PDA

View Full Version : Guess who I looked dead in the eye from a distance of less than 3 feet today?

BulldogBear
09-08-2017, 09:41 PM
At Jackson Evers International Airport, arriving on a Delta flight....

Kevin Sumlin. What is going on? It's Friday and the plane came from ATL.

Recruiting? High School game tonight? Maybe. They play Nicholls State tomorrow. Maybe that's one you let the assistant handle practice today.

Maybe he sees the handwriting on the wall.
Preliminary feeler meeting with Ole Miss boosters?

TUSK
09-08-2017, 09:55 PM
Was he tanked?

Perpetual Underachiever
09-08-2017, 10:07 PM
Are you sure??? Why in the hell would the HC for the largest endowment in the SEC be flying commercial? As mad as they are, I don't think they can just pull jet privileges?

HSVDawg
09-08-2017, 10:10 PM

Recruiting? High School game tonight? Maybe. They play Nicholls State tomorrow. Maybe that's one you let the assistant handle practice today.

That seems really strange for it being in the middle of a game week. I guess conceivably he could be going to see Heath play (or another Jackson area prospect). And there pretty much is no practice on Friday, just film and general walk through type stuff. Could fly back to College Station on a red eye or early in the morning and be there in plenty of time for pregame meetings, meal, etc.

But another thing that is suspicious is that he flew commercially. If it was just a recruiting trip, he easily could have flown directly on a university jet or booster's plane and been back that same night before midnight. That tells me it was a personal trip for him, so you may be onto something with the OM angle. It's also especially risky that he flew commercially this close to a gameday while he is from an area not far from the Harvey devestation. You also have Hurricane Katia churning near South Texas and of course Irma coming in as well. He could easily have a delay / cancellation resulting from a chain reaction of other flight schedule rearrangements that jeopardizes his return trip.

BulldogBear
09-08-2017, 10:23 PM
Are you sure??? Why in the hell would the HC for the largest endowment in the SEC be flying commercial? As mad as they are, I don't think they can just pull jet privileges?

I wondered about that. I wonder if it is in some way relayed to the hurricane(s). Jet fuel issues or something?

Homedawg
09-08-2017, 10:27 PM

I think we more than likely have a case of mistaken identity.

Hasu Dackds
09-08-2017, 10:48 PM
Texas A&M certainly flies Sumlin around on a corporate jet, I've see him at a few general aviation airports.

starkvegasdawg
09-08-2017, 11:13 PM
I think we more than likely have a case of mistaken identity.

A&M certainly mistook him for a coach.

Reason2succeed
09-09-2017, 12:37 AM
I could see OM going for Sumlin as a rebound coach. It would make sense for both parties since he's basically a dead man walking at A&M barring the miraculous.

However I'm with everyone else OM surely would send a private jet if they have any respect for the man. It's a short drive to Houston where there a several airports that he could take that flight discreetly. If it's recruiting then there is no way he is commercial. Are you absolutely sure it was Sumlin?

Kyper
09-09-2017, 12:41 AM
He didnt see Kevin Sumlin. No chance he is flying commercial the day before a game

IMissJack
09-09-2017, 03:25 AM

Sumlin also likes to fly around TX on Friday nights and make a big appearance in a helicopter at certain recruits' games. I doubt it was him on the flight.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-09-2017, 05:46 AM
Sumlin also likes to fly around TX on Friday nights and make a big appearance in a helicopter at certain recruits' games. I doubt it was him on the flight.

Does the helicopter have an onboard bar?

AFDawg
09-09-2017, 08:43 AM
** Sure it wasn't Mike Tomlin?

Pollodawg
09-09-2017, 09:58 AM
OM will not hire a black man as head football coach. Their blue hairs would crap down both legs.

If Sumlin was in MS, it wasn't to interview for the OM gig.

RocketDawg
09-09-2017, 11:28 AM
Probably wasn't Sumlin. But if it was, maybe A&M won't let him use the school plane any more .... And if he was going to Oxford, he'd be flying into Memphis, not Jackson.

BulldogBear
09-11-2017, 03:57 PM
UPDATE: I saw the same guy fly out again yesterday. It wasn't Kevin Sumlin but I'm only sure of that because I saw Sumlin on TV Saturday night. His hair is completely dark whereas this guy was showing some slight salt and pepper. We all have a doppleganger or two out there somewhere so I guess this man is Sumlin's. I mean when he smiled, he even had that look in his eyes, like Sumlin does, that he knows what your sister looks like naked or something.