PDA

View Full Version : For any of you sissies saying...

preachermatt83
09-02-2017, 08:19 PM
"It was only charleston southern!"... I want to remind you that we once lost to Maine. That's right , MAINE!! I'm impressed with our team today. Especially defensively.

Drugdog
09-02-2017, 08:22 PM
La Tech and USA. I'll take a "W"

Bully13
09-02-2017, 08:23 PM
No one is disputing that. We are just looking for paths to improvement. need to do better up the middle on the runs and need to do better on short passing routes that increase percentages for success.

Our OL guards need a talking to.

TrapGame
09-02-2017, 08:28 PM
We did exactly what we were supposed to do against a team like that. Dan did not treat this like a scrimmage. He got pissed at little mistakes.

maroonmania
09-02-2017, 08:34 PM
My biggest takeaway was how much better the defense looked. That team we played today was still a team we would have given up 14-17 points if we had Sirmon running the show.

thf24
09-02-2017, 08:57 PM
No one is disputing that. We are just looking for paths to improvement. need to do better up the middle on the runs and need to do better on short passing routes that increase percentages for success.

Our OL guards need a talking to.

There was some legitimate cause for concern with pass blocking, but you can't make judgements on our run blocking in a game where we're trying not to run our QB and the other team knows it. We'll be fine there when Fitz is doing his normal thing.

BrunswickDawg
09-02-2017, 09:12 PM
My biggest takeaway was how much better the defense looked. That team we played today was still a team we would have given up 14-17 points if we had Sirmon running the show.

We need keep in mind - Chas Sou is #14 in FCS coming into this game. It's not like this was Alcorn or Jack State. We dominated them with a vanilla game plan.

Commercecomet24
09-02-2017, 09:14 PM
We need keep in mind - Chas Sou is #14 in FCS coming into this game. It's not like this was Alcorn or Jack State. We dominated them with a vanilla game plan.

This. Our offensive game plan was about as simplistic as I've ever seen it. Looks like we ran about 10 different plays

Jack Lambert
09-02-2017, 09:44 PM
Hill is going to be a beast.

BulldogBear
09-02-2017, 09:44 PM

^This

It's very very very difficult to hold ANYBODY to 33 total yards and 2 First downs.

Mobile Bay
09-03-2017, 05:08 AM
The advertisements for Troy football on the radio here still talk about beating us.

Ari Gold
09-03-2017, 06:11 AM
2 first downs
33 total yards.
That's impressive
I didn't give a **** if it was 1a public school.

Mutt the Hoople
09-03-2017, 08:44 AM
There were several FCS teams that gave P5 schools a run for their money yesterday, and Liberty beat Baylor.

I like that we play La. Tech next week. They're much better, and improving our game sets us up to play LSU on the 16th. After that, we'll know if we have a 5 win team, or a 9 win team.

viverlibre
09-03-2017, 08:51 AM
What stood out to me is that our OL couldn't open holes against D linemen who wouldn't even scare the three deep at USM. Defense looked 100% better, but TEs/WRs dropped some easy balls and still don't have a kicker.

TrapGame
09-03-2017, 09:06 AM
What stood out to me is that our OL couldn't open holes against D linemen who wouldn't even scare the three deep at USM. Defense looked 100% better, but TEs/WRs dropped some easy balls and still don't have a kicker.

We beat USM 49-0 in 2014 and everybody was bitching about the OL. USM's defense was going through it like wet toilet paper. Dak only ran a few designed runs or scrambled for a quick 1st down, nothing overly impressive. USM's D held us to a FG after an impressive goal line stand. And then the rest of the season happened...

See where I'm going with this?

KB549
09-03-2017, 10:07 AM
We were up 42-0 when we pulled Fitz and crew. If they had stayed in, would the final have been 77-0? That makes me wooly. However, only being able to put up another 7 against a FCS team with the backups shears most of that wool off. Defensively, I'm impressed the 1Bs held them as good as the As.

Watching Mullen during the last 2 minutes was fantastic. He was playing the best clock management I think I've seen from him. He wanted the shutout and he wanted the sub 1 yard/play. In the locker room post game, he talked about it to the team. And giving third team QB a few meaningful snaps (not kneels)....way to go Coach!

TrapGame
09-03-2017, 10:18 AM
KB that was the first actually game KT played in since his last high school game. He got better and better every series.

EdDawg
09-03-2017, 10:30 AM
What kind of offense does La Tech run? The only concern I have with the defense is that CSU only threw the ball, what like 4 times? Our DBs got very little work in the passing game.

thf24
09-03-2017, 10:31 AM

Already said once, but our run blocking is always going to look shaky in games that we're trying not to run our QB and the defense knows it, no matter who the opponent is. You can't block for two options and dominate a front that's keying hard on one of them. We'll be fine when Fitz has the green light to pull.

KB549
09-03-2017, 10:32 AM
Yeah, I know. My point is that we don't have a CUSA schedule. I have no doubt that Key will be an absolute stud in a year or two. My point was more that if everyone stays healthy, we may contend for #2 or #3 in the West. If Fitz can't play, we may have trouble making a bowl game.