PDA

View Full Version : LSU game

BuckyIsAB****
09-10-2017, 12:06 AM
Buckle up boys its gonna be a good one #Clanga #BeatLSU

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2017, 12:24 AM
It's gonna be a slober knocker.

Final score will be 21-17. Could go either way.

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2017, 12:37 AM
To add:

I think the key to the game for MSU is to remain patient.

MSU has a legit defense this year that I believe can really cause LSU to struggle to move the ball. Add that with an excellent punter and you've got the ingredients to win a field position battle.

Therefore, I want to see an offense that remains patient, doesn't make mistakes, and plays with a blue collar grind in the game.

Opportunities will come. Don't force them.

MetEdDawg
09-10-2017, 01:01 AM
We will score more than 21. There's no way we can start more poorly than we did tonight and we also haven't seen our offense for a full game yet. All of that said, we are still putting up big time numbers.

I think the key is defense. Can they stop LSU on 3rd and 3+? LSU has converted a ton of those on us in the past and not only does it potentially lead to points for them, but it denies us the chance to shorten the field for our offense. They have to find some 3 and outs, create a turnover, and shorten the field for us.

We will be able to run the football. But if we have to travel 70-80+ yards every drive it's gonna be hard to win. I think Grantham's defense is the key here.

Skydawg1
09-10-2017, 01:04 AM
To add:

MSU has a legit defense this year that I believe can really cause LSU to struggle to move the ball. Add that with an excellent punter and you've got the ingredients to win a field position battle.

Therefore, I want to see an offense that remains patient, doesn't make mistakes, and plays with a blue collar grind in the game.

Opportunities will come. Don't force them.And a punt is better than a missed FG in games like this.

Bothrops
09-10-2017, 01:06 AM
LSU gonna kick a ton of field goals. I think #8 gets in there earlier in the evening. Offense will need a spark if we're gonna win. We can't win a FG battle.

BuckyIsAB****
09-10-2017, 01:39 AM
Heres the way I see it

I feel very confident they will not score 20 points on us unless we shit the bed. They might not get 17. Our defense will do fine.

We're inconsistent throwing the ball but Fitz is a gamer and a playmaker. We have a deep and talented stable of RB's behind an average at best OL.

Gonna be close but we got a hell of a shot. Home field will play a big part show up drink up and show out

Reason2succeed
09-10-2017, 05:16 AM
To add:

Opportunities will come. Don't force them.

I totally agree. Mullen needs to trust the running game even when they stuff it. Our depth at RB is a major strength and it will open up the RPO. Aeris, Hill, Gibson, and Lee are good enough to keep the LSU defense honest if given the opportunity.

Cooterpoot
09-10-2017, 06:03 AM
Our offense isn't good enough. More specifically, our OL sucks. Is Key playing next week for LSU? Cause he will hurt somebody if he lines up on Reese. I thought the offense looked bad tonight.

msstate7
09-10-2017, 06:37 AM
Our offense isn't good enough. More specifically, our OL sucks. Is Key playing next week for LSU? Cause he will hurt somebody if he lines up on Reese. I thought the offense looked bad tonight.

Tough critic. We ran 60 plays and had 459 yards... 7.65 yds per play. Last year, WKU led the country in yards per play at 7.65

Cooterpoot
09-10-2017, 07:47 AM
But we aren't going to line up and run the ball against that LSU defense and the passing game is inconsistent at best. The defense won that game last night. The OL hasn't looked good either game. And LA Tech gave up tons to NW st last week. Unless we force turnovers and score on them, going to be about like usual with LSU. My concern is the offense. Can't see them driving it on LSU.

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2017, 07:48 AM
I'm scared to death that Fitz is going to try to force things and throw a few pick 6s.

I don't see the throw away gene in him

Fitz is so talented but looks dyslexic when trying to a defense. Lacks vision

msstate7
09-10-2017, 08:05 AM
I'm scared to death that Fitz is going to try to force things and throw a few pick 6s.

I don't see the throw away gene in him

Fitz is so talented but looks dyslexic when trying to a defense. Lacks vision

Last season vs lsu, fitz made the right read on gray deep twice. Gray had his man beat and fitz overthrew him twice. If fitz misses our big plays this year again, we lose... no doubt about it. Fitz has to back those safeties up so we can run

Jack Lambert
09-10-2017, 08:10 AM
We will score more than 21. There's no way we can start more poorly than we did tonight and we also haven't seen our offense for a full game yet. All of that said, we are still putting up big time numbers.

I think the key is defense. Can they stop LSU on 3rd and 3+? LSU has converted a ton of those on us in the past and not only does it potentially lead to points for them, but it denies us the chance to shorten the field for our offense. They have to find some 3 and outs, create a turnover, and shorten the field for us.

We will be able to run the football. But if we have to travel 70-80+ yards every drive it's gonna be hard to win. I think Grantham's defense is the key here.

The offense was pretty plain the last two games. When is Mullen going to open it up?

IMissJack
09-10-2017, 08:33 AM
Buckle up boys its gonna be a good one #Clanga #BeatLSU

I already received a text from my LSU buddy saying this could be a great game. That must mean he's nervous.

Turfdawg67
09-10-2017, 08:34 AM
Tough critic. We ran 60 plays and had 459 yards... 7.65 yds per play. Last year, WKU led the country in yards per play at 7.65

He's not a tough critic, he's a compulsive whiner. Go look at all his posts...

msstate7
09-10-2017, 08:48 AM
Also of note, lsu has at least one weak spot on their oline too in Charles. He was not impressive vs byu. Didn't watch last night though. Charles is an interior lineman and that's where mr. Simmons roams. Charles absolutely can't handle Simmons and Reese can't handle key. These 2 freshman olinemen could be the key to the game

CadaverDawg
09-10-2017, 08:57 AM
The offense was pretty plain the last two games. When is Mullen going to open it up?

We say this every year it seems. The offense is opened up, just not very good right now. It will be interesting to see if our O can put together anything against their D in terms of a long sustained drive. Most of our scoring drives this year have been setup by Defense or ST. I have no clue if we can protect the QB against a good D, or open up a running lane. We will have to utilize the TE's in play action a lot I think, and probably take a few shots deep just to unload the box. They're going to make Fitz beat them with his arm, & ive seen nothing so far that makes me think he can.

Not trying to be Mr Negative, I just think we need to hope we're holding something back, bc our offense hasn't been too impressive without big help from the D. Could be a pretty low scoring game.

IMissJack
09-10-2017, 08:58 AM
Also of note, lsu has at least one weak spot on their oline too in Charles. He was not impressive vs byu. Didn't watch last night though. Charles is an interior lineman and that's where mr. Simmons roams. Charles absolutely can't handle Simmons and Reese can't handle key. These 2 freshman olinemen could be the key to the game

I expect us to help Reese with TE's.

bulldawg28
09-10-2017, 08:59 AM
LSU's ass is grass!

msstate7
09-10-2017, 09:04 AM
We say this every year it seems. The offense is opened up, just not very good right now. It will be interesting to see if our O can put together anything against their D in terms of a long sustained drive. Most of our scoring drives this year have been setup by Defense or ST. I have no clue if we can protect the QB against a good D, or open up a running lane. We will have to utilize the TE's in play action a lot I think, and probably take a few shots deep just to unload the box. They're going to make Fitz beat them with his arm, & ive seen nothing so far that makes me think he can.

Not trying to be Mr Negative, I just think we need to hope we're holding something back, bc our offense hasn't been too impressive without big help from the D. Could be a pretty low scoring game.

At the risk of ruining my reputation as mr negative myself, we ran 40 times last night for 327 yards (8.2 per carry). Now I'm not bragging about this since it was la tech, but lsu ran 46 times for 222 yards vs Chattanooga for 4.83 per carry.

Covercorner2
09-10-2017, 09:04 AM

We came out flat and still won by 36. It's LA Tech, at their place. It's their Super Bowl. It's just a game for us the week before our Super Bowl. They had that game circled for months, we had it as an afterthought. We played like shit, but I'm not surprised. Good teams win those games, though, and we did- easily. Expect us to play much better against LSU at home.

msstate7
09-10-2017, 09:05 AM
I expect us to help Reese with TE's.

They'll have to double Simmons too

Covercorner2
09-10-2017, 09:07 AM

You're putting WAY too much stock into the LA Tech game. We played flat, as expected. Simple as that.

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2017, 09:15 AM
Cole Cublic with some thoughts on the game next week.

https://twitter.com/colecubelic/status/906883285028098049

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2017, 09:17 AM

Agree 100%

Watching our WRs trying to make plays on non perfect passes is disturbing.

I realize we are recruiting well there this year, but the body types and talent we are running out at that position currently is flat out embarrassing.

Not only that but Todd, Mitchell, and Thomas alligator arm most every pass.

Billy G should be absolutely embarrassed by the job he has done with that unit. They may be the worst in the SEC.

TrapGame
09-10-2017, 09:22 AM
Cole Cublic with some thoughts on the game next week.

https://twitter.com/colecubelic/status/906883285028098049

Cole thought NC State was going to beat SC and be one of the playoff teams too.

msstate7
09-10-2017, 09:23 AM
Cole thought NC State was going to beat SC and be one of the playoff teams too.

I doubt this dude has even watched one of our games. Did he watch us over Georgia, Ohio st, USC, auburn, etc last night?

smootness
09-10-2017, 09:26 AM
We need to run, run, run, run, run. Our passing game is not good enough to beat anyone of note as the foundation of the offense. We need to go full Relf Coast.

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2017, 09:33 AM
We need to run, run, run, run, run. Our passing game is not good enough to beat anyone of note as the foundation of the offense. We need to go full Relf Coast.

RTGDF

Fitz should have less that 20 carries next Saturday

msstate7
09-10-2017, 09:35 AM
RTGDF

It'll be on the defense. If they can get stops, we'll play conservative. Our defense has to come to play

Dental Dawg33
09-10-2017, 09:36 AM
Our defense is going to decide the game. Our offense will make some plays just have to protect the ball, no turnovers. Fitz needs to calm down and not force throws. It's going to be a hell of a game but if we protect the ball on offense and our defense plays like they have been, we are going to win

TrapGame
09-10-2017, 09:41 AM
Let's not forget that Grantham schemed against LSU in Louisville's bowl game loss. This time he has the horses to stop LSU's offense. He will be on the defenses' ass this week.

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2017, 09:46 AM
Let's not forget that Grantham schemed against LSU in Louisville's bowl game loss. This time he has the horses to stop LSU's offense. He will be on the defenses' ass this week.

That was pre Matt Canada. But similar personnel.

He should already know what Guice and Etling can do.

Drugdog
09-10-2017, 09:55 AM
It's gonna be a slober knocker.

Final score will be 21-17. Could go either way.

Thanks John Madden.

HSVDawg
09-10-2017, 10:08 AM
Agree 100%

I realize we are recruiting well there this year, but the body types and talent we are running out at that position currently is flat our embarrassing.

Billy G should be absolutely embarrassed by the job he has done with that unit. They may be the worst in the SEC.

I will say that Myles has looked much improved. That TD catch he had yesterday was not an easy play by any means. We know what we have in Gray and Mixon, and it looks like Dedrick Thomas is coming along as another weapon that we can use in the short passing game. Jesse Jackson is doing a decent job filling the Robert Johnson possession receiver role. What we lack is a rangy target on the outside, which we all knew would be a problem. Everyone else has met or exceeded expectations.

GreenheadDawg
09-10-2017, 10:14 AM
What channel will the game be on? I can't find it.

msbulldog
09-10-2017, 10:15 AM
J Thomas also had a couple of nice catches.

Turfdawg67
09-10-2017, 10:17 AM
Agree 100%

I realize we are recruiting well there this year, but the body types and talent we are running out at that position currently is flat out embarrassing.

Our best WR in 2013 was slot receiver Jameon Lewis and we had two up and comers named Ross & Wilson. We are very similar to that group... it's not catostrophic & it's not embarrassing. We had WRs wide open last night and Fitz theee to the wrong man. For the love of God... enough.

HSVDawg
09-10-2017, 10:18 AM
RTGDF

He should or shouldn't have less than 20 carries?

Turfdawg67
09-10-2017, 10:18 AM
I will say that Myles has looked much improved. That TD catch he had yesterday was not an easy play by any means. We know what we have in Gray and Mixon, and it looks like Dedrick Thomas is coming along as another weapon that we can use in the short passing game. Jesse Jackson is doing a decent job filling the Robert Johnson possession receiver role. What we lack is a rangy target on the outside, which we all knew would be a problem. Everyone else has met or exceeded expectations.

Agee 100%

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2017, 10:24 AM
He should or shouldn't have less than 20 carries?

Shouldn't. Sorry

GreenheadDawg
09-10-2017, 10:37 AM
Guess I'll ask again. What channel will the game be on?

DudyDawg
09-10-2017, 10:48 AM
Guess I'll ask again. What channel will the game be on?

Espn, 6 pm. Chill out, you've got a week you're not missing it.

smootness
09-10-2017, 10:51 AM

I agree, I've been down on Myles at times but he's looked good so far. And I really, really like D Thomas. He's a true slot guy who can make some things happen.

GreenheadDawg
09-10-2017, 11:36 AM
Espn, 6 pm. Chill out, you've got a week you're not missing it.

Thanks.

DudyDawg
09-10-2017, 11:45 AM
Thanks.

No worries

IMissJack
09-10-2017, 12:07 PM
Our defense is going to decide the game. Our offense will make some plays just have to protect the ball, no turnovers. Fitz needs to calm down and not force throws. It's going to be a hell of a game but if we protect the ball on offense and our defense plays like they have been, we are going to win

Feels like a Late '90's game again.

BuckyIsAB****
09-10-2017, 12:40 PM
Feels like a Late '90's game again.

Our offense is so far ahead of the late 90s haha.

People freaking out about our offense after scoring 49 and 57 yes i know the defense and special teams scored last night and helped last week shows how far we have come.

We will be okay. Fitz started rough but calmed down and finished with a pretty good night. I will say this. He is going to have to make a few throws to beat LSU. He can do it

FISHDAWG
09-10-2017, 12:41 PM
wow ... there's a lotta wool in this thread.

ShotgunDawg
09-10-2017, 12:45 PM
wow ... there's a lotta wool in this thread.

Should we be pissed?

Coach007
09-10-2017, 12:52 PM

What? So Our OL is way better than LSUs??

IMissJack
09-10-2017, 12:52 PM
I meant from a defensive perspective. The O is better than in the '90s.

BuckyIsAB****
09-10-2017, 12:53 PM
I just love all the ''La Tech could win the CUSA they aint bad'' We skull drag them 57-21 and our QB cant throw, WRs cant catch and the OL cant get in a three point stance