PDA

View Full Version : Freezus has a past???

Dawgfan77
09-20-2013, 02:54 PM
Taken from Talty's blog. These are comments from Rush Probsf. If you have heard the story about Probts off field problems at Hoover you will find this quote interesting:
?Coach Freeze is a lot like I am. We know each other, we have a past."

Open for comments.

curmudgeon
09-20-2013, 02:59 PM
I have yet to find a non-Ole Miss affiliated person at Briarcrest that has anything good to say about him.

Dawgfan77
09-20-2013, 03:05 PM
Let me guess parking lot girls basketball players??

Coach34
09-20-2013, 03:23 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCpeeaIfF9c

It_Could_Happen
09-20-2013, 03:34 PM
I have yet to find a non-Ole Miss affiliated person at Briarcrest that has anything good to say about him.

I can second that. Heard he had a creepy side. A guy that played for me one time is a die hard rebel. Biggest fan I know and refused to buy his tickets because they hired him

civildawg
09-20-2013, 03:39 PM
Speaking of creepy. Did anyone see what he texted to treadwell one day after a game? I saw it on Facebook and it was very creepy in my opinion.

It_Could_Happen
09-20-2013, 03:42 PM
Speaking of creepy. Did anyone see what he texted to treadwell one day after a game? I saw it on Facebook and it was very creepy in my opinion.

What'd it say?

PassInterference
09-20-2013, 03:43 PM
Yes, Freeze has a black mark in his past.

Bear@Work
09-20-2013, 04:30 PM
Taken from Talty's blog. These are comments from Rush Probsf. If you have heard the story about Probts off field problems at Hoover you will find this quote interesting:
?Coach Freeze is a lot like I am. We know each other, we have a past."

Open for comments.

I've done some pretty bad stuff in my past but fortunately I have been called to Jesus and am now a devout Christian and share the gospel with others. Southern Baptists give Christianity a tough name by acting like they've always been pure and have never done anything bad, but the church is full of sinners, outcasts and mistfits. The Lord provides us with Grace, Redemption and Salvation and I am fortunate that I have been redeemed and can sure the spirit of the Gospel with my fellow man. Just because some of us have dirty pasts, doesn't make us any less of a Christian or make our message fake. I'd say it makes it all the more real and genuine!

Political Hack
09-20-2013, 04:32 PM
Yes, Freeze has a black mark in his past.

I don't know if you know how funny this is.

Op4isabitch
09-20-2013, 04:44 PM
I've done some pretty bad stuff in my past but fortunately I have been called to Jesus and am now a devout Christian and share the gospel with others. Southern Baptists give Christianity a tough name by acting like they've always been pure and have never done anything bad, but the church is full of sinners, outcasts and mistfits. The Lord provides us with Grace, Redemption and Salvation and I am fortunate that I have been redeemed and can sure the spirit of the Gospel with my fellow man. Just because some of us have dirty pasts, doesn't make us any less of a Christian or make our message fake. I'd say it makes it all the more real and genuine!

Good for you Bear, I'm honestly happy for you. My issue with the Hughes' and Gene Chiziks of the world is that they remind me of snake oil salesmen. I have know way of knowing if Hughes faith is real but he sure as heck comes across as a sleazy kind of guy to me and I base that on interviews I've seen and the people he gravitates toward and associates with.

hacker
09-20-2013, 04:55 PM
Let's not derail this thread.

What did the text to Treadwell say?

CadaverDawg
09-20-2013, 05:04 PM
Let's not derail this thread.

What did the text to Treadwell say?

It said, "good game my little treaddy bear"

PassInterference
09-20-2013, 05:18 PM

Well, that's good and I mean that.

That said - would you tell someone that you fear for their soul if they went to (insert rival school)? Freeze would. In fact he did. He told Ritchie Brown and his parents that he (Freeze) fears for Ritchie's soul if he attends MSU. Said he'd keep him in touch with The Lord at Ole Miss.

Would you also use King James Version phraseology when speaking to groups or reporters? Would you "talk like a preacher" mostly at times when you are trying to deliver an impression?

That is what tells me that Hugh Freeze is fake. He may be a Christian but his outward evangelical good-willed appearance is a sham.

PassInterference
09-20-2013, 05:53 PM
I don't know if you know how funny this is.

I was wondering if anybody would get that.

Dannyripms
09-20-2013, 06:03 PM
I don't like freeze either but as long as he's getting it done then all that shouldn't matter. I'm sure he'd like to tap one of them young girls and who wouldn't. We need dan to start doing whatever it takes to get that too recruiting class

civildawg
09-20-2013, 06:27 PM
I'll try to find it. I'll post it when I do

civildawg
09-20-2013, 06:38 PM
I can't find it, but I'm pretty sure it was from treadwell's Instagram account. I don't have Instagram so I can't look

Coach66
09-20-2013, 06:38 PM
A friend that knew Freezus quite well at USM . I laughed my ass off at his stories about the scheming, unscrupulous Hugh. Hugh is a good guy and he found The Lord but it wasn't always that way .

Dawgfan77
09-20-2013, 07:04 PM
Just because you put out this persona that you are a Christian doesn't make you a Christian. We all have a past but freeze acts like he is all holier than thou. I can promise you this if he was what he preaches then he wouldn't condone all that goes on during those official visits.

ShotgunDawg
09-20-2013, 08:19 PM
I honestly could care less about Freeze's past. I'm to the point where I feel like we need to worry about ourselves. One thing that stuck out to me in the article was when Propst talked about Hugh having a "hunger" because he had always been a high school coach and had nothing to lose.

I wonder if this is Dan's problem in recruiting. Dan started at Notre Dame and was the OC at Florida. He rode to coat tails of Urban Meyer, and for all intents and purposes had a pretty easy path through the coaching profession. However, due to that, I wonder sometimes if the silver spoon ride through coaching that Dan experienced prevented him from learning how to get his hands dirty in recruiting, how to fight, and how to coach and recruit like you he has nothing to lose.

I never thought about it, but this may be Freeze's advantage over Dan. Freeze is coaching with nothing to lose and Dan is.

I am a huge Mullen supporter, but this is just a thought and what stood out to me in the article

MS33
09-20-2013, 08:24 PM
So, is there any actual facts or evidence of unscrupulous activities? Or is it just all "I know somebody that knows somebody and they said, blah blah blah"

Relf2.0
09-20-2013, 09:31 PM
We should worry about our own coach, you guys realize that we are staring straight down the barrel of 5-7 right?

Our coach isn't exactly squeaky clean either with all of the NCAA investigations that have taken place here during his tenure.

RougeDawg
09-20-2013, 09:52 PM
Wait. So Hugh wasnt there holding Jesus' hand when he walked on water and healed the blind?

SPMT
09-20-2013, 09:54 PM
In the book, Urban's Way the author talks about Dan being a poor recruiter and being very brash. He discusses how Dan almost ran Tebow off and that Urban had to repair the relationship when Tebow was a recruit.

Tebow also discusses similar.

DownwardDawg
09-20-2013, 09:58 PM
Our coach isn't exactly squeaky clean either with all of the NCAA investigations that have taken place here during his tenure.

And he doesn't preach to recruits and tell them he's worried about their souls if they go to ole miss. He's never pretended to be squeeky clean either. Nothing worse than a fake.

Political Hack
09-21-2013, 12:35 AM
some rebels popping up here? watch yourselves gentlemen because you're close to being exported back to the square.

DownwardDawg
09-21-2013, 06:09 AM
some rebels popping up here? watch yourselves gentlemen because you're close to being exported back to the square.

Bye week. They shouldn't get warnings though on this board. That's why this is the best board now.

Op4isabitch
09-21-2013, 09:15 AM
Absolutely, allowing bears on sixpackspeak is what ruined it! This should be a 100% bearshit free zone.
**** the Ole Miss Rebels I honestly hate most of your fans and I wouldn't give two shits if your whole ****ing campus burnt down! Did I mention I can't stand you ****ers!!

Schultzy
09-21-2013, 09:18 AM
I don't like freeze either but as long as he's getting it done then all that shouldn't matter. I'm sure he'd like to tap one of them young girls and who wouldn't. We need dan to start doing whatever it takes to get that too recruiting class

You are one sick puppy.

Political Hack
09-21-2013, 09:19 AM
I agree. if they're a rebear, ban them. I'm just not sure if its 100% obvious that they're black bears.

hailmari
09-21-2013, 10:07 AM
I honestly could care less about Freeze's past. I'm to the point where I feel like we need to worry about ourselves. One thing that stuck out to me in the article was when Propst talked about Hugh having a "hunger" because he had always been a high school coach and had nothing to lose.

I wonder if this is Dan's problem in recruiting. Dan started at Notre Dame and was the OC at Florida. He rode to coat tails of Urban Meyer, and for all intents and purposes had a pretty easy path through the coaching profession. However, due to that, I wonder sometimes if the silver spoon ride through coaching that Dan experienced prevented him from learning how to get his hands dirty in recruiting, how to fight, and how to coach and recruit like you he has nothing to lose.

I never thought about it, but this may be Freeze's advantage over Dan. Freeze is coaching with nothing to lose and Dan is.

I am a huge Mullen supporter, but this is just a thought and what stood out to me in the article

Nailed it. Best post in this thread so far.