PDA

View Full Version : Depth Chart Notes for Saturday

ShotgunDawg
08-31-2017, 09:17 AM
Punter - Logan Cooke

Kicker - Apparently Tucker Day has won the job

Punt returner - Gabe Myles

Kick Off returns - Gray & Mixon

Injuries - Looks like Abram will be held out for precautionary reasons & should play next week & La Tech

TrapGame
08-31-2017, 09:28 AM
Mixon can fly on kick off returns. I like this.

smootness
08-31-2017, 09:35 AM
To where is Myles returning the punter?

Lord McBuckethead
08-31-2017, 10:27 AM
To where is Myles returning the punter?

Hopefully to the house.

preachermatt83
08-31-2017, 10:46 AM
If you ever watched Gray return kicks in juco you would be really excited about him being listed as a return man. Absolutely electric.

Jack Lambert
08-31-2017, 11:16 AM
Mixon can fly on kick off returns. I like this.

I wonder why Brandon Bryant doesn't? Doesn't he run like a 4.3?

ShotgunDawg
08-31-2017, 11:20 AM
I wonder why Brandon Bryant doesn't? Doesn't he run like a 4.3?

Probably a trust factor with wanting guys who normally handle the football to be the ones handling the football.

Bryant spends so little time handling the football, that learning to not fumble could be a chore. With Mixon & Gray, you don't have to worry about that while basically getting the same upside that Bryant would give you.

deltadawg99
08-31-2017, 12:28 PM
Has Gave ever returned punts before? Personally I'd like to see Mixon returning punts to get him more touches and Gabe makes me nervous since he was so inconsistent last year.

Commercecomet24
08-31-2017, 12:53 PM
If you ever watched Gray return kicks in juco you would be really excited about him being listed as a return man. Absolutely electric.

Yep! Human joystick.

CadaverDawg
08-31-2017, 01:03 PM
Pros: We FINALLY have kickoff returners that can BOTH take one the distance while also being big enough to break a tackle and not get knocked into next week

Cons: 1. Gray is #1 WR, so you don't want him hurt on a kickoff, or exhausted to start every series.

2. Myles dropped a lot of balls last year. Not sure a guy with a history of drops should be put at PR.

Those things being considered....I am cool with Gray/Mixon at KOR, but would rather see one of them returning punts too

Commercecomet24
08-31-2017, 01:13 PM
Pros: We FINALLY have kickoff returners that can BOTH take one the distance while also being big enough to break a tackle and not get knocked into next week

Cons: 1. Gray is #1 WR, so you don't want him hurt on a kickoff, or exhausted to start every series.

2. Myles dropped a lot of balls last year. Not sure a guy with a history of drops should be put at PR.

Those things being considered....I am cool with Gray/Mixon at KOR, but would rather see one of them returning punts too

All those are great points. If Gabe has the dropsies fixed he could be really good back there because he accelerates so quickly. He's at top speed his first step. Hopefully he has his issues fixed.

Paul Jones
08-31-2017, 01:29 PM
Punter - Logan Cooke

Kicker - Apparently Tucker Day has won the job

Punt returner - Gabe Myles

Kick Off returns - Gray & Mixon

Injuries - Looks like Abram will be held out for precautionary reasons & should play next week & La Tech

Sounds familiar for some reason**

JoseBrown
08-31-2017, 01:36 PM

I'd have given you credit if it was from you.****

ShotgunDawg
08-31-2017, 01:47 PM

Yup. About the same as Rosebowl said on the Boneyard yesterday.

The season starts in 2 days & it's reported information. Your site is doing fantastic, no reason for this

Paul Jones
08-31-2017, 05:33 PM
Yup. About the same as Rosebowl said on the Boneyard yesterday.

The season starts in 2 days & it's reported information. Your site is doing fantastic, no reason for this

Sorry for not liking someone stealing our info basically word for word just eight minutes after it was in the Biscuits. No issue as long as you said where it came from. It was the exact info and looked suspicious to me.

We report stuff all the time that is premium info. But because we report it doesn't mean we like folk snatching it from us.

Dallas_Dawg
08-31-2017, 06:50 PM
<insert Michael Jackson eating popcorn gif>

msstate7
08-31-2017, 06:53 PM
Sorry for not liking someone stealing our info basically word for word just eight minutes after it was in the Biscuits. No issue as long as you said where it came from. It was the exact info and looked suspicious to me.

We report stuff all the time that is premium info. But because we report it doesn't mean we like folk snatching it from us.

Whatcha got in biscuits for tomorrow?**

RocketDawg
08-31-2017, 07:05 PM
What makes something "premium"?

WSOPdawg
08-31-2017, 08:44 PM
Whatcha got in biscuits for tomorrow?**

Lol, Well judging by some of the "biscuits" above (i.e., Punter - Logan Cooke), maybe for tomorrow we can expect "QB - Nick Fitzgerald"

Seriously Paul, if that was a biscuit, Cooke's only gotten mentioned for numerous pre-season award lists. Who the hell wouldn't think he was gonna be our punter this year (even if we did sign an Army All-American this year). The whole damn Bulldog nation knew Cooke was our punter.

And you guys wanna make an issue of Shotgun for stating the obvious... smdh!!!

Paul Jones
08-31-2017, 08:49 PM
Lol, Well judging by some of the "biscuits" above (i.e., Punter - Logan Cooke), maybe for tomorrow we can expect "QB - Nick Fitzgerald"

Seriously Paul, if that was a biscuit, Cooke's only gotten mentioned for numerous pre-season award lists. Who the hell wouldn't think he was gonna be our punter this year (even if we did sign an Army All-American this year). The whole damn Bulldog nation knew Cooke was our punter.

And you guys wanna make an issue of Shotgun for stating the obvious... smdh!!!

Cooke wasn't the biggest part of the note and of course everyone knows that. Look at his original post 10 minutes after I posted the Biscuits. Nobody said it was breaking news that was in our stuff but why snatch someone's work and make it out as your own. Do you work somewhere that approves of others stealing your work? The main notes centered around the returners and placekicker and the Abram stuff. Again, look at his post and here's my biscuit on that:

Second Biscuit - Staying with team news but looking at the special teams' group, throughout the week I've been able to gather some notes on who is expected to handle those roles on Saturday. Of course no news here, senior Logan Cooke is the starting punter. But I also expect freshman Tucker Day to be the placekicker based on our sources. Also from our sources, we expect senior Gabe Myles to be the punt returner while senior Donald Gray and sophomore Keith Mixon to handle the kickoff return duties. Also of note, we expect junior safety Johnathan Abram to be held out of the opener moreso to be on the cautious side and he likely makes his Mississippi State debut next weekend at Louisiana Tech.

Again not an issue as long as folks say where it comes from. And I wouldn't say a thing but this is not a one-time thing with this poster.

Hasu Dackds
08-31-2017, 08:55 PM
Cooke wasn't the biggest part of the note and of course everyone knows that. Look at his original post 10 minutes after I posted the Biscuits. Nobody said it was breaking news that was in our stuff but why snatch someone's work and make it out as your own. Do you work somewhere that approves of others stealing your work? The main notes centered around the returners and placekicker and the Abram stuff. Again, look at his post and here's my biscuit on that:

Second Biscuit - Staying with team news but looking at the special teams' group, throughout the week I've been able to gather some notes on who is expected to handle those roles on Saturday. Of course no news here, senior Logan Cooke is the starting punter. But I also expect freshman Tucker Day to be the placekicker based on our sources. Also from our sources, we expect senior Gabe Myles to be the punt returner while senior Donald Gray and sophomore Keith Mixon to handle the kickoff return duties. Also of note, we expect junior safety Johnathan Abram to be held out of the opener moreso to be on the cautious side and he likely makes his Mississippi State debut next weekend at Louisiana Tech.

Again not an issue as long as folks say where it comes from. And I wouldn't say a thing but this is not a one-time thing with this poster.
Paul some people will never get it.

I for one appreciate what you do, keep up the great work.