PDA

View Full Version : So you admit our OL is better than LSU's

Coach007
09-10-2017, 12:54 PM
That's great to read on this board. I agree, Our OL is better than LSU's.

BuckyIsAB****
09-10-2017, 12:56 PM
Considering they are already banged up I might would take ours. I do hope arden key doesnt play though it would be a big help

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2017, 01:09 PM
They've got to somehow block Simmons/Sweat/ Green etc. I'm not sure LSU has the line for that and Etling lacks the mobility to avoid.

Our biggest single advantage in this game may be that our QB is mobile and their's is not.

If we stuff Guice on first down, they are in trouble.

LSU will have to play action and throw on 1st down.

Kyper
09-10-2017, 01:11 PM
based on what?

We had one 1st half drive. We struggled to move the ball in the 1st half. Thank goodness the defense set us up with a couple of short drives and a blocked punt for a TD. Fitz struggled to complete a pass that wasn't sideways. It's going to be tough to move the ball Saturday with any consistency

msstate7
09-10-2017, 01:21 PM
based on what?

We had one 1st half drive. We struggled to move the ball in the 1st half. Thank goodness the defense set us up with a couple of short drives and a blocked punt for a TD. Fitz struggled to complete a pass that wasn't sideways. It's going to be tough to move the ball Saturday with any consistency

I'm not saying we're better, but let's compare rushing last night...

Lsu vs Chattanooga = 46 att 222 yds 4.8 per
Us vs la Tech = 40 att 327 yds 8.2 per

I don't know who will have the better line, but both have a liability on the line right now in their freshmen.

Coach007
09-10-2017, 01:21 PM
based on what?

That has what to do with the OL...

The fact is, LSU has allowed sacks on their QB to teams that are equal to the ones we played. Our numbers are better. Guice is only averaging 5.3 yards... Hill, Williams and Fitz is averaging way more.

Kyper
09-10-2017, 01:27 PM
LSU is going to lock up in man and commit the rest to the box. We will have to complete passes to beat LSU

msstate7
09-10-2017, 01:28 PM
LSU is going to lock up in man and commit the rest to the box. We will have to complete passes to beat LSU

And we'll do the same.

Loading the box and playing man is a recipe for fitz running HRs BTW. Hopefully it happens

Sacrifice
09-10-2017, 01:36 PM

This is what worries me. We're going to get done to us what OSU is getting done to them. We're gonna need some kind of down field passing game to compete with the better SEC teams

Commercecomet24
09-10-2017, 01:38 PM
You run our big TEs down the seam over and over and over.

msstate7
09-10-2017, 01:39 PM
This is what worries me. We're going to get done to us what OSU is getting done to them. We're gonna need some kind of down field passing game to compete with the better SEC teams

Barrett isn't even close to the big threat runner fitz is. Loading the box vs us can certainly stuff us, but it can also lead to 50 yard runs for fitz

Sacrifice
09-10-2017, 01:44 PM
Barrett isn't even close to the big threat runner fitz is. Loading the box vs us can certainly stuff us, but it can also lead to 50 yard runs for fitz

So you don't think hitting some shots down the field will help with our running game?

msstate7
09-10-2017, 01:47 PM
So you don't think hitting some shots down the field will help with our running game?

Absolutely it will.

I'm just saying loading the box isn't without dangers vs us even in the running game.

Dental Dawg33
09-10-2017, 01:50 PM
Hold Guice to 100 yards max, we win easily. Keep him out of the secondary.

mparkerfd20
09-10-2017, 01:52 PM
Yes, our OL is better and yes we will beat LSU. I'm usually one of them myself, but I am sick and tired of the negative Nancy's on this board that simply can't enjoy the fact that we have a pretty damn good team.

Kyper
09-10-2017, 01:56 PM
We are absolutely improved over last season. Nobody is debating that

IMissJack
09-10-2017, 01:58 PM
You run our big TEs down the seam over and over and over.

They will be blocking a lot of the time.

Coach007
09-10-2017, 02:06 PM
They will be blocking a lot of the time.

No... they will slip out. If they load the box To stop the run, those seams will beat them.

Commercecomet24
09-10-2017, 02:17 PM
No... they will slip out. If they load the box To stop the run, those seams will beat them.

Exactly! Thank you! That's exactly what you run to beat it! Those passes don't take long to develop so the protection won't have to hold forever and it loosens the middle. Seen that defeat that type of defense time and time again!

WinningIsRelentless
09-10-2017, 02:19 PM
Their is one simple personnel grouping that makes our ol a lot more effective blocking.

Most of our big plays this year has come from that grouping on the ground game.

Pollodawg
09-10-2017, 02:46 PM
we CAN beat LSU. But it's gonna be tough.

Goldendawg
09-10-2017, 02:57 PM
I think we can beat LSU if we contain Guise and make the QB beat us. I don't blame our OL players for our constant troubles and hope they don't read this board constantly bashing them as our weak link ( yes, I've been guilty as the rest, but plan to change and support the players and their hard work). I do however blame Hev and our lack of recruiting success in this area and his constantly having to shift players around, play them out of position, especially at center, and a lack of depth. We have a true center committed from Ga. and Dolla Bill coming in. Maybe things will be better. JMO.

Commercecomet24
09-10-2017, 03:04 PM
I think we can beat LSU if we contain Guise and make the QB beat us. I don't blame our OL players for our constant troubles and hope they don't read this board constantly bashing them as our weak link ( yes, I've been guilty as the rest, but plan to change and support the players and their hard work). I do however blame Hev and our lack of recruiting success in this area and his constantly having to shift players around, play them out of position, especially at center, and a lack of depth. We have a true center committed from Ga. and Dolla Bill coming in. Maybe things will be better. JMO.

That's a great post all the way around.

TheDawgBiscuit
09-10-2017, 04:28 PM
Reese is going to be brutalized. Our line was not a strength last night. And LSU defense is LSU defense. I am blown away how you guys think. I am traveling from Denver for this game but if we don't drastically improve Fitz may be running for his life

bulldawg28
09-10-2017, 05:15 PM

And when they do Fitz is going to have Dak' s rushing numbers from 2014 when he takes off.

CadaverDawg
09-10-2017, 05:35 PM

No, I do not admit that. Our OL is not better than LSU's in my opinion. Where is this coming from?

Kyper
09-10-2017, 07:47 PM
No, I do not admit that. Our OL is not better than LSU's in my opinion. Where is this coming from?

no idea. We are going to have a tough time Saturday. If we score 20 I'll be ecstatic

BB30
09-10-2017, 08:01 PM

I always love your positivity but our ol is still a liability. Fortunately our D seems to be much improved and will keep us in the game but fitz can't have a first qtr like he did this week if we want to win. He has to have a big game from start to finish and our WRs have to get better at creating some seperation. I know we will use the tes more but I'm still worried about our ol good news is we will know exactly what we have after this week.

TUSK
09-10-2017, 08:06 PM

That's what I was wonderin'...

tireddawg
09-10-2017, 08:08 PM
Reese is going to be brutalized. Our line was not a strength last night. And LSU defense is LSU defense. I am blown away how you guys think. I am traveling from Denver for this game but if we don't drastically improve Fitz may be running for his life

Our Oline is what it is but I think they bring their A game against LSU. I also believe Dan will scheme to help out the young fellow as he did last night. Dan knows where the weaknesses are and will scheme accordingly. LSU's ol isn't great. They may be just as worried about our dl as we are of theirs. The thing is advantage goes to State in the QB dept. We also have the rb's to wear their d down. Do they?

Coach007
09-10-2017, 08:18 PM

Based on current stats.

Coach007
09-10-2017, 08:23 PM
The teams each has played are very comparable.

Lsu allowed a few sacks. Their rushing attack is off. Guice averaged 7.6 last year... this year he is averaging barely over 5.

Our OL is blocking for our rbs and Fitz. We have Hill averaging 6.5, Williams at 7.8, Fitz at 8.3. We have allowed no sacks.

BB30
09-10-2017, 08:27 PM

Lsu allowed a few sacks. Their rushing attack is off. Guice averaged 7.6 last year... this year he is averaging barely over 5.

Our OL is blocking for our rbs and Fitz. We have Hill averaging 6.5, Williams at 7.8, Fitz at 8.3. We have allowed no sacks.

What do you think the score of the game will be?

msstate7
09-10-2017, 08:31 PM

It's incredibly too early to make any definitive judgements on stats, but I do find guice rushing yards per attempt interesting...

'15 = 8.55 in 12 games
'16 = 7.58 in 12 games
'17 = 5.33 in 2 games (worst opp lsu will face)

Coach007
09-10-2017, 08:33 PM
31-17 Dawgs

Coach007
09-10-2017, 08:38 PM
It's incredibly too early to make any definitive judgements on stats, but I do find guice rushing yards per attempt interesting...

'15 = 8.55 in 12 games
'16 = 7.58 in 12 games

Sure... but I made my point. Had we allowed sacks to these teams , we would declare the season a bust and Mullen fired.

The fact is, so far our OL has performed better than LSU... and nobody is suggesting the LSU ol is bad.

TUSK
09-10-2017, 08:43 PM

'15 = 8.55 in 12 games
'16 = 7.58 in 12 games

Yup... sample size is waaaaaay too small...

prolly need more "data points"*******

Kyper
09-10-2017, 09:06 PM
Our Oline is what it is but I think they bring their A game against LSU. I also believe Dan will scheme to help out the young fellow as he did last night. Dan knows where the weaknesses are and will scheme accordingly. LSU's ol isn't great. They may be just as worried about our dl as we are of theirs. The thing is advantage goes to State in the QB dept. We also have the rb's to wear their d down. Do they?

We have rushed for 99 yards combined the last 2 years vs LSU. Why didnt Mullen scheme accordingly then?

Kyper
09-10-2017, 09:07 PM
31-17 Dawgs

No way in hell we score 31 without a couple of defensive TD's. It's going to be a 20-14 type of game

BuckyIsAB****
09-10-2017, 09:08 PM
based on what?

We scored 36 points in the first half.

Coach007
09-10-2017, 09:14 PM
No way in hell we score 31 without a couple of defensive TD's. It's going to be a 20-14 type of game

We?? Lol

Kyper
09-10-2017, 09:17 PM
Yes We. Graduate of 1996

confucius say
09-10-2017, 09:30 PM
We scored 36 points in the first half.

And fitz was just named sec offensive player of the week by athlon. He completed 67% last night. 4 TD. His heisman odds have dropped from 100/1 to 40/1. He's damn good. The problem is everybody is comparing him to dak.

Commercecomet24
09-10-2017, 09:36 PM
And fitz was just named sec offensive player of the week by athlon. He completed 67% last night. 4 TD. His heisman odds have dropped from 100/1 to 40/1. He's damn good. The problem is everybody is comparing him to dak.

Don't let logic ruin a good argument

BrunswickDawg
09-10-2017, 09:41 PM

Too many people are busy bitching and are ignoring the things like he has completed 59.6% of his passes. Fitz has 5 TDs and only 1 INT - and has a 155 rating. People act like he played like the second coming of Mike Henig.

Commercecomet24
09-10-2017, 09:43 PM
Too many people are busy bitching and are ignoring the things like he has completed 59.6% of his passes. Fitz has 5 TDs and only 1 INT - and has a 155 rating. People act like he played like the second coming of Mike Henig.

Some will only see the warts. I call them "The little lights are not twinkling, Clark" people

BuckyIsAB****
09-10-2017, 10:13 PM

Hes vastly more talented than Dak Prescott. Intangibles Dak has him beat by a mile. Fitz leaves it all on the field every night and is a warrior, just gotta be more accurate

IMissJack
09-11-2017, 07:17 AM

If he had the receivers that Pattterson has, his numbers would be huge. We've had some drops too.

Jack Lambert
09-11-2017, 08:25 PM
That has what to do with the OL...

The fact is, LSU has allowed sacks on their QB to teams that are equal to the ones we played. Our numbers are better. Guice is only averaging 5.3 yards... Hill, Williams and Fitz is averaging way more.

How many sacks have they allowed?