PDA

View Full Version : New hype video

BulldogDX55
09-07-2017, 03:39 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tm5wfeoCgek

I recommend pausing the video for the crushing hits on their QB. You can see the pain on the poor guys face.

confucius say
09-07-2017, 03:50 PM
Bring back "Relentless"

TrapGame
09-07-2017, 04:06 PM
Better than the last one.

bostondawg
09-07-2017, 04:08 PM
This was awesome. Low key.

BeardoMSU
09-07-2017, 04:08 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOZbfgZiks4

TStationDawg
09-07-2017, 04:14 PM
yeah, sorry hailstate production folks. This quantity vs quality excuse you rolled out isn't cutting it. I haven't seen an increase in frequency, just a noticeable cut in quality.

Dawg61
09-07-2017, 04:17 PM
Weak, too much of the new radio guy. I like him and he has a good radio voice but let's keep him off the HYPE videos please.

Dawgowar
09-07-2017, 04:22 PM
Better than the last one.

Maybe they lost the talent that was doing these. These efforts are weak. Music selection blows.

BeardoMSU
09-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Maybe they lost the talent that was doing these.

We went from Francis Coppola, to Sofia Coppola**

Dawgowar
09-07-2017, 04:36 PM
Anyone know what nonstudent type runs this effort?

Reason2succeed
09-07-2017, 04:38 PM
I thought it was just me. I used to anticipate the hype video each week. I'm hoping they can get their act together. They're almost Croom level.

Dawgtini
09-07-2017, 04:52 PM
Thanks. I thought it was really good. will and did watch again.

Dawg61
09-07-2017, 04:53 PM
Music selection blows.

Guarantee MSU is trying to save a buck here. Larry Templeton is running the hype videos budget.

Drugdog
09-07-2017, 05:36 PM
Wouldn't motivate me to pick up a hundred dollar bill off the ground. My wife just watched it and said Madison Central videos are better!
Come on, we can do better than this!

mstatefan91
09-07-2017, 05:39 PM
The videos didn't get good in 2014 until we beat LSU. Gotta get wins against big competition to get real hype guys.

3rdGen
09-07-2017, 05:40 PM
Hev must be recruiting the video producers now too****

Perpetual Underachiever
09-07-2017, 06:20 PM
yeah, sorry hailstate production folks. This quantity vs quality excuse you rolled out isn't cutting it. I haven't seen an increase in frequency, just a noticeable cut in quality.

Agree completely. No increase in quantity, and decrease in quality. Last year we got a weekly 20 minute excellently produced "Relentless" episode, and 2-3 minute hype videos for each opponent right? So if there supposed to being creating more content then we could reasonably expect one of these 1-2 minute videos daily? Hopefully they'll step it up as these seasons progressive, because this $hit is Busch league.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIfF1YyUMAA8_vK.jpg:large

RocketDawg
09-07-2017, 06:43 PM
Looked and sounded fine to me.

Dawgowar
09-07-2017, 06:57 PM
Okay, here is where I am coming from and why.

1. Old farts like me get blasted by some on these forums for not letting the younger types advance the program in the modern era. The video department and the marketing folks really did a great job from day one hyping the 2014 team (2014 was the video department's first year) - they were new but closed the gap quickly and had some of us children of the 70's and 80's nodding our headphone covered ears to the editing and content of those videos. I used to forward these to colleges at work in Texas and they ate them up. One of their daughters is now got us on her short list for Vet School. May not seem like a big thing but how many students do those 'State to Sunday' billboards in Seattle and Philly get us? 4 Star recruits from those areas? 2 star guys? The point is those products got me to use social media for it's intended purpose and help the school in a very minute way. These products need to be good for that to continue.

2. Relentless - UNM and I think most of our SEC competitors continue to produce these shows. Their's are slick and well done. Our 1-2 minute clips are like B-Rolls shown on local news when they say 'Next up football with Joe Bob Dork and your Action 10 Sports Desk'.

3. Forgive me but this so smacks of Larry Templeton - it just looks like the old "What's wrong, we operate in the black and I put new lightbulbs in the bathrooms this season." The marketing department had been proof we were really pushing to the front of promoting ourselves. So when I see these efforts got south it concerns me. I wrote a polite letter to who I think is the responsible department head and will leave it at that. Ranting at City hall won't move the needle on this one and I am not a social media warrior like some.

Todd4State
09-07-2017, 07:08 PM
Okay, here is where I am coming from and why.

1. Old farts like me get blasted by some on these forums for not letting the younger types advance the program in the modern era. The video department and the marketing folks really did a great job from day one hyping the 2014 team (2014 was the video department's first year) - they were new but closed the gap quickly and had some of us children of the 70's and 80's nodding our headphone covered ears to the editing and content of those videos. I used to forward these to colleges at work in Texas and they ate them up. One of their daughters is now got us on her short list for Vet School. May not seem like a big thing but how many students do those 'State to Sunday' billboards in Seattle and Philly get us? 4 Star recruits from those areas? 2 star guys? The point is those products got me to use social media for it's intended purpose and help the school in a very minute way. These products need to be good for that to continue.

2. Relentless - UNM and I think most of our SEC competitors continue to produce these shows. Their's are slick and well done. Our 1-2 minute clips are like B-Rolls shown on local news when they say 'Next up football with Joe Bob Dork and your Action 10 Sports Desk'.

3. Forgive me but this so smacks of Larry Templeton - it just looks like the old "What's wrong, we operate in the black and I put new lightbulbs in the bathrooms this season." The marketing department had been proof we were really pushing to the front of promoting ourselves. So when I see these efforts got south it concerns me. I wrote a polite letter to who I think is the responsible department head and will leave it at that. Ranting at City hall won't move the needle on this one and I am not a social media warrior like some.

Well said. I don't want to watch our players dance around in front of a flashing sign that says Starkvegas.

War Machine Dawg
09-07-2017, 10:10 PM
Well said. I don't want to watch our players dance around in front of a flashing sign that says Starkvegas.

Glad I wasn't the only one annoyed by that. I don't mind pushing the whole "Starkvegas" concept, but the flashing sign was just way to busy and distracting from the players' names & school. There was nothing wrong with the old intro vids we were using. I could see making a new tweak or two each season, but there was no need for a wholesale change. And for the record, I'd identify as part of the so-called younger crowd, so it's not just the "old farts" who think this stuff is going south.

This is exactly the type of thing I was worried about when we hired Cohen. There just seems to be a little too much old school, woe-is-Em-Ess-Yoo, we're a "poor" school in the SEC and should just enjoy being here mentality all of a sudden. While I think Cohen will be great at emphasizing on the field results from our athletics, the rest is a major concern. Don't give us chicken shit and tell us it's chicken salad.

Gutter Cobreh
09-07-2017, 11:04 PM
Makes you wonder if Stricklin was producing and editing the Relentless videos himself, as the quality drop seems to coincide with his departure.

Todd4State
09-07-2017, 11:44 PM
Glad I wasn't the only one annoyed by that. I don't mind pushing the whole "Starkvegas" concept, but the flashing sign was just way to busy and distracting from the players' names & school. There was nothing wrong with the old intro vids we were using. I could see making a new tweak or two each season, but there was no need for a wholesale change. And for the record, I'd identify as part of the so-called younger crowd, so it's not just the "old farts" who think this stuff is going south.

This is exactly the type of thing I was worried about when we hired Cohen. There just seems to be a little too much old school, woe-is-Em-Ess-Yoo, we're a "poor" school in the SEC and should just enjoy being here mentality all of a sudden. While I think Cohen will be great at emphasizing on the field results from our athletics, the rest is a major concern. Don't give us chicken shit and tell us it's chicken salad.

I just think that Cohen and Stricklin are opposites. Cohen is competitive and values winning on the field. I have no problem with that. But he's just not great at marketing and I think he leaves it to the video people and it could be that he doesn't necessarily understand the importance of it and thinks that's maybe that's a good place to cut money. Or maybe the marketing people are taking advantage of his lack of knowledge in that arena. I'm not sure what the case is.

Stricklin was great at marketing but I think he catered to the coaches too much- and pretty much let some coaches like Dan just do whatever the hell they wanted to do.

While I certainly enjoyed Relentless and wish it was back- I'd rather have a 10 win a year football team and National Championship caliber baseball program than an awesome hype video team. That said, I think we can and should have both a top notch video department and high caliber winning sports teams.

I'll just say this- it's pretty embarrassing that USM has a coach's show right now and we don't. Cohen needs to let that sink in and either give them more money or hire better people. And I don't think it's the people doing the videos that are the problem personally.

KentuckyDawg13
09-08-2017, 08:22 AM
Better than last week's, which was horrible. At least they are going in the right direction, most likely done by students and they will get the hang of it.

War Machine Dawg
09-08-2017, 09:20 AM
I just think that Cohen and Stricklin are opposites. Cohen is competitive and values winning on the field. I have no problem with that. But he's just not great at marketing and I think he leaves it to the video people and it could be that he doesn't necessarily understand the importance of it and thinks that's maybe that's a good place to cut money. Or maybe the marketing people are taking advantage of his lack of knowledge in that arena. I'm not sure what the case is.

Stricklin was great at marketing but I think he catered to the coaches too much- and pretty much let some coaches like Dan just do whatever the hell they wanted to do.

While I certainly enjoyed Relentless and wish it was back- I'd rather have a 10 win a year football team and National Championship caliber baseball program than an awesome hype video team. That said, I think we can and should have both a top notch video department and high caliber winning sports teams.

I'll just say this- it's pretty embarrassing that USM has a coach's show right now and we don't. Cohen needs to let that sink in and either give them more money or hire better people. And I don't think it's the people doing the videos that are the problem personally.

+1, Rep given

mstatefan91
09-08-2017, 01:06 PM
This isn't done by students. The same guy who did them in 2014 is still here working on them now.

We beat LSU, and you will see an awesome hype video. Beating CSU is not worthy of going over the top. Just my 2 cents on that

Now, the relentless series being gone. That's a decision that comes from above the video production guys. Write emails to Cohen and others that you want it back.

DudyDawg
09-08-2017, 02:08 PM
Better than last week's, which was horrible. At least they are going in the right direction, most likely done by students and they will get the hang of it.

it isnt done by students.

BulldogDX55
09-08-2017, 02:33 PM
This isn't done by students. The same guy who did them in 2014 is still here working on them now.

We beat LSU, and you will see an awesome hype video. Beating CSU is not worthy of going over the top. Just my 2 cents on that

Now, the relentless series being gone. That's a decision that comes from above the video production guys. Write emails to Cohen and others that you want it back.

Basically this. Does anyone remember the hype videos before LSU week in 2014? I sure don't.