PDA

View Full Version : What are you expecting to see today?

CadaverDawg
09-21-2013, 01:27 PM
What will make you feel like we are still moving in the right direction? What will make you feel better heading into LSU prep?

I want to see us have a balanced run and passing attack, but I want JRob to get some freaking carries and show that he can be the feature back. I want to see us get up by two TD's or more and then step on their throat. Danny should try to put up 100 points today to prove that he has a pair.

And I want our defense not to play 15 yards off the line of scrimmage. We make it way too easy to pick up yards on quick outs and quick slants. Let's get up in these guys faces early and force their QB to make some throws to beat us. Enou of the bend but don't break garbage....I want to see an aggressive defense like Collins promised us.

Anything short of a 14-21 point win AT MINIMUM will be telling.

Political Hack
09-21-2013, 01:33 PM
a win.

ShotgunDawg
09-21-2013, 01:40 PM
Anything short of a 14-21 point win AT MINIMUM will be telling.[/QUOTE]

Not sure I agree with this part. I mean, UGA is struggling with North Texas and Troy is probably better than North Texas. I hate putting victory margins into the equation of how good a team is. There are just too many variables that create victory margins and make them irrelevant.

Here is what I want to see:

1. This is a big number 1. Last year the Alabama game decimated our team, and this year's Auburn game has the potential to do the same. I want to see us play hard and with confidence. I want to see a more emotionally mature team that shows the ability to compartmentalize and move on. This trait will serve us well down the stretch of our season.

2. We need to clean things up. Stop the false start, dumb penalties etc.

3. I want to see Shumpert get a lot of carries. If we are going to have a chance against LSU, we must be able to run at them with a power back. You won't beat them with speed.

4. I want to see Dak continue to improve and his management of the offense. You'll be able to see this by how quick we get plays off in relation to the play clock, and how many timeouts we waste because we couldn't get plays off in time.

5. Open field tackling. Last year this killed us against Troy. I want to see improvement.

6. Continue or begin to develop an offensive identity that we can utilize for the next 3 years. Since our playmakers are young, this is completely feasible.

7. No injuries. We can't afford many

8. Continue to target Wilson and Ross more. Must create as many playmakers as possible.

9. WIN!! Troy is pretty good, and we really can't afford to lose this game. I think I know who we are. We are an average SEC team that is desperately trying to improve. We are moving slowly in the right direction and don't need a passive effort to derail that or recruiting.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2013, 01:42 PM
Georgia didn't just blow a damn SEC game that they had in the bag either. I don't typically put a margin on things, but after what we've seen lately, YES, I want to see us beat the shit out of an inferior team. And I would be shocked if Georgia didn't win by 21+ today even after the way they started.

Don't read in to my margin as much as what Im saying gets us there.

CadaverDawg
09-21-2013, 01:45 PM
8. Continue to target Wilson and Ross more. Must create as many playmakers as possible.

"Continue"? When did we start?

Esmerelda Villalobos
09-21-2013, 01:50 PM
We either lose or pull a mtsu game last year. Im 50-50 on which happens and I almost dont even care. If we win, so what...

Coach34
09-21-2013, 01:58 PM
more diversity in the run game
more blitz pressure on the QB from the defense

Drugdog
09-21-2013, 02:11 PM
I'm feelin wooly...don't know why..I think we will dominate ... I see us winning by 28. Shrimpers gets 100. And No I'm I am currently sober..

Will James
09-21-2013, 02:27 PM
Hearing we may have some more secondary issues to deal with.

Coach34
09-21-2013, 02:34 PM
I look for a 44-27 type of game

Coach34
09-21-2013, 02:35 PM
I dont see Shump getting alot of carries today either...between Dakota, JRob, and Perk- just arent many left

Bothrops
09-21-2013, 02:40 PM
More balanced run/pass like you said. Need to get more receivers involved with the ball in their hands. I want to see Ross, F. Brown, Wilson, and Chappelle get some grabs. We need to work these guys. I want all RBs to get multiple carries. Get the second team o-line some reps as well.

MarketingBully01
09-21-2013, 02:59 PM
Another balanced attack 250+ rushing and passing, better execution from Dak, our secondary growing as a unit and Cox growing further as a CB. I am hoping for another +TO game as well. Hoping to similar numbers as we had vs Auburn only this time maybe capitalizing on them +3 with 10 points off would be acceptable. Holding them under 20 would be great as well. We do those things we should win easily.

starkvegasdawg
09-21-2013, 03:00 PM
I want to see us get up by two TD's or more and then step on their throat. Danny should try to put up 100 points today to prove that he has a pair.

And I want our defense not to play 15 yards off the line of scrimmage.

This is what I want to see. We do this the other things will take care of themselves.

MarketingBully01
09-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Great, where did you hear we have more issues from? I guess the Whitley rumor wasnt true so hopefully your issues you are hearing aren't true either.

Fader21
09-21-2013, 03:30 PM
Expecting a team that is playing down to their opponents.

What I wanna see. A team that plays with relentless effort and a coach with some fire

archdog
09-21-2013, 03:48 PM
I would like to see our team sustain drives, no three and outs. I would also like the turnover margin in our favor. Getting the deep threats established would be nice. Wait, developed a deep threat. That's all.

HancockCountyDog
09-21-2013, 05:06 PM
Dak Dak Dak Dak

Jacksondevildog
09-21-2013, 05:39 PM
I don't expect a large victory. Troy is good offensively and I expect them to move it a bit on us. I am concerned with Holley starting. Hopefully there is not a bad injury there with Day. I want to see Dak continue to look comfortable in the pocket and go through his progressions.