PDA

View Full Version : Refs last night/home cooking...

Dawg61
09-10-2017, 07:10 AM
sorry I was off the board last night during our game and after so this was probably covered somewhere but the play under review call at the end of the half so La Tech had time to spike the ball and then kick a field goal was the most bullshit homecooking call I have ever seen in my life. That was total trash garbage and the braindead head ref that was leading that shit crew last night needs a permanent pink slip. Trashy ass Louisiana Tech bans our cowbells and than pays for some home cooked refs. Keep it classy Ruston

But that was one of the most entertaining games I have ever seen also! 3rd and 93!! Cameron Dantzler killed a guy!

I think Jefferey Simmons needs a couple plays on offense. He seems like a natural fit to be scoring touchdowns.

Eat shit Louisiana Tech

Mimi's Babies
09-10-2017, 07:26 AM
3rd and 93 will go down increase history books. As to Dantzler, still not sure about that call. As the appearance that the call was wrong.

WinningIsRelentless
09-10-2017, 07:58 AM
I have no issues with going to places like La Tech to play, but after last night it needs to be with SEC or a separate conference officials.

BiscuitEater
09-10-2017, 08:12 AM
Cameron Dantzler killed a guy!

Slight hijack .. any chance that SEC reviews that call and overturns. Cam led with his shoulder and only reason he hit him so high was that the WR ducked. Total BS call.

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2017, 08:20 AM
I have no issues with going to places like La Tech to play, but after last night it needs to be with SEC or a separate conference officials.

I think SEC teams traveling to mid-majors is good for the sport.

My only frustration is that everyone doesn't have to do it.

I think Bama, Auburn, LSU, UGA, etc should have to make 1 trip every other year to a mid major.

IMissJack
09-10-2017, 08:25 AM
Won't happen

Drugdog
09-10-2017, 08:39 AM
Yep. The instant replays reviews were damn near instant.
The targeting penalty should be overturned by the SEC office.

BulldogDX55
09-10-2017, 08:44 AM
Yep. The instant replays reviews were damn near instant.
The targeting penalty should be overturned by the SEC office.

Is the SEC office the one who could overturn it? It was a call made by CUSA refs in a CUSA stadium in an OOC game and it is an NCAA rule.

WinningIsRelentless
09-10-2017, 08:45 AM
No call was worst than Myles being out at the 1. He had a good 6 inches of grass between the sideline and the line judge had a clear look at it and still blew it!

msstate7
09-10-2017, 08:50 AM
You can lead with the shoulder and it still be targeting. Forceful contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless player.

msbulldog
09-10-2017, 09:02 AM
That was one helluva lick!

ckDOG
09-10-2017, 10:58 AM
You can lead with the shoulder and it still be targeting. Forceful contact to the head or neck area of a defenseless player.

Right. Letter of the law it is targeting. Bigger issue is what does the rule book want the defender to do in that instance? He was in good defensive position, timed it well, and squared up on the guy? Is he supposed to go even lower? That's easily risking injury to both players. Is he supposed to recognize he will fall on his own accord, get out of the way, and let him make himself down? That's dumb too.

I think it's a rock and a hard place situation. Throw the flag and chalk it up to unlucky timing on our part. Not worthy of an ejection though. He was playing the game right.

HSVDawg
09-10-2017, 11:19 AM
Right. Letter of the law it is targeting. Bigger issue is what does the rule book want the defender to do in that instance? He was in good defensive position, timed it well, and squared up on the guy? Is he supposed to go even lower? That's easily risking injury to both players. Is he supposed to recognize he will fall on his own accord, get out of the way, and let him make himself down? That's dumb too.

I think it's a rock and a hard place situation. Throw the flag and chalk it up to unlucky timing on our part. Not worthy of an ejection though. He was playing the game right.

It's a dumb rule, but a rule nonetheless. There was a targeting call in another game I saw last weekend where a RB was just running straight down the field and a guy hit him high and it was targeting. Was not even a defenseless player. I thought that was way worse of a call than Dantzler's hit.

Personally, I'm OK with the 15 yard penalty in any capacity that they want to enforce the rule. At its core, I think it is like a facemask where it is very rarely intentional when playing at the typical speed of FBS football. Sometimes players are just grabbing for any part of the body or reacting in very quick fashion with limited control on what / where they can grab or hit depending on what the other player does. What I have an issue with is the ejection (after first offense) and requisite suspension in the following game. The NFL doesn't even do that, and they have a way longer and more dubious history of head injuries than college football.

IMissJack
09-10-2017, 11:38 AM
It's a dumb rule, but a rule nonetheless. There was a targeting call in another game I saw last weekend where a RB was just running straight down the field and a guy hit him high and it was targeting. Was not even a defenseless player. I thought that was way worse of a call than Dantzler's hit.

Personally, I'm OK with the 15 yard penalty in any capacity that they want to enforce the rule. At its core, I think it is like a facemask where it is very rarely intentional when playing at the typical speed of FBS football. Sometimes players are just grabbing for any part of the body or reacting in very quick fashion with limited control on what / where they can grab or hit depending on what the other player does. What I have an issue with is the ejection (after first offense) and requisite suspension in the following game. The NFL doesn't even do that, and they have a way longer and more dubious history of head injuries than college football.

So what is next, the offensive player cannot lead with their head? They are going to ruin football the same way Nascar was ruined. It has become too clean and safe.

parabrave
09-10-2017, 02:42 PM

a unintended consequence of the targeting rule is an increase in knee and lower leg injuries to receivers. It's going to be flag football in the future with the unintended consequence of increase incidents nut busting and belt burn.

TUSK
09-10-2017, 03:50 PM
I think SEC teams traveling to mid-majors is good for the sport.

My only frustration is that everyone doesn't have to do it.

I think Bama, Auburn, LSU, UGA, etc should have to make 1 trip every other year to a mid major.

0 chance... Hell, Bammer paid Fresno State $1.4M to come to Tuscaloosa.... They nearly paid their coach's annual salary with one trip....

I do like the early season games vs Top 25 type teams on neutral sites, however....