio, and Houston, which opens up a realm of double header possibilities during a football season with TAMU, Baylor, UTSA, Texas, Rice, and Houston. It so happens that when we go to TAMU, Baylor will be hosting Texas (I'd love to see this one!) and East Carolina is playing at Houston the same day. If that works out somehow it might also work to hit Tulsa @ SMU on Friday night for the hat trick.

Woohoo! Already got my Pitt @ GT tickets for $35 each. Plus a parking pass that is maybe a monster punt from the stadium for $24. It puts us right on the interstate quickly after the game. I am slightly worried about getting to our seats at Sanford stadium on time because I don't really know what game traffic is like. I've heard getting in or out of Athens is difficult.

What time is Ga Tech/Pitt? Even if it's a 12 E start time it'll be dicey getting there. The last time I drove from Athens to Atlanta it took about 7 hours (rainy, and the bridge was still out just inside 285). That was graduation day at Georgia, not 85000 football fans.

BrunswickDawg
09-11-2017, 04:15 PM
Since you will already be downtown, go south from Tech on I-75 and shoot out I-20 East to US 441 (Madison). You will be good traffic wise until Watkinsville, which is pretty close to Athens. The Athens Bypass will then shoot you almost straight to the stadium. There are a number of signs to help get you there.

Dallas_Dawg
09-11-2017, 04:20 PM
What are predictions on our game with Auburn start time? I have Gov't Mule tickets that night and am afraid it will be the night game

TrapGame
09-11-2017, 04:27 PM
What are predictions on our game with Auburn start time? I have Gov't Mule tickets that night and am afraid it will be the night game

If we beat LSU or Georgia it might be the 2:30 CBS game.

MetEdDawg
09-11-2017, 04:31 PM
If we beat LSU or Georgia it might be the 2:30 CBS game.

This. And I think we have a better shot if we beat UGA and lose to LSU than if we beat LSU and lose to UGA.

You've got UGA/UT that same weekend which probably has the best shot for CBS. But Bama/OM is also that weekend. You know the national networks love to talk about highly rated recruits. Add the trouble OM is in plus the recent Bama/OM history and you've got plenty to talk about in that game.

MarketingBully
09-11-2017, 05:34 PM
Vandy will get creamed by Kansas State.

BulldogBear
09-12-2017, 07:43 AM
Since you will already be downtown, go south from Tech on I-75 and shoot out I-20 East to US 441 (Madison). You will be good traffic wise until Watkinsville, which is pretty close to Athens. The Athens Bypass will then shoot you almost straight to the stadium. There are a number of signs to help get you there.

Thanks for the tip. I was gonna go north 85 to 78. Shortest route logic and stuff. I wouldn't have known what would be the longer yet chronologically shorter route.

BrunswickDawg
09-12-2017, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the tip. I was gonna go north 85 to 78. Shortest route logic and stuff. I wouldn't have known what would be the longer yet chronologically shorter route.

Both 78 and 316 are the main routes from Atlanta and north Georgia. Volume on those roads is heavy even when there isn't a game. Used to be a a real adventure when they were 2 lane roads!