PDA

View Full Version : Are you not entertained?

BrunswickDawg
09-10-2017, 12:13 PM
I know it's is only 2 games and we are in cupcake season, but if I had told you this is where we would be 2 games in most would say I was crazy

SEC Ranks
Scoring Offense - 1
Rushing Offense -1
Passing Offense - 6
Total Offense - 3

Scoring D - 4
Rushing D - 7
Passing D - 1
Total D - 3

Sacks Allowed - 1 (with zero)
Sacks - 4

There are some things that need to be cleaned up, some growth needs to take place, but overall this team has potential and is going to compete.

There are a lot of people who need to get some perspective and quit bitching about all the little things.

starkvegasdawg
09-10-2017, 12:33 PM
Not to be a buzzkill, but who have we played? A glorified high school and a C-USA team. Now I'm still optimistic on the season, but I'm not ready to proclaim us orange bowl bound or anything. This Saturday will tell us a whole lot.

Leroy Jenkins
09-10-2017, 12:36 PM
Not to be a buzzkill, but who have we played? A glorified high school and a C-USA team. Now I'm still optimistic on the season, but I'm not ready to proclaim us orange bowl bound or anything. This Saturday will tell us a whole lot.

Outside of a couple games, the teams we are being compared to haven't played anyone either. So it's all relative as they say.

Leeshouldveflanked
09-10-2017, 12:36 PM
^^^^^ This^^^^^

TaleofTwoDogs
09-10-2017, 12:39 PM
True, but at least the mental toughness seems to be back on defense, something that was definitely missing last year. If you have some good talent and have the mental part of the game locked then an 8 or 9 win season is definitely a strong possibility.

Drugdog
09-10-2017, 12:41 PM

But, if we didn't have these kind of stats, we would be hearing how we suck. We have them, and its who have we played? With some of you, there is no winning.

BrunswickDawg
09-10-2017, 12:46 PM

Other than 4 games - FSU/Bama, UF/Mich, Ga/ND, and Au/Clemson - just about every SEC game has been a cupcake. And don't discount La Tech too much - they will probably win their conference. Either way, I didn't declare us SEC champs. My point was we have performed well above what anyone would have guessed when comparing us statistically to the other teams in the league. Did you really think we would have completely shut down 2 teams in the passing game. I didn't. I didn't think we would be leading the SEC in rushing Offense either.

Commercecomet24
09-10-2017, 01:35 PM
Other than 4 games - FSU/Bama, UF/Mich, Ga/ND, and Au/Clemson - just about every SEC game has been a cupcake. And don't discount La Tech too much - they will probably win their conference. Either way, I didn't declare us SEC champs. My point was we have performed well above what anyone would have guessed when comparing us statistically to the other teams in the league. Did you really think we would have completely shut down 2 teams in the passing game. I didn't. I didn't think we would be leading the SEC in rushing Offense either.

Right on!

WSOPdawg
09-10-2017, 01:42 PM

Two things:

1) Vegas is very rarely wrong and had us an 8.5 pt favorite yet we win by 30+ points -- we know we're better than last year's team, but maybe, just maybe we are a legit top-15 or top-20 team b/c we've got a lot of Sunday talent on Defense this year.

2) Quiet confidence should surround this team heading into next Saturday night's game with LSU (as in 2014 when we thought we could win but would we???). I say this team again takes the field with that quiet confidence and will prove it next Saturday night!!!

3) I know I said 2 things, but again, 17 those sh!tbirds as they go before the COI tomorrow!!! Time for Thor's mighty hammer to fall!!!

Mimi's Babies
09-10-2017, 01:42 PM

DAMN, Starkv.... We have played a glorified high school (your words) a C-USA team and their REf.... Give the kids a break....