PDA

View Full Version : Week 2 Heisman trophy watch

Howboutdemdogs
09-11-2017, 10:29 AM
Fitzgerald is up to 40 to 1 this week. Ranked 13th on the Vegas list.

Three other SEC notables as comparison:
Hurts 25 to 1 Ranked 9
Guice 25 to 1 Ranked 10
Chubb 60 to 1 Ranked 17
Pettway 60 to 1 Ranked 18

Anonymous
09-11-2017, 10:32 AM
The Hurts odds are surprising to me, I just don't see any way he could possibly win it. Even if he has the stats, and he won't, Ridley will be the deserving candidate.

shoeless joe
09-11-2017, 11:41 AM
The Hurts odds are surprising to me, I just don't see any way he could possibly win it. Even if he has the stats, and he won't, Ridley will be the deserving candidate.

How many successful or even somewhat successful QBs has bama put in the NFL? Is it just because they don't HAVE to have a great QB to have success as a team?

parabrave
09-11-2017, 01:09 PM
What no Shea Shea? Actually with the numbers he has put up I am surprised he isn't listed.

Johnson85
09-11-2017, 01:24 PM

He's a 'star' offensive player for a national championship caliber team. That was the traditional qualification to win a heisman, so I see how it gets action.

But I agree with you that it doesn't seem possible that he will win it barring their offensive identify completely changing.