PDA

View Full Version : Mr Not A Fan Say: OM Should De- Emphasize Egg Bowl

ShotgunDawg
09-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Says the rivalry has become too toxic.

So let me get this straight..... they cheat their ass off, steal our recruits, steal everyone else's recruits, and we still beat their ass , but the rivalry is too toxic on our end?

Hmmm. Ok

Mimi's Babies
09-07-2017, 12:19 PM
GTHOM

Dawgfan77
Only want that cause they know winter is coming

Tripp McNeely
That's awesome! He's right though. I'd deemphasize too if I was going to lose 90% of those games over the next 10 years

Todd4State
09-07-2017, 12:21 PM
They usually start this crap before something major hits. It could just be because of the COI hearing next week though.

But yeah- it cracks me up that they do all of this crap to us- like getting State fans fired from their jobs or sueing State fans for making fun of their shitty team.

Commercecomet24
That bunch is a piece of work. They want to de emphasize it now cause we are about to own them for at least a decade on top of what Dan has already done to them. Lol at that idiot!

Howboutdemdogs
JMO, they can blow it out their ass. Like a kid whistling in the dark to convince himself that they are not scared, after all that has and will go down, Ole Piss is just looking for self justification.

IMissJack
09-07-2017, 12:22 PM
I think the egg bowl losses by Nutt are what propelled them into this situation. Did he mention emphasizing the Vandy rivalry? I won't read his musings.

Other than in state pride, the reason the egg bowl will always be an important game is that usually OM or MSU need that win to ensure a bowl.

RougeDawg
09-07-2017, 12:23 PM
He's a little late to the party. They already did it before thanksgiving 2016.

SailingDawg
09-07-2017, 12:35 PM
Funny, a couple of years ago they were saying they should drop us because we're beneath them now, with their Sugar Bowl win, etc.

Article Link (https://olehottytoddy.com/2016/07/08/ole-miss-needs-dump-state/)

TUSK
09-07-2017, 12:36 PM
"De-emphasize"... That's weak... Pat Dye would suggest they just move to the SECE.

Besides, "toxicity" is what makes a rivalry....

Commercecomet24
09-07-2017, 12:38 PM
Funny, a couple of years ago they were saying they should drop us because we're beneath them now, with their Sugar Bowl win, etc.

Article Link (https://olehottytoddy.com/2016/07/08/ole-miss-needs-dump-state/)

It is funny. The only reason they were even equal to us was because they were cheating their butts off. If they hadn't Dan would've owned them even more and would've left them in the dust.

Commercecomet24
09-07-2017, 12:39 PM
"De-emphasize"... That's weak... Pat Dye would suggest they just move to the SECE.

Besides, "toxicity" is what makes a rivalry....

Exactly! Without its just another game.

JDog13
09-07-2017, 12:49 PM
So McCready calls us retards, rednecks, toothless, and all other sorts of stuff...

Then says it's too toxic?

This guy really is the champion of self awareness.

smootness
09-07-2017, 12:50 PM
That's awesome! He's right though. I'd deemphasize too if I was going to lose 90% of those games over the next 10 years

Why can't I like this more than once?

TrapGame
09-07-2017, 01:00 PM
So, is LSU still their real rival? I'm confused.**

LC Dawg
09-07-2017, 01:07 PM
We should be the ones deemphasizing the Egg Bowl since our opponent will soon be lower tier Conference USA quality.

Dawgology
09-07-2017, 01:25 PM
It will certainly be de-emphasized with they join CUSA. I guess their real rival can be USM then.

Dawgology
09-07-2017, 01:25 PM
We should be the ones deemphasizing the Egg Bowl since our opponent will soon be lower tier Conference USA quality.

Dammit. Great minds and all that.

notsofarawaydawg
09-07-2017, 01:28 PM
GTHOM

FIFY

JoseBrown
09-07-2017, 01:48 PM
So McCready calls us retards, rednecks, toothless, and all other sorts of stuff...

Then says it's too toxic?

This guy really is the champion of self awareness.

I listened to the first few minutes of Brooks' show today. He mentioned not only de-emphasizing, but that their team shouldn't go collect the Golden Egg if they beat us. So de-emphasize and ignore the Egg Bowl, stay classy you bunch of Shitbirds!!!

That Umiss homer, Brooks, can't get off the radio fast enough in the noon hour for me. I enjoyed the show until he started being his true homer self. Oh, and Chris, all the vitriol comes from you guys. We just make fun of you. If you don't wanna be part of a rivalry, then bow out, jackass!

Honestly, it would be fine with me if we could just drop those assholes. It happens every year in every sport. If you best them in a sport, then they aren't a fan of that sport anyway. Doesn't matter what sport either.

Bothrops
09-07-2017, 01:57 PM
Shitbirds of a feather flock together.

Reason2succeed
09-07-2017, 02:09 PM
They're about to be de-emphasizing more than just the Egg Bowl. They're about to be de-emphasizing football all together. Maybe that's what they meant by "it's all wbb and Track".

Commercecomet24
09-07-2017, 02:13 PM
They're about to be de-emphasizing more than just the Egg Bowl. They're about to be de-emphasizing football all together. Maybe that's what they meant by "it's all wbb and Track".

Yep! They're about to become a "baseball school" lol

ElectroDawg
09-07-2017, 02:17 PM
https://s19.postimg.org/sbxbtcwvn/giphy-18.gif

I just love the taste of Ole Miss tears.

CowbellClanga
09-07-2017, 02:22 PM
17 'em.

BeardoMSU
09-07-2017, 02:27 PM
Eat a dick, Neal.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7b/82/35/7b823574d31b1c9407c4fa2170aa0d9e.gif

LC Dawg
09-07-2017, 02:35 PM

They've had their little taste of being on top in the state in baseball but we are back on top where we belong. They are now a softball school (and they make fun of us for getting excited about our women's basketball team ending the longest win streak in the nation in the championship semifinals).

MSUDAWGFAN
09-07-2017, 02:47 PM
That's awesome! He's right though. I'd deemphasize too if I was going to lose 100% of those games over the next 10 years

FIFY

Commercecomet24
09-07-2017, 03:09 PM
They've had their little taste of being on top in the state in baseball but we are back on top where we belong. They are now a softball school (and they make fun of us for getting excited about our women's basketball team ending the longest win streak in the nation in the championship semifinals).

Agreed.

HaggardDawg
09-07-2017, 08:55 PM
Unfortunately I just listened to a hour of Neal's podcast. He's says both teams are embarrassing themselves and we should be worried about being replaced in the sec. Can someone tell me what we've done that's embarrassing besides being more successful than most of the schools in this conference over the last decade in multiple sports? He still says it's Leo's fault they're in trouble. Ha!

ShotgunDawg
09-07-2017, 10:02 PM
Eat a dick, Neal.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/7b/82/35/7b823574d31b1c9407c4fa2170aa0d9e.gif

For better or worse, I can't stop watching this

beretta
09-07-2017, 10:46 PM
known as the 'gentlemen's racists' as I was told.....was told by one of Neal's pledges that he wasn't the guy hazing, but the guy behind him telling them what to do...so 'I'm not a fan' explains everything...

BeardoMSU
09-07-2017, 10:55 PM

I know what you mean. Unfortunately, I couldn't find a similar .gif starring a bald guy...that'd have been more representative of the "true Neal"...

Ari Gold
09-08-2017, 07:27 AM
Holy fukcing shit .. the more their media honks talk and tweet the worse it gets for them .
What a ****ing embarrassment they are to this state, this conference and college football in general.

Dear OM,
Outside of Oxford, some of the brainwashed media and that cult fan base of yours NO ONE gives a **** about OM.
Seriously no one likes you anyway. Just ask around the conference .
And it's not because you are relevant it's because your whole persona screams asshole.. no other teams fans like you. Except maybe Vandy since they do get to play and beat you every other year.

Drop the egg bowl , shit leave the conference. No one will give a shit. We can find some other team to bring in that everyone can also beat.

Play USM the last game of the year. Call it the Freeze Bowl. He graduated from there. And he was/is the POS that everyone at OM worshiped . Instead of an Golden Egg use a Stripper Pole. Make it look like the XFL. USM could damn sure use the help attendance wise.

TUSK
09-08-2017, 07:34 AM
Holy fukcing shit .. the more their media honks talk and tweet the worse it gets for them .
What a ****ing embarrassment they are to this state, this conference and college football in general.

Dear OM,
Outside of Oxford, some of the brainwashed media and that cult fan base of yours NO ONE gives a **** about OM.
And it's not because you are relevant it's because your whole persona basically screams asshole.. no other teams fans like you. Except maybe Vandy since they do get to play and beat you every other year.

Drop the egg bowl , shit leave the conference. No one will give a shit. We can find some other team to bring in that everyone can also beat.

Play USM the last game of the year. Call it the Freeze Bowl. He graduated from there. And he was/is the POS that everyone at OM worshiped . Instead of an Golden Egg use a Stripper Pole. Make it look like the XFL. USM could damn sure use the help attendance wise.

there's a lot of truth in this^ post....

Bully75
09-08-2017, 11:25 AM

Dear OM,
And it's not because you are relevant it's because your whole persona screams asshole.. no other teams fans like you. Except maybe Vandy since they do get to play and beat you every other year.

This is near classic............Thanks. Love the stripper pole reference.......Outstanding.

Commercecomet24
09-08-2017, 11:37 AM

Dear OM,

Right on!

DeputyDawg94
09-08-2017, 12:11 PM
If HE. IS. NOT. A. FAN. then why the hell does he care about the rivalry? He is what the rest of the conference thinks tsun is, arrogant pricks.

JoseBrown
09-08-2017, 12:56 PM

Dear OM,

Ari, this is 17'n Gold! I agree wholeheartedly. I'm not gonna admit to watching that dick .gif more than once, publicly, but will to reading this post more than once. Well done!

War Machine Dawg
09-08-2017, 01:42 PM

This thread needs a NSFW label with that GIF.

TrapGame
09-08-2017, 02:04 PM

This is Elite Dawgs, potentially every thread is NSFW.**

Mimi's Babies
09-08-2017, 02:30 PM

Maybe not.

BeardoMSU
09-08-2017, 03:06 PM

Sorry about that, lol.

SailingDawg
09-08-2017, 05:28 PM
Past fifty years, OM against their real rivals.

17 wins against LSU
8 wins against Alabama
29 wins against Miss State, 15-15 the last 30 years.

We're their real rival.