PDA

View Full Version : Matt Wyatt Film Breakdown

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2017, 10:41 AM
Matt does a great job with these & I think this week's episode offers some insight to where to the LSU game could be decided.

The fact of the matter is that the LSU game could be decided 1. By who makes the least amount of mistakes & 2. By how Matt Canada schemes to help LSU true FR RG Saahdiq Charles stop the combination of Jeffrey Simmons & Sweat. Notice where these two guys lineup in Matt's video

If LSU is unable to block the combination of Simmons & Montez Sweat, it will be interesting to see if they can move the ball without a mobile QB to manipulate the pocket.

My personal opinion is that I expect both offensive lines to struggle Saturday night, but the difference is that Fitz has the legs to make something of nothing, while Etling does not. What turns into a sack for MSU against LSU's offense may turn into a 60 yard run for Fitz.

Enjoy!

https://www.facebook.com/RadioWyatt/videos/1965992970282533/

Jack Lambert
09-11-2017, 10:47 AM
Matt does a great job with these & I think this week's episode offers some insight to where to the LSU game could be decided.

The fact of the matter is that the LSU game could be decided 1. By who makes the least amount of mistakes & 2. By how Matt Canada schemes to help LSU true FR RG Saahdiq Charles stop the combination of Jeffrey Simmons & Sweat. Notice where these two guy lineup in Matt's video

If LSU is unable to block the combination of Simmons & Montez Sweat, it will be interesting to see if they can move the ball without a mobile QB to manipulate the pocket.

My personal opinion is that I expect both offensive lines to struggle Saturday night, but the difference is that Fitz has the legs to make something of nothing, while Etling does not. What turns into a sack for MSU against LSU's offense may turn into a 60 run for Fitz.

Enjoy!

I agree with your assessment.

Kyper
09-11-2017, 11:00 AM
Fitz had 13 yards on 13 carries last season vs LSU. Got to find a way to get him loose.

ScoobaDawg
09-11-2017, 11:00 AM
Good stuff.. thanks for posting it

Perpetual Underachiever
09-11-2017, 11:03 AM
Fantastic analysis by Wyatt. Great content and production.

TrapGame
09-11-2017, 11:07 AM

The fact of the matter is that the LSU game could be decided 1. By who makes the least amount of mistakes & 2. By how Matt Canada schemes to help LSU true FR RG Saahdiq Charles stop the combination of Jeffrey Simmons & Sweat. Notice where these two guys lineup in Matt's video

My personal opinion is that I expect both offensive lines to struggle Saturday night, but the difference is that Fitz has the legs to make something of nothing, while Etling does not. What turns into a sack for MSU against LSU's offense may turn into a 60 yard run for Fitz.

Enjoy!

Our defense has speed. It's gonna be interesting to see how many times our defense gets a good rush on Etling making him move around.

Brahmabull
09-11-2017, 11:12 AM
Charles did not play much this past Saturday.

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2017, 12:44 PM
Charles did not play much this past Saturday.

Who did they play in his place?

A less talented guy?

ShotgunDawg
09-11-2017, 03:12 PM
Watching LSU's game vs UT Chattanooga right now & here are some observations:

- LSU's kickoff guy has a big leg. Expect him to kick it out of the endzone on kickoffs

- #99 NG Gilmore is the key to the their DL & the war daddy to their 3/4. We'll have to deal with him. Early in the game UT Chattanooga blocked LSU's DL fairly well. Not much pressure

- Nick Tiano isn't very good

- LSU is thicker than us on the DL, but we are faster. Arden Key may change this, but LSU's DL appears more thick & strong thank quick & fast. This potentially bodes well for Reese & our OL.

- UT Chat took the opening kick off straight down the field & bogged down on 1st & goal. Really succeeded by running between the tackles & hitting quick routes in the flats.

- Etling is a little more mobile that I remember. Has Damien Williams type speed. Not a runner, but can scramble if left unattended.

- Etling throws an excellent deep ball. It's imperative that our safties guard against the play action bomb. LSU gets us on this play at least once a year.

- Under Matt Canada LSU is running the same offense they always have, but with more fakes, motion, & formations. Eye discipline is key this week

- UT Chat had 98 yards of total offense on their first two drives with LSU showing very little semblance of a pass rush.

- Etling love the play action deep post route & LSU has physical WRs that can go get it. We can't allow them to steal a score off this play. Simmons & Sweat need to get there & make them pay on this play.

- LSU was generally more physical on offense with Fournette than Guice. Guice is good, but he ain't Fournette.

Watched the 1st quarter & got bored with film study.

Overall, LSU is obviously a quality team with great athletes. My first impression though is that they aren't explosive as they have been in past years on both sides of the ball. The loss Fournette & Key not being 100% appears to have just made them a little less explosive with less play making ability than what we've seen in the past. They do appear better coached on offense as Canada has built a ton of eye candy into what they basically ran under less Myles.

It's gonna be a really good game. After watching them, I feel better about our ability to run the football & stop their running game. Their play action deep pass game scares the crap out of me, & we are going to have to scheme to open up our passing game.

jumbo
09-11-2017, 03:21 PM
Good breakdown, but 2 of his "shoutouts" actually appeared to be penalties that weren't called.

The first was on the long run by Aeris it looks to me like Rankin holds the DE

The second is when he highlights Gray blocking for Fitz when all he did was kind of push the La Tech guy in the back.