PDA

View Full Version : On this day....

Lumpy Chucklelips
08-31-2017, 07:34 AM
Credited to the Flying M tweet...

On this day 10 years ago, Michael Henig threw 6 interceptions as #2 LSU shut out MSU 45-0 in Starkville. MSU had 10 yards rushing.

Paraphrasing what Dak said the other day, some of us don't know how good we have it.

Hail State

Reason2succeed
08-31-2017, 07:39 AM
Amen. That was one of my worst moments as a bulldogs fan. Also high on the list were

1. The loss to Maine.
2. The loss to La Tech. (I became unhinged at their stadium. Yes, that was me.)
3. Every time we've loss to OM.

TStationDawg
08-31-2017, 07:40 AM
WOW! Winston Churchill say, historic day indeed.

BrunswickDawg
08-31-2017, 07:44 AM
I will still never understand how that team won 8 games. The defense was pretty salty - 18 INTs was just unreal. But the offense was essentially Boobie Dixon falling forward for 3 yards on every single snap. God knows we couldn't throw it.

Pollodawg
08-31-2017, 07:47 AM
A few days before the '08 La Tech game, my wife had bought me a new watch. It wasn't much. We were dirt poor back then. Maybe a $100 total Bulova. At any rate, we were both in college, and I was damned proud of that thing. I got so enraged when we lost that I pounded my fist on the top of a chest-of-drawers and broke the watch. What a shit day. Thanks a lot, Croom.

Mimi's Babies
08-31-2017, 07:48 AM
Makes one be THANKFUL for our Coaches and B. B. (complacence office) without his due diligence where would we be?

TrapGame
08-31-2017, 07:54 AM
Didn't Henig get hurt that game? Talk about insult to injury.

BrunswickDawg
08-31-2017, 08:00 AM
Didn't Henig get hurt that game? Talk about insult to injury.

Henig got hurt every game. Be more specific.

TrapGame
08-31-2017, 08:26 AM

Ha! Very true. Wasn't this the first shoulder injury? Then he played a few more games until the game he broke his clavicle.

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-31-2017, 08:29 AM
Amen. That was one of my worst moments as a bulldogs fan. Also high on the list were

1. The loss to Maine.
2. The loss to La Tech. (I became unhinged at their stadium. Yes, that was me.)
3. Every time we've loss to OM.

I take it South Alabama would be #4

Tbonewannabe
08-31-2017, 08:31 AM

I will say Henig was a tough SOB to keep going back out there. If Croom would have been able to turn over the offense like he did the defense then he might have been here a few more years. Thank God he didn't. We got very little backlash from firing him because of his incompetence on offense. You are another level of shitty when you don't break the 100s in offense for 5 years straight. He also did that with Boobie who ended up as the career leader in rushing.

TStationDawg
08-31-2017, 08:31 AM
Every tackle Henig ever took:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAJxjQOErcQ

Tbonewannabe
08-31-2017, 08:32 AM
Ha! Very true. Wasn't this the first shoulder injury? Then he played a few more games until the game he broke his clavicle.

Was this the year that Wes Carroll just basically handed it to Boobie and don't throw Ints?

Tbonewannabe
08-31-2017, 08:33 AM
Every tackle Henig ever took:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAJxjQOErcQ

That bird weighed about as much as he did also. It looked like Holloway back there trying to play QB.

Reason2succeed
08-31-2017, 08:45 AM
We have walk ons better than Henig now. I'd take Rip Kirk over Henig every day.

Political Hack
08-31-2017, 08:45 AM
I will say Henig was a tough SOB to keep going back out there. If Croom would have been able to turn over the offense like he did the defense then he might have been here a few more years. Thank God he didn't. We got very little backlash from firing him because of his incompetence on offense. You are another level of shitty when you don't break the 100s in offense for 5 years straight. He also did that with Boobie who ended up as the career leader in rushing.

Amen to that. He took more punishment than any QB I've ever seen. I think jRock or Boobie (the RB) actually called a TO for him when Henig was standing there getting ready to take a snap and he noticed that Henig couldn't raise his arm. Didn't come out. Just gotnup with a broken bone, called the play, and walked up to the line. Dude was a warrior.

TrapGame
08-31-2017, 08:51 AM
Was this the year that Wes Carroll just basically handed it to Boobie and don't throw Ints?

Yep, Boobie and Ducre made Kentucky's DL look jr. high school level that year. Rich Brooks got Croomed that year.

Pollodawg
08-31-2017, 09:06 AM
Speaking of '07, wasn't that the year Brandon Cox (AU QB) threw four ints, and we returned two of them for TDs? We beat AU for the first time since 2000 that day. We also beat Bama that year, kicked off by a 103 yard int return. Wild.

confucius say
08-31-2017, 09:07 AM
I'm still amazed croom never figured out he could go 6-6 with his defenses if he just would have ran the zone read with Omar Conner and Norwood/boobie

Pollodawg
08-31-2017, 09:09 AM
Best moment of the whole Croom era was him waving that M State flag in OM's face.

TrapGame
08-31-2017, 09:12 AM
I'm still amazed croom never figured out he could go 6-6 with his defenses if he just would have ran the zone read with Omar Conner and Norwood/boobie

The read option was Chinese to Croom. He was stuck in 1973.

Randolph Dupree
08-31-2017, 09:37 AM
A few days before the '08 La Tech game, my wife had bought me a new watch. It wasn't much. We were dirt poor back then. Maybe a $100 total Bulova. At any rate, we were both in college, and I was damned proud of that thing. I got so enraged when we lost that I pounded my fist on the top of a chest-of-drawers and broke the watch. What a shit day. Thanks a lot, Croom.

Haha. Your watch got Croomed.

32 Dive
08-31-2017, 10:09 AM
The read option was Chinese to Croom. He was stuck in 1973.

To rephrase, in a slight Cristilism: "The read option didn't have a Chinaman's chance..."

HSVDawg
08-31-2017, 11:49 AM
That one game sucked, but that season wasn't terrible. 2007 squad was better than 2 or 3 of Mullen's teams. Its not like we are looking back on Maine or Tulane.

NCDawg
08-31-2017, 12:31 PM
That one game sucked, but that season wasn't terrible. 2007 squad was better than 2 or 3 of Mullen's teams. Its not like we are looking back on Maine or Tulane.

I agree with this statement. We weren't competitive against Alabama last year. If they hadn't substituted in the 2nd half, there's no telling how bad they could have beaten us. Our OL was dominated and poor Fitz had little or no time to throw.