PDA

View Full Version : Myles Garrett Already Hurt

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2017, 05:31 PM
https://twitter.com/nbcsports/status/905549328009367552

This was my issue with taking him number 1 overall. I realize he's unbelievably talented but the guy never dominated at A&M because he was always nicked up, never 100%.

I'm not sure if Garrett is just fragile or doesn't really love football, but he never really overwhelmed me at A&M and, although he had the measurables, never felt like a #1 overall pick.

For such a talented guy, did he ever take over a game at A&M?

Bass Chaser
09-06-2017, 06:00 PM
Stats don't always tell you how much a guy affects the game.

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2017, 06:10 PM

But when you play against him for three years & never really fear him, it does

Homedawg
09-06-2017, 06:22 PM

Tells me a lot when he's not even in the game.

BigEasyDawg
09-06-2017, 06:32 PM
I remember watching one of Fitz short TD runs againt AM last year and Garrett was getting blocked so he just stood up and watched Fitz go in the end zone. He has all the measurements and gifts in the world, but I think he is a really smart guy who things about a lot of things and football is not the highest on his passions.

ShotgunDawg
09-06-2017, 07:22 PM
I remember watching one of Fitz short TD runs againt AM last year and Garrett was getting blocked so he just stood up and watched Fitz go in the end zone. He has all the measurements and gifts in the world, but I think he is a really smart guy who things about a lot of things and football is not the highest on his passions.

This

TUSK
09-06-2017, 08:03 PM
Javon Kearse & Jadaveon Clowney approve this thread.

Dallas_Dawg
09-06-2017, 09:00 PM
Never forget that picture of Brandon Holloway trying to block Garrett. Looked like me trying to block Yao Ming

Dallas_Dawg
09-06-2017, 09:01 PM
Javon Kearse & Jadaveon Clowney approve this thread.

Kearse was great for about two years. Clowney was great last year but needs to keep it up to not be considered a bust.
Garrett plays for Cleveland so he's 17'd anyway

Jack Lambert
09-06-2017, 09:09 PM
Never forget that picture of Brandon Holloway trying to block Garrett. Looked like me trying to block Yao Ming

Yeah Garrett was lucky he didn't get hurt.

TimberBeast
09-06-2017, 09:56 PM
Kearse was great for about two years. Clowney was great last year but needs to keep it up to not be considered a bust.
Garrett plays for Cleveland so he's 17'd anyway

Clowney was the first one I thought of when I saw this thread. Incredible player but when he basically sat out a season in college to go pro, that told me all I needed to know.

Beaver
09-07-2017, 08:14 AM
https://twitter.com/nbcsports/status/905549328009367552

This was my issue with taking him number 1 overall. I realize he's unbelievably talented but the guy never dominated at A&M because he was always nicked up, never 100%.

I'm not sure if Garrett is just fragile or doesn't really love football, but he never really overwhelmed me at A&M and, although he had the measurables, never felt like a #1 overall pick.

For such a talented guy, did he ever take over a game at A&M?

Yep. I felt the same way. I think Derek Barnett from UT will have a better career. He'll be lined up alongside Fletcher Cox a bunch this season.

ShotgunDawg
09-07-2017, 08:23 AM
Yep. I felt the same way. I think Derek Barnett from UT will have a better career. He'll be lined up alongside Fletcher Cox a bunch this season.

Agree. Barnett was more active on gameday than Garrett. He always showed up