PDA

View Full Version : I finally did it......

Liverpooldawg
09-07-2017, 06:01 PM
I've been a newspaper reader since early Jr high. I'm in my 50s now. I've read the Daily Journal out of Tupelo for all but the 8 years I was off in school. I've been a continuous subscriber since about 1994. I let my subscription expire this month. That paper was basically nothing anymore. Their MSU guy does a decent job but I get everything he puts out elsewhere before he puts it out. Their coverage of UM/NCAA stuff has basically consisted of stuff the Ole Miss Spirit would have been happy to put out. The final straw was them giving over half their paper to USA Today. If I wanted what I consider to be one of the worst papers ever published I would subscribe to it. I'm kind of in morning and my morning routine has been disrupted, but enough was enough.

Commercecomet24
09-07-2017, 06:10 PM
Excellent decision!

RocketDawg
09-07-2017, 06:27 PM
Newspapers in general aren't what they used to be. The only decent ones with "real" reporting are in the large cities now.

Dawg61
09-07-2017, 07:19 PM
I'm kind of in morning and my morning routine has been disrupted, but enough was enough.

https://media.giphy.com/media/5xtDarlq6nrviGVugXm/giphy.gif

Liverpooldawg
09-07-2017, 07:23 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/5xtDarlq6nrviGVugXm/giphy.gif

Lol, you ain't bad, when you aren't a moderator. You are killing that board.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
09-07-2017, 08:09 PM
In related news CL have gone from over 130,000 subscribers to like 30,000 in the last 5 years.

JoseBrown
09-07-2017, 08:30 PM
Congrats!

Howboutdemdogs
09-08-2017, 04:15 AM
All subscriptions to news papers have been cancelled for at least 9 years. Now, get my morning coffee and news from my IPad. If I need local news, I can just look it up on the internet for free. Plus, I have more choices and opinions, and I am not "handcuffed" by the same reporters' narrative. I have always said that true power comes from owning and controlling what is put out in news print.

As for the USA Today, I don't get my free copy to their worthless liberal crap when I am on the road. It is only good for training puppies and lining bird cages.

TUSK
09-08-2017, 07:24 AM
Lol, you ain't bad, when you aren't a moderator. You are killing that board.

That's part of their "process", buddy... I don't blame ya for bailin'....

1bigdawg
09-08-2017, 07:55 AM
As for the USA Today, I don't get my free copy to their worthless liberal crap when I am on the road. It is only good for training puppies and lining bird cages.

I use a neighbor's CL for my charcoal starter.

Dawgology
09-08-2017, 08:35 AM
Do what I did, get an iPad and a subscription to NYT or CBS news. read local paper online through free views.

ETDawg
09-08-2017, 08:44 AM
All subscriptions to news papers have been cancelled for at least 9 years. Now, get my morning coffee and news from my IPad. If I need local news, I can just look it up on the internet for free. Plus, I have more choices and opinions, and I am not "handcuffed" by the same reporters' narrative. I have always said that true power comes from owning and controlling what is put out in news print.

I disagree. The crossword puzzles are great, especially to work during boring seminar speakers. :)

Howboutdemdogs
09-08-2017, 10:35 AM
I concur ET. And the sports section, FOR THE RECORD page.