PDA

View Full Version : Does the SEC East suck or what?

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2013, 02:57 PM
UGA looks shaky, Florida and TN look like hot garbage at times, South Carolina lost to UGA, and Vandy, UK, and Missouri are below average to bad.

I'm not by any means saying we would win the SEC East, but if we were in the East, I would certainly feel like we would have a chance to get to Atlanta in the next 5 years.

In the SEC West... not so much.

People can complain all they want about Mullen's play calling, but Tennessee and Florida's offenses look much more inept with better talent.

Has the conference ever had this large of a discrepancy between divisions?

Coach34
09-21-2013, 03:15 PM
Florida Tennessee is unwatchable. It's a damn shame we are in the West. I would seriously feel much better about our program if we were in the East

dawg21
09-21-2013, 03:29 PM
Its not going to change for a long time. TN is not a national brand anymore. UF should be better...but this is 3 out of 4 years that theyve struggled. What Spurrier has done is amazing, but it hit at the right time to. We have an impossible mountain to climb...it seems. Every year for the foreseeable future, there will be 3 top 10 teams in our division and at least one more in the top 25.

Bothrops
09-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Tennessee is showing us that Florida is not a good team. After all the hype, I was never sold on them. Miami beat them for a reason.

On the other hand, I am thinking that Arkansas has improved more than anybody at this point and I'm not liking it. Their defense is stout up front and they have a workhorse at tailback.

curmudgeon
09-21-2013, 03:35 PM
Back in the late 90s, you probably had the reverse. Tennessee and Florida was the biggest game of the year in the SEC, and Georgia was a 10 win team as well. USC and Vandy were awful, and Tim Couch had Kentucky solid.

In the West, Auburn, Arkansas, MSU, Alabama and LSU all won the West in a 6 year period.

Ronny
09-21-2013, 03:40 PM
Tennessee is showing us that Florida is not a good team. After all the hype, I was never sold on them. Miami beat them for a reason.

On the other hand, I am thinking that Arkansas has improved more than anybody at this point and I'm not liking it. Their defense is stout up front and they have a workhorse at tailback.

...moved the ball at will on UPIg their first 2 drives but then crapped it all away with turnovers.

UPig vs. Rutgers is the afternoon version of tonight's Miss. State vs. Troy.

Ronny
09-21-2013, 03:45 PM
...supposed best teams in the SECW have defenses that gave up a combined 91 points in a game vs. each other last week.

You can't pick on the SECE when the top SECW teams are pulling this crap.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2013, 03:49 PM
...supposed best teams in the SECW have defenses that gave up a combined 91 points in a game vs. each other last week.

You can't pick on the SECE when the top SECW teams are pulling this crap.

You serious Clark?

The execution in the Bama/A&M game was unreal for the most part. There is nothing the defenses can do when talent like that executes.

And yes I can make fun of the SEC East when Florida and TN are snapping balls off their QBs face masks and fumbling every other play. Thats not defense, that ineptness.

Coach34
09-21-2013, 03:51 PM
You serious Clark?

The execution in the Bama/A&M game was unreal for the most part. There is nothing the defenses can do when talent like that executes.

And yes I can make fun of the SEC East when Florida and TN are snapping balls off their QBs face masks and fumbling every other play. Thats not defense, that ineptness.

exactly

These two teams are playing with their back-up QB's and they look like dogshit. Hell, our offense looks better with our back-up QB starting

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2013, 03:55 PM
By the way, I'm going to call it now, Butch Jones won't make it in the SEC. He is a one trick pony and that is yelling. Successful SEC coaches are smart, clever, and beat you with their mind. Something about Jones makes me think he shows up players and coaches and will yell himself out of a job in about 5 years.

Spurrier, Saban, Miles, Petrino, Richt, etc. don't carry themselves that way.

Saban is relentless but he doesn't humiliate coaches and players.

Coach34
09-21-2013, 03:59 PM
wow- this game is embarrassing for the SEC

hacker
09-21-2013, 04:00 PM
Saban is relentless but he doesn't humiliate coaches and players.

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/evans-saban-stepped-over-convulsing-player-29919

Bothrops
09-21-2013, 04:00 PM
The media makes me sick talking Florida up. They are headed to the Texas/USC catagory with me.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2013, 04:12 PM
http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/evans-saban-stepped-over-convulsing-player-29919

Good point. I guess its just that Saban seem be calm and then irate at certain times. He always seems under control. Jones seems out of control like Muschamp. Perhaps I'm not explaining this correctly, but something about Jone's demeanor doesn't pass the smell test to me.