PDA

View Full Version : La Tech sure is a confident bunch

BulldogDX55
09-08-2017, 04:22 PM
http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?139694-Week-2-Mississippi-State-(9-9)-LOYAL-BLUE-OUT

They seem to think that the team we are bringing is the same one from 2008. They have an obscene amount of confidence for a team that was tied with a bad FCS team for 2.5 quarters. ~80% are predicting a win.

And if you don't care about all of that, there's a great picture of the Sideline reporter for this weeks game on page 3.

GreenheadDawg
09-08-2017, 04:33 PM
Well that was good for a laugh. They are as delusional the fans north of us.

Reason2succeed
09-08-2017, 04:38 PM
Why wouldn't they be? We lost to USA last year. We struggled with Samford. We struggled with Miami of Ohio. I would be confident too. Until further notice State has to earn our respect.

P.S. Sideline reporter is a smoke show but that pic against the wall is very unprofessional if it was taken for professional reasons. I see why she's covering Ruston and not a big time market.

Homedawg
09-08-2017, 04:39 PM
They have had good past experiences against us, might as well.

Jack Lambert
09-08-2017, 04:44 PM
I think every fan base thinks they are going to beat us. I don't really care. They are not the ones on the field.

What I really don't get is the "we are better then you attitude". They think they are GA Tech or something. They need to grab reality and realize that they are LA ****ing Tech from Ruston ****ing Louisiana. "LSU want to be's" And if Mullen had wanted their QB he would be on campus right now.

mparkerfd20
09-08-2017, 04:53 PM
Idiots.

TXDawg
09-08-2017, 05:21 PM
One guy in there actually said something to the effect that "Fitz was their QB last year and they were 5-7 before making a bowl game based on grades. Sure, they added some defensive tools, but Fitz didn't exactly light it up last year. We should be fine."

That's some quality analysis right there. Way to know your opponent.

Commercecomet24
09-08-2017, 05:30 PM
I think every fan base thinks they are going to beat us. I don't really care. They are not the ones on the field.

What I really don't get is the "we are better then you attitude". They think they are GA Tech or something. They need to grab reality and realize that they are LA ****ing Tech from Ruston ****ing Louisiana. "LSU want to be's" And if Mullen had wanted their QB he would be on campus right now.

Right on, Jack! Preach!

Commercecomet24
09-08-2017, 05:32 PM
One guy in there actually said something to the effect that "Fitz was their QB last year and they were 5-7 before making a bowl game based on grades. Sure, they added some defensive tools, but Fitz didn't exactly light it up last year. We should be fine."

Yep! No need for them to account for Fitz he's not gonna do any damage****

Dawg61
09-08-2017, 05:37 PM
Whole damn state is filled with delusional blowhards

BulldogBear
09-08-2017, 05:42 PM
Every time we play them media makes it an upset alert. They can't help being conditioned. Weren't they supposed to beat us last year.***

Mimi's Babies
09-08-2017, 05:52 PM
One dumb ass asked if their ad gat SEC refs. Dah...

RocketDawg
09-08-2017, 05:57 PM
When a small school plays a major school there's always the chance of an upset because it's possibly the biggest game of the year for the small school and they're "up" for it.

RocketDawg
09-08-2017, 06:01 PM
One dumb ass asked if their ad gat SEC refs. Dah...

Don't know what conference the officials will be from this weekend, but it's not unusual for the visiting conference to have their refs there. We took SEC refs to BYU several years ago (and maybe last year), and they certainly brought theirs for the fiasco when they visited us in the early 2000s. That might even be standard procedure except for bowl games. Or maybe it's only when Power 5 schools play out of conference with another Power 5.

FISHDAWG
09-08-2017, 06:15 PM
Why wouldn't they be? We lost to USA last year. We struggled with Samford. We struggled with Miami of Ohio. I would be confident too. Until further notice State has to earn our respect.

P.S. Sideline reporter is a smoke show but that pic against the wall is very unprofessional if it was taken for professional reasons. I see why she's covering Ruston and not a big time market.

you must be joking ... she looked totally professional to me. I read through 7 pages and then quit, man that was a long thread.

BiscuitEater
09-08-2017, 06:34 PM
Sideline reporter is a smoke show but that pic against the wall is very unprofessional if it was taken for professional reasons. I see why she's covering Ruston and not a big time market.

Unprofessional or not, she can come over and cover 'my market' any time she wants!

Dawg61
09-08-2017, 06:38 PM
you must be joking ... she looked totally professional to me. I read through 7 pages and then quit, man that was a long thread.

That's Jenny Dell, she is married to Will Middlebrooks and used to be the NESN reporter for the Red Sox.

TrapGame
09-08-2017, 06:41 PM
It seems the consensus is they beat us by 3. But, there are a few sane posters that who are telling others to pump the breaks.

I really hope we break their hearts like a bad prom date.

msbulldog
09-08-2017, 07:16 PM
http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?139694-Week-2-Mississippi-State-(9-9)-LOYAL-BLUE-OUT

They seem to think that the team we are bringing is the same one from 2008. They have an obscene amount of confidence for a team that was tied with a bad FCS team for 2.5 quarters. ~80% are predicting a win.

And if you don't care about all of that, there's a great picture of the Sideline reporter for this weeks game on page 3.

Your right about the sideline reporter.

Gutter Cobreh
09-08-2017, 07:29 PM
Anyone else take some sort of pride that opposing fans are scared of our defense, or is it just me?

Damn it feels good! Thanks Grantham for restoring that feeling!!!

Also, they seem to have some level-headed posters. They also have some, like we do here, that post strictly based on feelings.

Bothrops
09-08-2017, 07:54 PM
They can punch us in the mouth. They nearly beat A&M with Manziel over there. We have to treat this like a conference game to avoid that. We sure as hell better!

Dawg61
09-08-2017, 08:21 PM
They can punch us in the mouth. They nearly beat A&M with Manziel over there. We have to treat this like a conference game to avoid that. We sure as hell better!

That was like 4 QBs ago. They are starting J'Mar Smith from Meridian at QB this year. The guy we didn't offer a scholarship to. Both our #1 and #2 defense face a much better QB in practice every single day. I think we gonna be ok.

Commercecomet24
09-08-2017, 08:30 PM
Anyone else take some sort of pride that opposing fans are scared of our defense, or is it just me?

Damn it feels good! Thanks Grantham for restoring that feeling!!!

Also, they seem to have some level-headed posters. They also have some, like we do here, that post strictly based on feelings.

Absolutely! A nasty defense is what gives your team that inmidation factor. It appears we may have gotten our defense swag back!

Jack Lambert
09-08-2017, 09:14 PM

Manziel was what five years ago?

BeardoMSU
09-08-2017, 09:19 PM
Lol, aren't they adorable. Those poor mooks will be just like Ernest walking back to their cars at the end of the game...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tesSq-0yzog

Jack Lambert
09-08-2017, 09:20 PM
Slow walking with sad singing?

BeardoMSU
09-08-2017, 09:23 PM
Slow walking with sad singing?

Yeah, lol. I guess you were never a fan of Ernest P. Worrell?

3rdGen
09-08-2017, 09:42 PM
Jenny Dell....Lord hamercy!!!!!

TUSK
09-08-2017, 10:06 PM
For those that haven't looked, La Tech has exactly ZERO 4 and 5 star players.... and only 29 rated as 3 star....

Y'all should grind them into dust.

Commercecomet24
09-08-2017, 10:08 PM
Jenny Dell....Lord hamercy!!!!!

Now she's a 5 star if I've ever seen one!

Perpetual Underachiever
09-08-2017, 10:16 PM
Yeah, she's a five star. Lemme save yall a click...

http://i.imgur.com/AjChGW0.jpg

Commercecomet24
09-08-2017, 10:18 PM

Ok, ok she's the first 10 star.

TUSK
09-08-2017, 10:20 PM
Impact Player.

Commercecomet24
09-08-2017, 10:34 PM
Impact Player.

Without a doubt!

Cowbells
09-08-2017, 10:43 PM
From their board:

Re: Tickets Saturday
Quote Originally Posted by Dwayne From Minden View Post
I don't think Miss State will bring 5,000
I think it will be closer to 2,500
They are in the mighty SEC. 2.5K for a 4 hour drive to a road game would be absolutely PATHETIC. They have no hurricane/weather excuse this time.

Never occurs to them State fans aren't interested in going to their dinky stadium in Ruston, Lose-iana.....

Barkman Turner Overdrive
09-08-2017, 11:09 PM

I've met quite a few La Tech alums and none that I know would put LTU up above their beloved Corndogs. They are essentially Southern Miss with an engineering school in a town worse than Hattiesburg. Both LTU and Mississippi Southern love their purple and gold.

Dawgs87
09-08-2017, 11:55 PM
Did y'all read this thread? "I don't pick us to start 1-3. No way should we be underdogs to Miss State." That's a choice quote

http://www.latechbbb.com/forum/showthread.php?139554-Blue-Dawg-s-Weekly-Sagarin-Football-Thread-2017

Jack Lambert
09-09-2017, 12:06 AM
I've met quite a few La Tech alums and none that I know would put LTU up above their beloved Corndogs. They are essentially Southern Miss with an engineering school in a town worse than Hattiesburg. Both LTU and Mississippi Southern love their purple and gold.

Based by what their stadium configuration, if I was a engineering student I would ask for a refund. Looks like some engineer was playing tetris and lost.

Commercecomet24
09-09-2017, 12:17 AM
Based by what their stadium configuration, if I was a engineering student I would ask for a refund. Looks like some engineer was playing tetris and lost.

Dang, Jack you on a roll!

JoseBrown
09-09-2017, 12:30 AM

A good friend of mine graduated there, and he sports a neat little sticker on the back of his vehicle: LSU Alumni by choice, or something like that. I give him grief about it all the time.

BeardoMSU
09-09-2017, 12:30 AM

Ho. Lee. Sheet....

https://68.media.tumblr.com/e00f616d052432980af124cfdb997ded/tumblr_od6gvfziKb1tq4of6o1_400.gif

anubus
09-09-2017, 04:07 PM

Didn't light it up? Hope their team thinks like that

anubus
09-09-2017, 04:14 PM
Very nice......she definitely wins the day!!!!

Duckdog
09-10-2017, 12:53 PM
Well their thread sure went to shit. F those guys throwing shit at our players and the retards yelling sec and remember 2008 in the first 5 minutes of the game.

Bully13
09-10-2017, 01:02 PM
Well their thread sure went to shit. F those guys throwing shit at our players and the retards yelling sec and remember 2008 in the first 5 minutes of the game.

They threw shit ?

BulldogDX55
09-10-2017, 02:38 PM
As the originator of this thread, I felt it was my duty to go back and read it post game.

Summary: they give us no credit for the win. Very few acknowledge that we were simply that much better. They were ready to fire the coach and kick their QB off the team.

TUSK
09-10-2017, 02:58 PM
For those that haven't looked, La Tech has exactly ZERO 4 and 5 star players.... and only 29 rated as 3 star....

Y'all should grind them into dust.

Not everyone was throwing shade....

BulldogBear
09-10-2017, 03:00 PM
As the originator of this thread, I felt it was my duty to go back and read it post game.

Summary: they give us no credit for the win. Very few acknowledge that we were simply that much better. They were ready to fire the coach and kick their QB off the team.

They're the USM of Louisiana. What did we expect?

Commercecomet24
09-10-2017, 03:01 PM

It was like a cat toying with a mouse after the first 6 or 7 minutes when that emotional high every home underdog feels for a little bit til they get punched in the mouth. You weather the storm against the home dog til the talent trumps the emotion.