PDA

View Full Version : Wolken dead on about next Om Coach

BrunswickDawg
08-31-2017, 03:48 PM
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/college/columnist/dan-wolken/2017/08/31/appalachian-state-michigan-upset-10-years/621526001/

You have scroll a bit to get to it - but, Wolken nails the reason why no one is going to want the OM job -

"Beyond the potential for the NCAA handing down another bowl ban or more scholarship losses and recruiting restrictions, Ole Miss' probation going forward means it won?t be able to afford any more scandals for the foreseeable future and that nothing can be done in recruiting without a heavy hand from compliance. It will be cumbersome and annoying, and given the booster culture that surrounded Ole Miss in the Freeze era, it probably will hurt a lot of feelings."

Assuming Luke avoids a show cause, he may be the best they can get.

starkvegasdawg
08-31-2017, 03:50 PM
I disagree. They cheated while being investigated. Probation won't slow them down.

Now they probably still won't get a coach worth a wet turd, but they won't stop cheating.

Dawgology
08-31-2017, 03:57 PM
Yeah I foresee them being back under investigation with 3-5 years. They are the most self destructive fan base and booster group I've ever seen.

TrapGame
08-31-2017, 04:02 PM
Yeah I foresee them being back under investigation with 3-5 years. They are the most self destructive fan base and booster group I've ever seen.

Agreed. They'll get popped for buying a 5* about 3 yrs from now.

Bothrops
08-31-2017, 04:12 PM
They'll eventually be back to their old tricks again.
The place is run by a bunch of heathens and they're aren't going away.