PDA

View Full Version : CBS's Dennis Dodd on OM Sanctions

TrapGame
08-31-2017, 01:21 PM
http://247sports.com/Bolt/Dodd-Ole-Miss-could-be-in-for-massive-sanctions-106704640

The money quote:

?I think it?s gonna be bad. ? I think it?s gonna be significant, notwithstanding the Leo Lewis [immunity],? Dodd said. ?I don?t think they necessarily needed him to get some of this stuff, they needed him to corroborate it. He alone is not the reason they?re gonna get hammered."

Lord McBuckethead
08-31-2017, 01:29 PM
What is up with all the random "?" throughout peoples cut and paste stuff.

“I think it’s gonna be bad. … I think it’s gonna be significant, notwithstanding the Leo Lewis [immunity],” Dodd said. “I don’t think they necessarily needed him to get some of this stuff, they needed him to corroborate it. He alone is not the reason they’re gonna get hammered.

Here is my example, Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V.

Lord McBuckethead
08-31-2017, 01:30 PM
Yep, regardless of Leo they have a terrible position.

TStationDawg
08-31-2017, 01:30 PM
Bad look for Dennis

JoseBrown
08-31-2017, 01:34 PM
One additional bowl ban, 2018
25 schollies over 3 years
Vacated wins
$,$,$
Existing players can transfer

Hmm. That's bad, especially the last one, but I think it'll be worse.

Commercecomet24
08-31-2017, 01:37 PM
Vacated wins
$,$,$

I'm with you. I think Dennis is a little light on the scholarship losses and bowl ban. I believe it will be 35-40 scholarships over 3-4 years and at least 2 more years of bowl bans

JoseBrown
08-31-2017, 01:39 PM
I'm with you. I think Dennis is a little light on the scholarship losses and bowl ban. I believe it will be 35-40 scholarships over 3-4 years and at least 2 more years of bowl bans

Yea, that's what I'm thinking too.

bostondawg
08-31-2017, 01:47 PM

Agreed.

The worst is still players being allowed to transfer without sitting though. A few losses happen this year, things go south, morale plummets, players pack their stuff and get a full offseason with their new team. Start academics in spring 2018 at their new school.

RocketDawg
08-31-2017, 01:55 PM

“I think it’s gonna be bad. … I think it’s gonna be significant, notwithstanding the Leo Lewis [immunity],” Dodd said. “I don’t think they necessarily needed him to get some of this stuff, they needed him to corroborate it. He alone is not the reason they’re gonna get hammered.

Dunno. I assumed when it was copied it carried over some of the formatting from the original article that's not compatible with the board. Makes it hard to read though.

TrapGame
08-31-2017, 02:07 PM

http://0.media.dorkly.cvcdn.com/51/20/52a65778a4f805662c0837fa238e45b4.gif

Commercecomet24
08-31-2017, 02:13 PM
Agreed.

The worst is still players being allowed to transfer without sitting though. A few losses happen this year, things go south, morale plummets, players pack their stuff and get a full offseason with their new team. Start academics in spring 2018 at their new school.

Dead on!

somebodyshotmypaw
08-31-2017, 02:27 PM
Vacated wins
$,$,$

Not that bad for what they did. They are the dirtiest program since SMU. The stuff in the NOA is only what the NCAA can prove. Everybody knows they paid Tunsil, Treadwell, Little, etc. Hell, Tunsil admitted it at the draft. If they get what Dodd claims, Ole Miss should be pretty content with it. But they won't be content because they are stupid and in denial.

CarolinaDawgs
08-31-2017, 03:45 PM
I have an ongoing bet that they will get worse penalties than USCw (2 year bowl ban and 30 over 3).

Gonna eat A LOT of crow if this is what they get.

Dawgowar
08-31-2017, 04:13 PM
They are going north of 30 scholarships.

stalkingpoon
08-31-2017, 04:21 PM
The thing that will hurt the worst is existing players can transfer. I can see Shay and a few others transferring to compete for a championship before they graduate.

TrapGame
08-31-2017, 04:24 PM
The thing that will hurt the worst is existing players can transfer. I can see Shay and a few others transferring to compete for a championship before they graduate.

If they get a three year bowl ban that roster will be damn near empty in less than a month.

WSOPdawg
08-31-2017, 04:38 PM
It they ONLY get docked 25 scholarships and 2 years of bowl bans, then everyone might as well attempt to circumvent the ncaa's rules because hell, a suck-ass season or two nets you zero bowl games. If you ain't cheatin' then you ain't tryin' should become the new motto for every team out there. Dodd's penalties would be a joke!!!

BulldogBear
08-31-2017, 05:19 PM
25 over 3 with 2 year bowl ban would be the NCAA allowing Ole Miss to bend them over and go in dry. If it's not waaaaa the 17ing 17 17 17ity 17 above that, the NCAA is done.

Acid mouth
08-31-2017, 06:10 PM
Agreed.

I strongly recommend an announcement ceromony for any of the transfers. Hat tosses are encouraged

Coach34
08-31-2017, 06:16 PM
25 over 3 with 2 year bowl ban would be the NCAA allowing Ole Miss to bend them over and go in dry. If it's not waaaaa the 17ing 17 17 17ity 17 above that, the NCAA is done.

What? A 2 year bowl ban is a severe penalty. That also opens the door for transfers.

BulldogBear
08-31-2017, 09:47 PM
What? A 2 year bowl ban is a severe penalty. That also opens the door for transfers.

Because 25 over 3 with a two year bowl ban almost the same 17ing thing they got in the mid 90s.

This is on a ridulous level at this point. Their whole program is out of control. It has to be shut down or the NCAA has no cred. The spin and LOIC knows no bounds.

At LEAST 45 schollies or NCAA is a Paper Tiger. I was also under the impression that the matrix was already at a minimum of way North of 25.

Dolphus Raymond
08-31-2017, 09:59 PM
It they ONLY get docked 25 scholarships and 2 years of bowl bans, then everyone might as well attempt to circumvent the ncaa's rules because hell, a suck-ass season or two nets you zero bowl games. If you ain't cheatin' then you ain't tryin' should become the new motto for every team out there. Dodd's penalties would be a joke!!!
These penalties would still be devastating. I think 32 over 3-4 and a two year bowl ban.