PDA

View Full Version : Watching Replay of The Game Observations

ShotgunDawg
09-03-2017, 04:53 PM
Watching the replay & rewinding some plays.

- Some of the running game issues were due to Fitz handing the ball off when he should have pulled. Not sure if he was told not to run or what.

Like here. This was stopped for no gain
http://i.imgur.com/f1tMyth.jpg

- Stewart Reese has heavy feet. It is kind of funny watching how quick Jenkins' feet are while playing center & how heavy Reese's are while playing RT. Reese gets exposed by losing inside leverage.

- Montez Sweat is an animal. A more physical version of Marquis Haynes. When he & Simmons line up on the same side of the formation. Teams have a real issue with how to double team that. We haven't had a speed rusher like this guy in a LONG time.

- On the OL, we do a lot of pulling on play action pass to sell the run & the timing appears a little off.

- Many of our blocking issues were due to LBs shoots gaps rather than our guys struggling with the CS's DL.

- I could watch Kylin Hill run all day. He's not Ezekiel Elliott, but he's a work horse RB with a legit combination of power/ speed/ fluidity & vision. He's a true, 3 down back that can do it all. More Mark Ingram/Nick Chubb like.

- CS's middle LB is a white boy with some real instincts. He was in on everything they did & showed a knack for reading the play.

- Our LBs are fast & physical

- Willie Gay looks like an action figure.

Got about halfway through the 2nd quarter & ran out of sitting on my ass time. I didn't see the OL get manhandled as much as I saw lack of timing & decisiveness is what they are doing. Reese is a legit concern at RT, but I think the rest of the line has a chance to be pretty good.

We are really athletic on defense. It stands out like a sore thumb. Our talent level has been seriously upgraded on that side of the ball with numerous other athletic guys red shirting.

Liverpooldawg
09-03-2017, 05:06 PM
I think it was pretty obvious that Fitz was told not to run much. I also think the line play was quit vanilla compare to what we usually do.

Commercecomet24
09-03-2017, 05:09 PM
It looked like we only ran about 10-12 different plays. It was about as basic a gamelan as we have ever run.

1bigdawg
09-03-2017, 05:15 PM
Thank you for taking the time to do this, Shotgun.

WinningIsRelentless
09-03-2017, 05:44 PM
Jenkins needs to go back to guard. If I see another low snap from him I'm likely to jump on the field and drop some Mfers on heavsey.