PDA

View Full Version : Tony Buzbee, member of the board of regents at TAMU just went nuclear in public...

Coach007
09-03-2017, 11:26 PM
I'm sure I may be criticized for this post but I honestly don't care. I've been on the Board of Regents for the A&M System for almost seven years. During that time, I've not once commented on Kevin Sumlin and his performance during his tenure at our school. I never said a word when he and his agent manipulated a much bigger and longer contract. I said nothing about his arrogance and his mishandling of multiple player controversies. I said nothing when we had multiple awesome recruiting classes, only to see key players leave our school or underperform. But tonight I am very disappointed and I have to say this. Kevin Sumlin was out-coached tonight, which isn't new. He recruits well, but can't coach the big games, or the close games. Our players were better tonight. Our players were more talented tonight. But our coaches were dominated on national TV, yet again. I'm only one vote on the Board of Regents but when the time comes my vote will be that Kevin Sumlin needs to GO. In my view he should go now. We owe it to our school and our players. We can do better.
Share this as you see fit.

It's over for Sumlin

starkvegasdawg
09-03-2017, 11:56 PM
That'll make the Monday staff meeting awkward.

Reason2succeed
09-04-2017, 12:02 AM
Who don't want/get? Is Chip Kelly really on his way to the SEC?

HSVDawg
09-04-2017, 12:06 AM
That'll make the Monday staff meeting awkward.

Really? I would have thought the whole "blow a 34 point lead in 19 minutes" thing would make it slightly more awkward.

nsvltndog
09-04-2017, 12:12 AM
I'd rather see Chip Kelly at Florida, but Sumlin got the Aggies out in front for that race tonight.

shoeless joe
09-04-2017, 07:57 AM
Hugh freeze is available

Jack Lambert
09-04-2017, 08:23 AM
Hugh freeze is available

For a few weeks.

Dawg61
09-04-2017, 08:28 AM
I'd rather see Chip Kelly at Florida, but Sumlin got the Aggies out in front for that race tonight.

I'm not scared of Chip Kelly at all. His players all hate him and Saban will make him his bitch. Plus he will keep aTm having a Pac12 joke defense so bring him on I say. His soft Oregon style offense isn't gonna work in the SEC West.

Coach007
09-04-2017, 08:57 AM
Mullin will be projected the top candidate

Bucky Dog
09-04-2017, 09:02 AM
Guys, y'all need to get over the Mullen to anywhere! I promise you he will be far down the list at A&M so let's do ourselves a favor and not even start down that road of creating our own unnecessary distractions this year!

They will have to lose out on guys such as Kelly, Stoops, Patterson, and Scott Frost, who I think personally is who they go after, before they even consider Mullen.

StoneDawg
09-04-2017, 09:02 AM
Delete

StoneDawg
09-04-2017, 09:03 AM
Mullin will be projected the top candidate

🙄🤔

Dawgology
09-04-2017, 09:37 AM
����

That does seem to be the narrative that tsun would want to push. For obvious reasons.

gravedigger
09-04-2017, 09:47 AM
It's over for Sumlin

If I'm a fellow member of the board of reagents, we have a meeting and discuss Buzbee's future with it.

Got to be above that.

Bully13
09-04-2017, 09:48 AM
Regardless of whether the comments are spot on, that's unprofessional to do that publicly.

bluelightstar
09-04-2017, 12:32 PM
If I'm a fellow member of the board of reagents, we have a meeting and discuss Buzbee's future with it.

Got to be above that.

Agreed. Remarkable lack of professionalism and judgment for a member of the BOR to do that. Leave it to the message board gurus and Twitter warriors.

Political Hack
09-04-2017, 12:39 PM
of that was a board member at state, I'd be calling for their head. You don't air stuff like that publicly when you're a big boy.

MabenMaroon
09-04-2017, 01:17 PM

Got to be above that.

Being a third gen Aggie, I have been disgusted at the powers that be since right around the time they came in to the SEC. So much so, that I was rooting for UCLA to pull off the comeback. They treated both RC Slocum and Mike Sherman like cold dog poo and had they been patient and stayed put they would have eventually come out from under tu's shadow. They wanted to tackle too much too fast and are out of control right now, they don't represent the TAMU I grew up pulling for and attended for 3 years .
(btw: before any snide remarks are posted, I graduated MSU and have been a naturalized Bulldog for over 35 years and have put and pulled for the Mississippi maroon first since then )