PDA

View Full Version : Lamar Peters now a projected 2018 lottery pick

calidawg
09-01-2017, 03:29 PM
and could challenge for the #1 PG chosen in the 2018 draft after his summer league performance. " It was reminiscent of seeing an unknown Damien Lillard in Chicago at the same Nations (2010) event when Lillard was going into his sophomore year at Weber State; due to his quickness, composure and shooting ability."

http://www.nbadraft.net/

http://www.nbadraft.net/adidas-nations-top-college-prospects-0

BeardoMSU
09-01-2017, 03:43 PM
Wow...great read. I hope he's big for us this year.

mparkerfd20
09-01-2017, 04:00 PM
Nice. Would love to actually be respectable (at minimum NIT EVERY year) in MEN'S basketball again.

Quaoarsking
09-01-2017, 04:49 PM
Well if that's true we should have no problem making the Tournament this year.

Bully13
09-01-2017, 05:22 PM
Does anybody have the size and skill sets of our bigs this year? How we looking in the paint?

msbulldog
09-01-2017, 05:29 PM
Hey, it always looks good when our guys make it good in the pro ranks, (Dak).

Dawg61
09-01-2017, 06:25 PM

Yea if we have a lottery pick on this team playing PG we are making the NCAAs. Incredible high praise. Wool is sprouting.

Peters was the clear breakout star of adidas Nations. Listed at 6-feet, the Mississippi State sophomore appears an inch or two bigger. He's plays with a relentless motor on both ends of the floor. It was reminiscent of seeing an unknown Damian Lillard in Chicago at the same Nations (2010) event, when Lillard was going into his sophomore year at Weber State; due to his quickness, composure and shooting ability. He is an incredibly quick and explosive floor general, adept at taking defenders off the dribble, and getting into the paint virtually at will. He displayed advanced leadership, looking to get teammates involved and setting them up for easy baskets. He's suprememly confident with a swagger that carries himself and teammates. He's very crafty, with hesitation moves and can facilitate the pick and roll. His defensive intensity can be almost too strong at times, leading to foul trouble. The lefty also displayed a surprisingly nice shot off the dribble with the ability to hit 3 point shots (made 50%, 12 of 24 over five games). He finished the event first in assists (at 5.4 per game to 2.2 turnovers) and third in scoring at 15.8 ppg. Peters has also shown the ability to rise in big games with his best performance to date coming against their strongest opponent last season, Kentucky, with 25 points. Following the tragic death of his father during his freshman season, it's apparent that Peters has developed a determination that many players simply do not possess. Scouts were extremely high on him following the event noting that he's a player that appears primed for a breakout season if he can corral his decision making. He has lottery potential and could even challenge to be the top point guard taken in the 2017 draft with the likes of Collin Sexton (Luka Doncic is viewed more as a point/small forward).

Homedawg
09-01-2017, 06:43 PM
He can be a great college player. However, lottery picks a 6'(if that) are few and far between. And I think he's really good before you hoops know it alls jump my ass

msstate7
09-01-2017, 07:55 PM

Lsu says maybe not (Simmons)

Ifyouonlyknew
09-01-2017, 10:04 PM

Also Washington (Markelle Fultz) & NC St (Dennis Smith).

Dawg61
09-01-2017, 10:07 PM

Also Washington (Markelle Fultz) & NC St (Dennis Smith).

True but we probably have 2 other NBA guys in our first 6. Did those teams?

Ifyouonlyknew
09-01-2017, 10:08 PM
True but we probably have 2 other NBA guys in our first 6. Did those teams?

What 2? Nick & ??? Bc I don't see another.

LSU had Antonio Blakeney as well.

msstate7
09-01-2017, 10:09 PM

Ado... the legend continues to build haha

Dawg61
09-01-2017, 10:20 PM

The original Spoon at least gets a cup of coffee

Dawg61
09-01-2017, 10:23 PM
I think we are about to see a different player in Q Spoon. The pressure for him to score is much less and I think it's going to make him a lot more effective.

Ifyouonlyknew
09-01-2017, 10:31 PM
The original Spoon at least gets a cup of coffee

He'll get a summer league invite but I don't see him getting drafted.

Quaoarsking
09-01-2017, 11:06 PM

Fair enough, but Ben Howland is a much better coach than Johnny Jones.

msstate7
09-01-2017, 11:11 PM
Fair enough, but Ben Howland is a much better coach than Johnny Jones.

That's true. Of course, Simmons is a much better player than peters

MarketingBully
09-01-2017, 11:49 PM
He can be a great college player. However, lottery picks a 6'(if that) are few and far between. And I think he's really good before you hoops know it alls jump my ass

We are short changing him on his height. The scouts say he is more like 6'1 or 6'2.

MarketingBully
09-01-2017, 11:57 PM
We are short changing him on his height. The scouts say he is more like 6'1 or 6'2.

From scouts: "Listed at 6-feet, the Mississippi State sophomore appears an inch or two bigger."

MarketingBully
09-02-2017, 12:02 AM
Ado... the legend continues to build haha

Mock all you want but he will be in the NBA once he gets experience and exposure (say a big run in the tournament in 2018-2019). Kids with his physical skills don't stay long in college. Scouts gush about Robert Williams length at 7'5.5" which is one of the top ones in the 2018 draft. Ado has a 7'5" wingspan which will help him defend and rebound at a significant level.

MarketingBully
09-02-2017, 12:04 AM
He'll get a summer league invite but I don't see him getting drafted.

Q is an excellent college player and will be an all SEC first team player but he would have to improve his defense significantly to get drafted.

MarketingBully
09-02-2017, 12:15 AM
I think we go 22-9/10-8 in the SEC to finish 8th in the league which probably would require a couple of wins in the SEC tournament to get us in the dance. I do see us as a solid NIT team this year with making a big run in the NCAA tournament next year. The SEC is deep this year. My SEC basketball prediction is below and I think our league gets six bids.

SEC Picks
1. Florida
2. Kentucky
3. Alabama
4. Texas A&M
5. Auburn
6. Missouri
7. Arkansas
8. Mississippi State
9. Ole Miss
10. Georgia
11. Tennessee
12. Vandy
13. LSU
14. South Carolina

Schultzy
09-02-2017, 12:20 AM
If Ado is good we going big dance

msstate7
09-02-2017, 05:48 AM
I think we go 22-9/10-8 in the SEC to finish 8th in the league which probably would require a couple of wins in the SEC tournament to get us in the dance. I do see us as a solid NIT team this year with making a big run in the NCAA tournament next year. The SEC is deep this year. My SEC basketball prediction is below and I think our league gets six bids.

SEC Picks
1. Florida
2. Kentucky
3. Alabama
4. Texas A&M
5. Auburn
6. Missouri
7. Arkansas
8. Mississippi State
9. Ole Miss
10. Georgia
11. Tennessee
12. Vandy
13. LSU
14. South Carolina

So, you used to stay on me bc I said bama was gonna be better than us and now you agree? Haha

Harrydawg
09-02-2017, 06:55 AM
Ado can play.....he will be a nice upgrade at center.

MarketingBully
09-02-2017, 08:23 AM
So, you used to stay on me bc I said bama was gonna be better than us and now you agree? Haha

Well in all fairness when I was arguing then, we had Brooks and Kegler on this roster which would have made us a top five team in the SEC. I still think we split with them though and win in Starkville.

smootness
09-02-2017, 09:23 AM
If Peters proves to be this good, there's no way Arkansas, Missouri, or Auburn will be better. Or A&M, frankly.

Dawg61
09-02-2017, 09:42 AM
Well in all fairness when I was arguing then, we had Brooks and Kegler on this roster which would have made us a top five team in the SEC. I still think we split with them though and win in Starkville.

You can put me in the camp of we are better without Kegler but Avery Johnson has recruited better and coached better than Howland. He's been impressive for them. Might be a minute before we beat Bama and unfortunately we get to play them twice every year.

msstate7
09-02-2017, 09:53 AM
If peters has improved this much, I think we can be pretty dang good. Peters, carter, and Q knocking down 3s is gonna really help our bigs imo. I think carter is gonna be a huge weapon from outside this season.

msbulldog
09-02-2017, 10:30 AM
Look guys we played basically all freshmen last year. The biggest improvement made is always as a rule made from 1st to 2nd year. I will be shocked if we don't win 25 or 27 because of the weak OOC and make the Dance.

MarketingBully
09-02-2017, 11:34 AM
You can put me in the camp of we are better without Kegler but Avery Johnson has recruited better and coached better than Howland. He's been impressive for them. Might be a minute before we beat Bama and unfortunately we get to play them twice every year.

In the long run, you are absolutely correct. It allowed us to get Reggie Perry which was huge. In the short term for this season taking away two four stars off this team knocks us down a couple of notches.

MarketingBully
09-02-2017, 11:36 AM

We beat Alabama in Starkville this year. Luckily, the idiot SEC people didn't start us out playing them. We get to play a shitty road team at home to start the season in Arkansas. I like our chances there.

MarketingBully
09-02-2017, 11:38 AM
If Peters proves to be this good, there's no way Arkansas, Missouri, or Auburn will be better. Or A&M, frankly.

I see Peters averaging 15 ppg and 5 apg. Basically the same averages he had at Adidas Nations. I went conservative with my picks. I could certainly see us finishing higher.

MarketingBully
09-02-2017, 11:39 AM
Look guys we played basically all freshmen last year. The biggest improvement made is always as a rule made from 1st to 2nd year. I will be shocked if we don't win 25 or 27 because of the weak OOC and make the Dance.

I could see that. I went with a conservative estimate.

Dawg61
09-02-2017, 11:54 AM
In the long run, you are absolutely correct. It allowed us to get Reggie Perry which was huge. In the short term for this season taking away two four stars off this team knocks us down a couple of notches.

We beat Alabama in Starkville this year. Luckily, the idiot SEC people didn't start us out playing them. We get to play a shitty road team at home to start the season in Arkansas. I like our chances there.

I see Peters averaging 15 ppg and 5 apg. Basically the same averages he had at Adidas Nations. I went conservative with my picks. I could certainly see us finishing higher.

From scouts: "Listed at 6-feet, the Mississippi State sophomore appears an inch or two bigger."

Mock all you want but he will be in the NBA once he gets experience and exposure (say a big run in the tournament in 2018-2019). Kids with his physical skills don't stay long in college. Scouts gush about Robert Williams length at 7'5.5" which is one of the top ones in the 2018 draft. Ado has a 7'5" wingspan which will help him defend and rebound at a significant level.

Q is an excellent college player and will be an all SEC first team player but he would have to improve his defense significantly to get drafted.

SEC Picks
1. Florida
2. Kentucky
3. Alabama
4. Texas A&M
5. Auburn
6. Missouri
7. Arkansas
8. Mississippi State
9. Ole Miss
10. Georgia
11. Tennessee
12. Vandy
13. LSU
14. South Carolina

I could see that. I went with a conservative estimate.

Come on Marketing clean it up. Combine posts when you're going to respond to multiple posts please. Thanks