PDA

View Full Version : Help me understand OM excitement over LL at the COI

Bucky Dog
09-10-2017, 09:43 AM
When I read that Nix, Harris, Kiffin, Freeze and probably Barney all have to be there to face the committee. All LL will be asked to do is confirm or deny his previous testimony with no cross examination from OM lawyers, right??

While the committee can put all of those I mentioned in the chair and directly examine them and their testimony, with the intent that they are 100% truthful as well. You don't know what corroborating evidence fully they have to back the allegations so you damn better be truthful, because if not, you are putting your coaching career in jeopardy along with further punishment for the school.

Am I missing something?

DogsofAnarchy
09-10-2017, 09:48 AM
When I read that Nix, Harris, Kiffin, Freeze and probably Barney all have to be there to face the committee. All LL will be asked to do is confirm or deny his previous testimony with no cross examination from OM lawyers, right??

While the committee can put all of those I mentioned in the chair and directly examine them and their testimony, with the intent that they are 100% truthful as well. You don't know what corroborating evidence fully they have to back the allegations so you damn better be truthful, because if not, you are putting your coaching career in jeopardy along with further punishment for the school.

Am I missing something?

Yes. You are missing their narrative. It's called yellow journalism. When the penalties come out, you will see their narrative change to how wrong the process is and how they will appeal.

drummerdawg
09-10-2017, 09:54 AM
I think it's their hope that Leo gets MSU in trouble somehow. They believe that because the NCAA requested Leo to attend, shows that NCAA wants to get to the bottom of Leo's recruitment and every institution (mainly MSU) will have to answer. They know that State won't be punished right now, but they think this will open up an investigation to the program.

DogsofAnarchy
09-10-2017, 10:31 AM
I think it's their hope that Leo gets MSU in trouble somehow. They believe that because the NCAA requested Leo to attend, shows that NCAA wants to get to the bottom of Leo's recruitment and every institution (mainly MSU) will have to answer. They know that State won't be punished right now, but they think this will open up an investigation to the program.

OM does not understand the concept of an investigation. The COI hearing is NOT a fact finding mission. It's a hearing to establish an overview of facts that have ALREADY been established. At this point only an idiot would believe the OM narrative. They have misrepresented every aspect of what has been happening to them for the sake of ticket sales and perception. I will say what I said 20 years ago on the first MSU message board I ever visited, " the OM perception is not reality.."

starkvegasdawg
09-10-2017, 10:35 AM
OM does not understand the concept of an investigation. The COI hearing is NOT a fact finding mission. It's a hearing to establish an overview of facts that have ALREADY been established. At this point only an idiot would believe the OM narrative. They have misrepresented every aspect of what has been happening to them for the sake of ticket sales and perception. I will say what I said 20 years ago on the first MSU message board I ever visited, " the OM perception is not reality.."

Yep. This is basically their sentencing hearing. They've already been found guilty. They're now going before the judge begging for leniency. No more. No less.

Coldsleeve Jr.
09-10-2017, 10:39 AM
In order to understand, you must first access the retarded portion of your brain.

WSOPdawg
09-10-2017, 10:40 AM
Yep. This is basically their sentencing hearing. They've already been found guilty. They're now going before the judge begging for leniency. No more. No less.

Agree Stark, but I too am wondering about this request to have LL present as it seems highly unusual for the ncaa to request the appearance of a SA who has been given immunity and is only listed in 1 or 2 of the 21 allegations.

Would Skyping or FaceTime not have been a better use of the SA's time given his academic AND athletic requirements during game week (as opposed to making him travel to KY for some hearing mid-week)? I also don't think this is standard ncaa photocol when dealing with key witnesses. Anybody else got thoughts?

smootness
09-10-2017, 10:47 AM
OM fans are dumb, know nothing, and are throwing anything they can against the wall to feel better. That's all you need to know about anything coming from them. Why do we keep taking them seriously?

StoneDawg
09-10-2017, 10:48 AM
Leo is going so all the coaches can apologize to him in person.

Kyper
09-10-2017, 11:21 AM
Agree Stark, but I too am wondering about this request to have LL present as it seems highly unusual for the ncaa to request the appearance of a SA who has been given immunity and is only listed in 1 or 2 of the 21 allegations.

Would Skyping or FaceTime not have been a better use of the SA's time given his academic AND athletic requirements during game week (as opposed to making him travel to KY for some hearing mid-week)? I also don't think this is standard ncaa photocol when dealing with key witnesses. Anybody else got thoughts?

Leo has been summoned to the hearing to be asked a couple of questions so that the NCAA can take away some grounds for an Ole Miss appeal. It's just a token appearance for the most part. Ole Miss will find out Monday no matter how they try to pull State or other schools into it, the COI is there to talk about Ole Miss

notsofarawaydawg
09-10-2017, 11:33 AM

I honestly think that the NCAA is just doing it to embarrass all the liars from TCUN. Just to taunt them thinking they may get a shot at him when the NCAA knows very well that won't happen. Just another "slap up beside the head" because of their total disregard to privacy.