PDA

View Full Version : Did Grantham just set the All-Time MSU record for lowest total yards allowed

Dawg61
09-02-2017, 06:26 PM
in his first game? 33 total yards. Holyeeeee Shit!

tcdog70
09-02-2017, 06:45 PM
What a relief to have a D.C. That knows WTF he is doing. Jeff Simmons was a monster and if you notice they didn't miss tackles. We have got to work on the low snaps. K Hill is a stud. Next week our defense game plan will do a180. I can't wait to see how TG handles La Tech.

Reason2succeed
09-02-2017, 06:55 PM
I'd have to say...yeah.

Dawg61
09-02-2017, 07:26 PM
What a relief to have a D.C. That knows WTF he is doing. Jeff Simmons was a monster and if you notice they didn't miss tackles. We have got to work on the low snaps. K Hill is a stud. Next week our defense game plan will do a180. I can't wait to see how TG handles La Tech.

Yea huge test next week. LTech was #2 in the country in passing and scoring last year.

99jc
09-02-2017, 09:44 PM
The 99 defense held a team to minus yardage I think.

ShotgunDawg
09-02-2017, 09:46 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIws99eVYAAoGvz.jpg

ScoobaDawg
09-02-2017, 09:50 PM
From postgame notes
http://static.hailstate.com/custompages/pdf/fb/fb_postgame_090217.pdf

The Bulldogs recorded two safeties in the first half of today’s game. It was the first time MSU tallied a safety since Oct. 15,2011, versus South Carolina and the first time the program had recorded multiple safeties in a game since Sept. 30, 2000against Florida.

The MSU defense held Charleston Southern to 18 rushing yards. The last time MSU held an opponent to 25 or fewer yardsof rushing was versus Kentucky in 2001 when MSU held the Wildcats to two rushing yards.

BeardoMSU
09-02-2017, 09:51 PM
I know the front 7 pressure was the primary force today, but I also noticed we were jammin' the **** out of their WR's at the line all game long. That's a nice change of pace for a MSU defense.

Jack Lambert
09-02-2017, 09:53 PM
I don't if our defense us really good or last years defense makes this years defense look good. Our line backers have good closing speed. I got the game recorded can't wait to watch it on TV. Seems I miss things watching it live.

Commercecomet24
09-02-2017, 09:59 PM
Forced 4 fumbles and recorded 2 safeties. That's pretty spiffy!

Commercecomet24
09-02-2017, 09:59 PM
I know the front 7 pressure was the primary force today, but I also noticed we were jammin' the **** out of their WR's at the line all game long. That's a nice change of pace for a MSU defense.

Yeah we were giving them no room to breathe. Looked like a real sec defense!

Todd4State
09-02-2017, 10:10 PM
Yeah we were giving them no room to breathe. Looked like a real sec defense!

They looked superhuman to be quite honest.

Commercecomet24
09-02-2017, 10:19 PM
They looked superhuman to be quite honest.

It's unreal the difference a REAL defensive coordinator can make in such a short amount of time. I loved when the announcers said Grantham said he wanted to see his son graduate from shs. He's a sophomore. Sounds like Coach Grantham enjoying his time here so far.

Dawg61
09-02-2017, 10:40 PM
Good news, LTech doesn't have the same QB that was passing all over everyone last year. They have a sophomore starting this year.

Commercecomet24
09-02-2017, 10:43 PM
Good news, LTech doesn't have the same QB that was passing all over everyone last year. They have a sophomore starting this year.

It's J'Mar Smith from Meridian. He's ok but he's a better baseball player.

Dawg61
09-02-2017, 10:48 PM
It's J'Mar Smith from Meridian. He's ok but he's a better baseball player.

Ah I seem to remember that name. Remind me was there some small drama with his recruitment?

Commercecomet24
09-02-2017, 10:55 PM
Ah I seem to remember that name. Remind me was there some small drama with his recruitment?

Yeah he's Kenny Smith's son. He wanted to commit to us but we really didn't want him that bad and I think they accused Dan of lying to them or some bs like that. He's not very tall and really not that mobile. Think shorter Tyler Russell but not as good a passer

Commercecomet24
09-02-2017, 10:56 PM

He's got a pretty good fastball from the mound though lol

Dawg61
09-02-2017, 11:03 PM
Yeah he's Kenny Smith's son. He wanted to commit to us but we really didn't want him that bad and I think they accused Dan of lying to them or some bs like that. He's not very tall and really not that mobile. Think shorter Tyler Russell but not as good a passer

Sounds like he got processed. Recruits gets processed too, that's a thing. It's called moving on. Guess he wasn't used to that. Oops

Commercecomet24
09-02-2017, 11:07 PM
Sounds like he got processed. Recruits gets processed too, that's a thing. It's called moving on. Guess he wasn't used to that. Oops

Exactly. He didn't get pissed at Saban and bama didbt even offer and he was a bama legacy player. Kid should be happy he would've never seen the field here.

Todd4State
09-03-2017, 01:19 AM

I think he missed Big Dawg Camp to go to a baseball showcase or tournament if I remember correctly.

That probably didn't help his cause.

Commercecomet24
09-03-2017, 01:38 AM
I think he missed Big Dawg Camp to go to a baseball showcase or tournament if I remember correctly.

That probably didn't help his cause.

I think you're right on that. I know his daddy created a stink about us but he wasn't a good fit for our offense and to be honest he should've stuck with baseball.