PDA

View Full Version : 1999

msstate7
09-10-2017, 05:50 PM
That's the last time we beat lsu in Starkville. 18 years ago... wow. We've had 2 shots ('09 and '15) at the end to beat lsu here since Mullen took over. It's time Mullen.

confucius say
09-10-2017, 08:41 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about this defense being the best since the 1999 defense.

msstate7
09-10-2017, 08:44 PM
I thought this thread was going to be about this defense being the best since the 1999 defense.

Hopefully they are and that allows us to get over the hump vs lsu

Reason2succeed
09-10-2017, 08:55 PM
I still remember that TD on the north end zone line. I'm still not sure he got across. Thank God they didn't have replay back then.

Liverpooldawg
09-10-2017, 09:09 PM
I still remember that TD on the north end zone line. I'm still not sure he got across. Thank God they didn't have replay back then.

The angle I had was not one I ever saw a film clip of, I was there. He was CLEARLY across it. Legit TD.

Liverpooldawg
09-10-2017, 09:12 PM
If we had had one of Mullen's offenses in 99 we would have won it all. If we had had the 99 D in 14 we would have won it all. We might have also won it all with the 99 D in 10 and 15'

RocketDawg
09-10-2017, 09:13 PM

Don't know about that one, but LSU won a game because there was no replay when their runner fumbled the ball about 5 yards before he crossed the goal line but was given a TD anyway.

Todd4State
09-10-2017, 09:13 PM

I don't think it would have been conclusive even if they had it. To me, it looked like he tripped and instead of going over the line like 99% of players he went under the line and to be honest he probably did get in. My guess is the two officials got to together saw Gibson in the end zone and had a discussion that went "Did you see him get in? No. I didn't either. But he's laying here in the end zone. Touchdown."

The only reason that this is up for debate is because that moron announcer Todd Christensen was so adamant that he didn't get in to the point where he was screaming like a girl- and yet there is no definitive video evidence that he didn't get in- and probably more evidence that he likely got in.

Liverpooldawg
09-10-2017, 09:18 PM
I don't think it would have been conclusive even if they had it. To me, it looked like he tripped and instead of going over the line like 99% of players he went under the line and to be honest he probably did get in. My guess is the two officials got to together saw Gibson in the end zone and had a discussion that went "Did you see him get in? No. I didn't either. But he's laying here in the end zone. Touchdown."

The only reason that this is up for debate is because that moron announcer Todd Christensen was so adamant that he didn't get in to the point where he was screaming like a girl- and yet there is no definitive video evidence that he didn't get in- and probably more evidence that he likely got in.
I know what I saw. He scored.

Todd4State
09-10-2017, 09:20 PM
I know what I saw. He scored.

I agree he got in. I was reasonably close to the play as well.

At any rate, the officials said he got in and that's all that counts.

Commercecomet24
09-10-2017, 09:21 PM
Gibson said in an interview one time he didn't get in. Said he bounced across the goal line but then he added he got hit in the head and his memory was kinda fuzzy lol

Leeshouldveflanked
09-10-2017, 09:22 PM
He got in the play before too....

Quaoarsking
09-10-2017, 09:24 PM
Even if he didn't get it, LSU had a TD the following year that was indisputably fumbled before the goal line, so we'd be even.

Commercecomet24
09-10-2017, 09:26 PM
Even if he didn't get it, LSU had a TD the following year that was indisputably fumbled before the goal line, so we'd be even.

Yep!!!