PDA

View Full Version : Bama Loses Two LBs for the Season

ShotgunDawg
09-03-2017, 05:16 PM
AL.com's Matt Zenitz is reporting that both Christian Miller and Terrell Lewis are going to miss the rest of the season with injuries they sustained against the Seminoles.
Miller, a redshirt junior listed as Alabama's starter at strongside linebacker on the depth chart, reportedly suffered a torn biceps muscle. Lewis, a sophomore, reportedly tore a ligament in his elbow and is expected to undergo surgery to repair it on Tuesday.
Miller finished with three tackles on Saturday while Lewis had five.

They aren't the only two linebackers dinged up, either, as Zenitz also reports that inside linebacker Rashaan Evans missed the second half after picking up a groin injury, and outside backer Anfernee Jennings left the game with a sprained ankle.

RocketDawg
09-03-2017, 05:24 PM
Since Miller has already redshirted, can he get a medical redshirt?

TUSK
09-03-2017, 05:45 PM
Yep, I posted in another thread... Lewis was my pick for "breakout player" this year...

I'm hoping both will be able to take a Med RS, although it's likely academic (if they leave early)...

Dawgface
09-03-2017, 05:48 PM
They will just pull a couple of bodies off the shelf. Plug and play.

RocketDawg
09-03-2017, 05:50 PM
They will just pull a couple of bodies off the shelf. Plug and play.

Are you saying they have a couple 4.9-stars waiting in the wings? I tend to believe that ....

TUSK
09-03-2017, 05:57 PM
Are you saying they have a couple 4.9-stars waiting in the wings? I tend to believe that ....

Both those cats played the same position (Sam, MLB)... we'll prolly move Dylan Moses over and Ben Davis will see some opportunities, as well.... both "5 point ohs":D

Homedawg
09-03-2017, 06:01 PM
Since Miller has already redshirted, can he get a medical redshirt?

I've been over this about 1000 times. No. A redshirt is a redshirt. You get one. Depending on the situation he might be a candidate for a 6th year hardship two taotally different hints. But you can't apply for it u til after you have exhausted your eligibility. So in this case after hisb5th year. And odds are bama won't. If he's that good he's a pro otherwise they just punt and wish him best of luck.

RocketDawg
09-03-2017, 06:19 PM
Both those cats played the same position (Sam, MLB)... we'll prolly move Dylan Moses over and Ben Davis will see some opportunities, as well.... both "5 point ohs":D

Ha ... I should have known.

RocketDawg
09-03-2017, 06:20 PM
I've been over this about 1000 times. No. A redshirt is a redshirt. You get one. Depending on the situation he might be a candidate for a 6th year hardship two taotally different hints. But you can't apply for it u til after you have exhausted your eligibility. So in this case after hisb5th year. And odds are bama won't. If he's that good he's a pro otherwise they just punt and wish him best of luck.

I guess I don't generally read your posts .... **

msstate7
09-03-2017, 06:23 PM
Whether the backups are 5-stars or not, doesn't change the fact they're backups. Bama's defense isn't as good today as it was yesterday. The defense will still be very good (probably best in the country), but another injury or 2 and it could change things

HSVDawg
09-03-2017, 06:26 PM
Sounds like Mr. Holcombe is about to get a lot more reps. Wish we had hung onto him.

TUSK
09-03-2017, 06:28 PM
Whether the backups are 5-stars or not, doesn't change the fact they're backups. Bama's defense isn't as good today as it was yesterday. The defense will still be very good (probably best in the country), but another injury or 2 and it could change things

No doubt there'll be a drop off... fortunately, the schedule sets up well, and the new guys will have plenty of time adjust to their new roles...

Fresno St, Colorado St, @Vandy, Mississippi before the trip to A&M...

MetEdDawg
09-03-2017, 07:05 PM
Just saw Francois is out for the year too with a torn patellar tendon. Not gonna be a Bama FSU rematch in the title game.

TUSK
09-03-2017, 07:18 PM
Just saw Francois is out for the year too with a torn patellar tendon. Not gonna be a Bama FSU rematch in the title game.

Yeah, that sucks for both Francois and FSU... I thought they had a great shot at the CFP (if he doesn't get hurt)...

TUSK
09-03-2017, 07:20 PM
Sounds like Mr. Holcombe is about to get a lot more reps. Wish we had hung onto him.

Yep, he's been playing well... and he's one of those baseball guys, too...

Statecoachingblows**
09-03-2017, 08:44 PM
3 guys out for the year after 1 game? When is there gonna be fallout about the new stadium's playing surface?

TUSK
09-03-2017, 08:53 PM
3 guys out for the year after 1 game? When is there gonna be fallout about the new stadium's playing surface?

I don't think the turf caused any injuries, but it sure looked "slippery"... guys were falling down a lot and that stuff was flying up all the time...

I'm uncertain to what the hell kinda surface it is....

off to Wiki.....

edit: frickin' frogs!!!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FieldTurf

HSVDawg
09-03-2017, 09:49 PM
I don't think the turf caused any injuries, but it sure looked "slippery"... guys were falling down a lot and that stuff was flying up all the time...

I'm uncertain to what the hell kinda surface it is....

off to Wiki.....

edit: frickin' frogs!!!! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FieldTurf

Ha, you better hope its not the surface causing those injuries. Your team still has two more games in that building this season in all likelihood.