PDA

View Full Version : Ps vue people, urgent...

TimberBeast
09-02-2017, 07:25 PM
Where in the hell is the bama game? They've already lost a customer tonight but I would still like to watch the game. Any help please?

Dawgface
09-02-2017, 07:29 PM
It's on a ABC. When I had Vue, I didn't get many local channels. I'm receiving it with my antenna.

TimberBeast
09-02-2017, 07:32 PM
It's on a ABC. When I had Vue, I didn't get many local channels. I'm receiving it with my antenna.

Well I enjoyed ps vue up until now. That's it for me.

Drew2425
09-02-2017, 07:38 PM

Had same issue. Found it on watch espn app on PS4

Dawg61
09-02-2017, 07:53 PM

You have to get the HD bunny ears for broadcast channels (ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC). You shoulda known that going in. User error

TimberBeast
09-02-2017, 07:54 PM
Had same issue. Found it on watch espn app on PS4

Dude thank you, got it now!

TimberBeast
09-02-2017, 07:55 PM
You have to get the HD bunny ears for broadcast channels (ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC). You shoulda known that going in. User error

User error my dick. I'm watching it now, ps vue sucks though for sports.

iPat09
09-02-2017, 07:57 PM
I have swapped to HuluTV. It's $40 a month, you get most of the same channels as PS Vue (depending on the package) but the best part is, you get to stream the local FOX, CBS, etc affiliate. I'm loving it so far.

TimberBeast
09-02-2017, 08:06 PM
I have swapped to HuluTV. It's $40 a month, you get most of the same channels as PS Vue (depending on the package) but the best part is, you get to stream the local FOX, CBS, etc affiliate. I'm loving it so far.

I am looking at directv now, I have been very disappointed all day trying to find all games. It's amazing that they didn't ask a college football fan about what they might need with the guide, because it's awful.

Lumpy Chucklelips
09-02-2017, 08:16 PM
I am looking at directv now, I have been very disappointed all day trying to find all games. It's amazing that they didn't ask a college football fan about what they might need with the guide, because it's awful.

You're on directv and having trouble finding games?

TimberBeast
09-02-2017, 08:21 PM
You're on directv and having trouble finding games?

No I am looking at the directv now app to replace pas vue.

stalkingpoon
09-02-2017, 08:26 PM
I never had issues with Vue and games. Knew going in that I needed antenna for locals to get games on CBS, ABC, etc. Just couple it with WatchESPN and you should be good minus CBS games.

missouridawg
09-02-2017, 08:32 PM
I get all 4 major local channels on Vue

TimberBeast
09-02-2017, 08:33 PM
I never had issues with Vue and games. Knew going in that I needed antenna for locals to get games on CBS, ABC, etc. Just couple it with WatchESPN and you should be good minus CBS games.

Regardless of the local channel thing, the guide is a nightmare for trying to find games. I've had it for a couple months now and it was much worse today than I thought it would be.

RocketDawg
09-02-2017, 08:34 PM
I get all 4 major local channels on Vue

Probably because you're in a large city. I remember when DirecTV and Dish only had local channels in major cities.

missouridawg
09-02-2017, 08:34 PM
Regardless of the local channel thing, the guide is a nightmare for trying to find games. I've had it for a couple months now and it was much worse today than I thought it would be.

You viewing on appleTV? I set all the sports channels as favorites so they show up first.

Dawgface
09-02-2017, 09:05 PM
Probably because you're in a large city. I remember when DirecTV and Dish only had local channels in major cities.

I'm in Meridian and get all 4 via antenna......not a major market by any means.

Never mind. I see he was saying thru Vue.

TimberBeast
09-02-2017, 09:44 PM
You viewing on appleTV? I set all the sports channels as favorites so they show up first.

No not on appletv, firestick.

mstatefan91
09-02-2017, 11:29 PM
Suggestions on antenna? Brand and where you got them? Looking to get one to watch Dallas and the Saints.

mstatefan91
09-03-2017, 02:14 PM
Suggestions on antenna? Brand and where you got them? Looking to get one to watch Dallas and the Saints.

No suggestions? Any would be appreciated.

TUSK
09-03-2017, 02:24 PM
No suggestions? Any would be appreciated.

This works great for me... and I live in the woods...

and it's super cheap, IMO...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ematic-HD-TV-Motorized-Outdoor-Antenna-with-150-Mile-Range/46998188

mstatefan91
09-03-2017, 02:27 PM
This works great for me... and I live in the woods...

and it's super cheap, IMO...

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ematic-HD-TV-Motorized-Outdoor-Antenna-with-150-Mile-Range/46998188
Have to be set up outside? Not sure if landlord would ok that.. granted there are dishes out back already so..

TUSK
09-03-2017, 02:35 PM
Have to be set up outside? Not sure if landlord would ok that.. granted there are dishes out back already so..

Yes... I mounted mine where my old Sat Dish was...

It also has a remote control thingy... it's cheap/low tech, but fits my meager needs....

Commercecomet24
09-03-2017, 02:43 PM
Yes... I mounted mine where my old Sat Dish was...

It also has a remote control thingy... it's cheap/low tech, but fits my meager needs....

You mean they have this high tech stuff over there in the woods of Alabama lol

RocketDawg
09-03-2017, 02:47 PM

I think there's a federal law that you have a right to television signal access, which means that you can put an antenna where needed. Look at the 3rd paragraph here: http://www.neighborhoodlink.com/article/Association/FCC_Satellite_Antenna_Regulations Says it applies to rentals.

stalkingpoon
09-03-2017, 03:08 PM
Get the 50 mile amazon version of the Mohu leaf. Works great. Beware, some vizios won't work with antennas well.

csdawg13
09-03-2017, 03:13 PM
I'm in the process of trying the different iptv providers. I've started with DirecTV Now, since they have a 'free roku' promo with 3 months of subscription, but I'm really unhappy with their interface. We're going to try HuluTV next. For college football it's all through watchespn, which is fine, but their actual show on-demand guide is pitiful.

TUSK
09-03-2017, 03:17 PM
You mean they have this high tech stuff over there in the woods of Alabama lol

Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/-hHdlBpFmTI

Commercecomet24
09-03-2017, 03:18 PM
Enjoy.

https://youtu.be/-hHdlBpFmTI

I love George Jones!

Maroon Wizardry
09-03-2017, 03:21 PM
Get the 50 mile amazon version of the Mohu leaf. Works great. Beware, some vizios won't work with antennas well.

this guy gets it. you can get one for 20 bucks if you live near major city... i had one in starkville and got all the major networks. However if you live a further from a town/city you might want to buy the one that costs 40 bucks... and like the other guy said your major problem was user error... so just a heads up the Mohu Leaf antenna will not play DVDs, BlueRays or any other disc

RocketDawg
09-03-2017, 03:50 PM
this guy gets it. you can get one for 20 bucks if you live near major city... i had one in starkville and got all the major networks. However if you live a further from a town/city you might want to buy the one that costs 40 bucks... and like the other guy said your major problem was user error... so just a heads up the Mohu Leaf antenna will not play DVDs, BlueRays or any other disc

Does any antenna play DVDs, etc.? I must be missing something.