PDA

View Full Version : Looking at LaTech Stats

TrapGame
09-05-2017, 11:25 AM
I noticed LaTech was only up by 7 going into the 4th quarter. The NWS Demons were keeping it close for three and a third quarters. Then J'Mar does his Joe Montana impression for 12 minutes on totally gassed Demons' defense.

I'm not as worried about this one as some of you are. Yeah, we've had our moments in recent memory with LaTech but NWS is way worse than CSU.

Dawgs 45
LaTech 13

Dental Dawg33
09-05-2017, 11:28 AM
We will win by no less than 17 points

PMDawg
09-05-2017, 11:54 AM
I wasn't nervous at all. Then vegas posted the spread, and Sagarin favors us by 1. Now I'm questioning. Plus, playing at a dead stadium with 15,000 fans is Ruston is a bit concerning.

TrapGame
09-05-2017, 12:02 PM
I wasn't nervous at all. Then vegas posted the spread, and Sagarin favors us by 1. Now I'm questioning. Plus, playing at a dead stadium with 15,000 fans is Ruston is a bit concerning.

Too many people are basing this season off last season. Repeat of 2014 all over again.

msbulldog
09-05-2017, 12:21 PM

I'll be there with cowbell locked and loaded.

Cary Hudson's little bro
09-05-2017, 01:23 PM
I wish I could bet $25k on us to cover a 1 pt spread...anything can happen, but that's a gimme

PMDawg
09-05-2017, 01:30 PM
I wish I could bet $25k on us to cover a 1 pt spread...anything can happen, but that's a gimme

If it's at 6, you should be able to tease it pretty close to 1. Keep us updated.

Bully13
09-05-2017, 01:32 PM
Link to box score/stats?

TrapGame
09-05-2017, 01:35 PM
Link to box score/stats?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/stats/_/id/2348

and

http://www.espn.com/college-football/game?gameId=400938593

TrapGame
09-05-2017, 01:39 PM
Just watched some video of 4th quarter play with J'Mar throwing tds and that NWS defense is tired as hell. No speed, whiffing on tackles left and right and giving receivers three/four yard cushions.

And the Demons put up 389 yards on Tech's D.

starkvegasdawg
09-05-2017, 01:57 PM
Reading the la tech game thread from their board, the game was not won until the other team's d line started cramping up late in the game and just couldn't go. Before then the la tech o line was not doing very well at all.

BB30
09-05-2017, 01:57 PM

Never bet on State if you like your money either way they can find a way to surprise you.

Commercecomet24
09-05-2017, 02:09 PM
Our D plays like they did Saturday and jmar will be running for his life. Their ol will not hold up against the way we played Saturday

Maroonthirteen
09-05-2017, 02:10 PM
I don't know what it is about Louisiana Tech. But I don't like their sorry asres. Maybe it goes back to the 80s when we squeaked by them. Or when they came in to our stadium in the 90s and won. Their fans had the NERVE To cheer and yell for their victory. It just really upset me something fierce when we lost in 2008 and Pegues got hurt. Maybe it's because they had jerseys that looked like Ole lil Sis. I don't know. But I don't like them.

Troy..17 you too! I hope we beat the crap out of Tech.

Commercecomet24
09-05-2017, 02:14 PM
I don't know what it is about Louisiana Tech. But I don't like their sorry asres. Maybe it goes back to the 80s when we squeaked by them. Or when they came in to our stadium in the 90s and won. Their fans had the NERVE To cheer and yell for their victory. It just really upset me something fierce. Maybe it's because they had jerseys that looked like little sis. I don't know. But I don't like him. Them and Troy….... I hope we beat the crap out of Tech.

And don't forget billy brewer came from there to the bears, just another reason for dislike

TrapGame
09-05-2017, 02:16 PM
Our D plays like they did Saturday and jmar will be running for his life. Their ol will not hold up against the way we played Saturday

I see us pounding ATrain and Kylin most of the first half with a pass here and there. I don't think their OL can push back our front four. J'Mar will throw at least two picks because of the pressure in his face.

Commercecomet24
09-05-2017, 02:20 PM
I see us pounding ATrain and Kylin most of the first half with a pass here and there. I don't think their OL can push back our front four. J'Mar will throw at least two picks because of the pressure in his face.

Agree on all. Their run d is not good at all.

Maroonthirteen
09-05-2017, 02:23 PM

I agree that we should do what you suggest.

If we get up two scores, Dan is working on the passing game. Book it.

TrapGame
09-05-2017, 02:33 PM
I agree that we should do what you suggest.

If we get up two scores, Dan is working on the passing game. Book it.

And I probably wouldn't blame him since NWS put up 256 yards of passing on Tech. It's not like they have lock down corners.

I'm a run first guy but I can see Dan coming out of the gate with heavy passing Saturday night and running the second half when we're up 3/4 tds.

Howboutdemdogs
09-05-2017, 03:30 PM
It the last 12 hours, the line has moved from -61/2 to -8 with a lot of Vegas outlets. By Thursday, it should move to -91/2 or -10. Bottom line, nobody wants La Tech.

deltadawg99
09-05-2017, 03:30 PM
We just can't let them hang around or get any momentum going.

I think they'll come out trying to throw on us. They've got a good side OL that has some experience. I think they have 3 returning starters but the new starters all played last year.

Their DL is not very big at all. I think their heaviest guy is 285 or something like that. If we can't push her around and wear them down, we're in trouble come SECplay.