PDA

View Full Version : Did anyone else see the Ohio State player fake injury....

TUSK
09-01-2017, 07:09 PM
last night to slow the tempo of the Indiana offense?

I don't like "tempo offense" very much, but I think there should be a "flop" penalty of some sort...

Jack Lambert
09-01-2017, 07:37 PM
Maybe the rule should be if play is stopped for injury the player who came off the field has to sit the remaining of the quarter or half.

TUSK
09-01-2017, 07:46 PM
Maybe the rule should be if play is stopped for injury the player who came off the field has to sit the remaining of the quarter or half.

I like that... I'd also take a TO and make it a "reviewable" play....

Homedawg
09-01-2017, 07:58 PM

So a guy w cramps has to sit the rest of quarter? Bad idea. Try again.

TUSK
09-01-2017, 08:33 PM

nooooooo, not at all...

I'm talking about a player that's walking around fine, gets a signal from the sidelines, then just lays down...'

only obvious situations, obviously...

Jack Lambert
09-01-2017, 09:16 PM

Get your ass to the side line. It would stop a lot of the clock stoppage. I see coaches waving at players who have cramps trying to get to the side line lay down. I have seen them get one yard from the side line then lay down.

Howboutdemdogs
09-01-2017, 09:26 PM
He was walking and just slowly sat down. Even the commentators made remarks how obvious it was.

TUSK
09-01-2017, 09:52 PM
Get your ass to the side line. It would stop a lot of the clock stoppage. I see coaches waving at players who have cramps trying to get to the side line lay down. I have seen them get one yard from the side line then lay down.

Could you imagine what (the real) Jack Lambert would think about this topic?????

Reason2succeed
09-01-2017, 11:57 PM
last night to slow the tempo of the Indiana offense?

I don't like "tempo offense" very much, but I think there should be a "flop" penalty of some sort...

Of course you don't like tempo offenses. It cost you a NC.

It's a creative part of the game to neutralize talent disparity and it's entertaining.
I think it is bad sportsmanship to fake an injury and should be flagged but I understand that it would be impossible to determine and enforce.