PDA

View Full Version : Odd Away Games

Reason2succeed
09-04-2017, 09:10 AM
Last week we discussed our future trip to Troy. Well, Oklahoma State is playing at South Alabama and Miami (the U not the imposter we played in a bowl last year) is playing at Arkansas State.

I'm just saying that we aren't the only ones taking these weird away games. I'm glad ours are still in our region unlike these games.

BulldogBear
09-04-2017, 12:52 PM
Last week we discussed our future trip to Troy. Well, Oklahoma State is playing at South Alabama and Miami (the U not the imposter we played in a bowl last year) is playing at Arkansas State.

I'm just saying that we aren't the only ones taking these weird away games. I'm glad ours are still in our region unlike these games.

But are those home and homes?

My beef in the thread I started to complain about it wasn't that we were playing @Troy as much as it was that why wasn't a two for one deal. It's true that there are probably only 8-12 schools that would never have to play on the road at a G5 school. Those same ones probably wouldn't play on the road against P5 schools likke WF, Duke, NW, WSU either. Those same schools would probably want a 2 for 1 to play in Starkville, Corvallis, Nashville, or Lawrence. BUT I would say that's about the same difference between us and the likes of Troy. Why in the world are we scheduling a home and home with them?

Offshore Dawg
09-04-2017, 01:53 PM
But are those home and homes?

My beef in the thread I started to complain about it wasn't that we were playing @Troy as much as it was that why wasn't a two for one deal. It's true that there are probably only 8-12 schools that would never have to play on the road at a G5 school. Those same ones probably wouldn't play on the road against P5 schools likke WF, Duke, NW, WSU either. Those same schools would probably want a 2 for 1 to play in Starkville, Corvallis, Nashville, or Lawrence. BUT I would say that's about the same difference between us and the likes of Troy. Why in the world are we scheduling a home and home with them?

Bear, I am sure that it all boils down to money. Dawgs don't have enough to be overly picky

Reason2succeed
09-04-2017, 06:40 PM
Bear, I am sure that it all boils down to money. Dawgs don't have enough to be overly picky

Probably money and fans. Those teams like Notre Dame, USCw, Ohio State, and Texas also have National fanbases that would overrun the small stadiums at these schools. Literally, there would be more Irish fans at the other schools Home game. It would make no sense. That's probably part of the reason why we are playing in New Orleans. I don't know
how many Ragin Cajuns actually exist.