PDA

View Full Version : Um Frat boy sticks banana in tree....

maroonthruandthru
08-31-2017, 05:59 AM
http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2017/08/bedwetter-alert-at-ole-miss.html?m=1

anubus
08-31-2017, 06:19 AM
They can't .....they're that damned stupid .I'm so glad when I was a child I decided to be a fan of State instead of that clown show up north

BulldogBear
08-31-2017, 06:25 AM
This isn't just an Ole Miss problem. This generation seems broken or something.

Bullsy
08-31-2017, 06:47 AM
Lighten up Francis

Dolphus Raymond
08-31-2017, 06:52 AM

This

Mimi's Babies
08-31-2017, 07:05 AM
I read this and thought it a total joke. IHL needs to take over tsun. Something has to be done to take control. Remember God don't like UGLY.

Martianlander
08-31-2017, 07:25 AM
I read this and thought it a total joke. IHL needs to take over tsun. Something has to be done to take control. Remember God don't like UGLY.

I agree. The situation there just gets worse and worse. The next generation needs to be "saved", if that's the right word, from the tsun culture.

Lord McBuckethead
08-31-2017, 07:28 AM
Yo I don't know. Turn off the lights and I'll glow.

Reason2succeed
08-31-2017, 07:30 AM
Just like with a victim of rape or some other form of trauma if you have never felt the pain of racism then it is best of you do not try to minimize it.

Dental Dawg33
08-31-2017, 07:47 AM

Rest assured, there are plenty of us from this generation that are not damaged, sensitive little Prima Donnas. We are just as disgusted with the self centered, overly emotional cry babies of our society.

BrunswickDawg
08-31-2017, 07:58 AM
I'm going to play devil's advocate here -

We all know Ole Miss still has a lot of racially tinged incidents in their recent history - it's been what 3 years since the Meredith statue incident.
If you were black, and went to Ole Miss, you have at a minimum heard whispers behind your back or been flat out called a N**** by someone on campus. Probably by one of these same Vineyard Vine wearing frat boys you are at a dumb ass unity retreat with. If, after an half day long conversation about symbolism and how things that may represent something to one group be a racist symbol in another, you walked out of your camp house to find a banana in a tree, you'd probably be pissed off too. I mean shit, as triggered as some on here get about Hevesy, I'd think there would be a lot more sympathy on this board.

LC Dawg
08-31-2017, 08:31 AM
I'm going to play devil's advocate here -

We all know Ole Miss still has a lot of racially tinged incidents in their recent history - it's been what 3 years since the Meredith statue incident.
If you were black, and went to Ole Miss, you have at a minimum heard whispers behind your back or been flat out called a N**** by someone on campus. Probably by one of these same Vineyard Vine wearing frat boys you are at a dumb ass unity retreat with. If, after an half day long conversation about symbolism and how things that may represent something to one group be a racist symbol in another, you walked out of your camp house to find a banana in a tree, you'd probably be pissed off too. I mean shit, as triggered as some on here get about Hevesy, I'd think there would be a lot more sympathy on this board.

I am a little surprised at how many people are just blowing this off because I can absolutely see an Ole Miss frat boy doing exactly what you describe.

Reason2succeed
08-31-2017, 08:35 AM
Rest assured, there are plenty of us from this generation that are not damaged, sensitive little Prima Donnas. We are just as disgusted with the self centered, overly emotional cry babies of our society.

If that were your mom, wife or sister would you feel the same way if on a retreat away from everyone else some big black dude put a racist/offensive symbol out to threaten them? I hope you would want to fight. Any real man should.

BrunswickDawg
08-31-2017, 08:42 AM

Same people who bitch all the time about how horrible the current generation is are the same people who called us "Generation Slack". We were never going to amount to anything, had no work ethic, and only cared about killer tunes, tasty waves, and a hit from a bong. Personally, I think its all the Kings of Self Centered Thought - the ME Generation - our overlords the Baby Boomers and their way of maintaining their superiority over their kids and grandkids.

Reason2succeed
08-31-2017, 08:48 AM
Same people who bitch all the time about how horrible the current generation is are the same people who called us "Generation Slack". We were never going to amount to anything, had no work ethic, and only cared about killer tunes, tasty waves, and a hit from a bong. Personally, I think its all the Kings of Self Centered Thought - the ME Generation - our overlords the Baby Boomers and their way of maintaining their superiority over their kids and grandkids.

Not to mention their great example of 50% divorce rate, workaholism, and alcoholism. No wonder the next generation is all messed up.

MagicDawg
08-31-2017, 09:02 AM
Someone could walk down a sidewalk, throw a box of uncooked spaghetti in the air, and invent all kinds of symbolism in the way it landed. You might even find letters... three K's, or an N, an A, a Z, and an I. But that is a function of someone trying to fit what they see into what they want to find and talk about. It doesn't mean it was actually an example of bigotry.

Laughing at this nonsense isn't racism or belittling race issues. People who find racism in banana peels are the ones who are truly devaluing and belittling the importance of honestly discussing unresolved racial issues in America. Feigned hypersensitivity is as damaging to this conversation as insensitivity.

I have no doubt there are racists (of all pigmentations) on campus at OM and MSU and every campus on Earth. But I do not think they are secretly rallying behind banana peel lynching symbolism. Sometimes a banana peel is just a banana peel.

Cooterpoot
08-31-2017, 09:06 AM
I just have to wonder.....do these little whack jobs we're raising realize that free speech means you aren't always going to agree with something? Grow a sack and STFU people. You aren't offended. You're entitled.

Reason2succeed
08-31-2017, 09:07 AM
Someone could walk down a sidewalk, throw a box of uncooked spaghetti in the air, and invent all kinds of symbolism in the way it landed. You might even find letters... three K's, or an N, an A, a Z, and an I. But that is a function of someone trying to fit what they see into what they want to find and talk about. It doesn't mean it was actually an example of bigotry.

Laughing at this nonsense isn't racism or belittling race issues. People who find racism in banana peels are the ones who are truly devaluing and belittling the importance of honestly discussing unresolved racial issues in America. Feigned hypersensitivity is as damaging to this conversation as insensitivity.

I have no doubt there are racists (of all pigmentations) on campus at OM and MSU and every campus on Earth. But I do not think they are secretly rallying behind banana peel lynching symbolism. Sometimes a banana peel is just a banana peel.

If you're that naive I have some beachfront property to sell you.

Coldsleeve Jr.
08-31-2017, 09:15 AM
If you see a banana peel and think racism, YOU'RE the racist one.

Pollodawg
08-31-2017, 09:23 AM

Hammer meet nail. Baby Boomers are the most irresponsible generation in American history.

BrunswickDawg
08-31-2017, 09:23 AM

As a Pastafarian with the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster (https://www.venganza.org/), I find this offensive.

There is ALWAYS symbolism in spaghetti.

Apoplectic
08-31-2017, 09:30 AM
Who besides me submitted the nutjob snowflake banana story to drudge?

Dawg-gone-dawgs
08-31-2017, 09:43 AM

THIS^^ The one's who cry "Racists!" are among the most racist people in the world.

smootness
08-31-2017, 09:51 AM

I mean, sticking a banana peel so prominently in a tree because you couldn't find a trash can is a pretty weak excuse. Why would it not be thrown on the ground, or in the woods? In a tree? If it was an innocent thing, it was pretty bizarre. Not that tough to see why someone might think it was done intentionally.

Dental Dawg33
08-31-2017, 10:00 AM

Ding ding ding, we have a winner. ^^^

UMCDawg16
08-31-2017, 10:07 AM

Goodness you have no clue. He speaks the truth and you don't want to see it, or can't see it. You are too caught up in labeling everything racist, to fit your agenda, to see it.

UMCDawg16
08-31-2017, 10:08 AM

Great post

Lord McBuckethead
08-31-2017, 10:26 AM
so someone ate a banana, then hung it in a tree.
Look I am a snowflake as much as the next guy, but this seems like something that wasn't meant to offend. Guy ate banana, left the banana peel to decompose instead of putting it in the trash. I am sure no more thought went into it.

I routinely throw my banana peels on the ground on purpose. I am sure this person meant nothing by it.

Now I would get on board with the animosity if they took a full banana and hung it from the tree with clear intention based on the manner of hanging.

Quaoarsking
08-31-2017, 10:29 AM
It was probably just a lazy frat boy who couldn't be bothered to find a garbage can, but can anyone blame black people for being on edge and hypersensitive at Ole Miss of all places?

notsofarawaydawg
08-31-2017, 10:36 AM
Everyone is missing the entire picture of what really happened. The guy saw a monkey in the tree and gave him the banana. The monkey ate the fruit and didn't want to litter so he left the peel on the tree branch. The guy was smoking some of that TCUN pot. **

Coldsleeve Jr.
08-31-2017, 10:39 AM
I mean, sticking a banana peel so prominently in a tree because you couldn't find a trash can is a pretty weak excuse. Why would it not be thrown on the ground, or in the woods? In a tree? If it was an innocent thing, it was pretty bizarre. Not that tough to see why someone might think it was done intentionally.

Ok... So at what point does someone equate a banana peel in a tree to a human race, as opposed to an animal commonly known to eat bananas in trees?

Maybe Im naive but if I saw that I'd think someone was making a joke that a monkey was on the loose, or some idiot threw a banana peel in a tree.

BayouDawg
08-31-2017, 10:45 AM

I am a part of this generation and I whole heartedly agree with you.

Reason2succeed
08-31-2017, 11:13 AM
Goodness you have no clue. He speaks the truth and you don't want to see it, or can't see it. You are too caught up in labeling everything racist, to fit your agenda, to see it.

Let me say this a little more forcefully than before. If you have never been on the receiving end of racial epithets or violence do yourself a favor and STFU. You have no idea what you are talking about.

Percho
08-31-2017, 11:16 AM
I put a whole banana that had turned black in a pot with a tomato plant in it in my back yard.

What meaning could this possibly have?

What if I lived on campus and did the same thing, would it change what it could mean?

BTW I actually did it, to put K in the soil.

Jack Lambert
08-31-2017, 11:18 AM
When I was in the Philippines I saw a Banana show, it involved a female.

MagicDawg
08-31-2017, 11:24 AM

Thanks for your concern, but I am not naive. I have been on the receiving end of real-life racism. I have stood up to people in my own family and circle of friends who were committing real-life racism and stopped it. I've seen it, felt it, and fought against it. I am fine with respectfully disagreeing with your analysis, and vice versa.

I spend enough time on ships and in ports that I don't need any beach property. Thanks!

Find me in person sometime and I'll buy the first round. Cheers.

TUSK
08-31-2017, 11:40 AM

Misogynist!

That being said, may I have a list of "non offensive fruits and vegetables" so I don't find myself in the same predicament?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-31-2017, 11:42 AM
Just like with a victim of rape or some other form of trauma if you have never felt the pain of racism then it is best of you do not try to minimize it.

Wait, what?

TimberBeast
08-31-2017, 11:45 AM
Let me say this a little more forcefully than before. If you have never been on the receiving end of racial epithets or violence do yourself a favor and STFU. You have no idea what you are talking about.

My junior high and high school were about 80% black, 20% white. I saw racism and heard plenty against white people everyday, we constantly had to fight back against it all the time. It's an even bigger problem at that same high school now than when I was there. Does that count?

TUSK
08-31-2017, 11:46 AM

wow.

(in before the lock)

LakesDawg
08-31-2017, 11:53 AM
http://kingfish1935.blogspot.com/2017/08/bedwetter-alert-at-ole-miss.html?m=1

Rush Limbaugh discussing on his show as we speak.....

Reason2succeed
08-31-2017, 11:59 AM
My junior high and high school were about 80% black, 20% white. I saw racism and heard plenty against white people everyday, we constantly had to fight back against it all the time. It's an even bigger problem at that same high school now than when I was there. Does that count?

Why wouldn't it? Y'all are trying to make this a white black thing but it's a right wrong thing.

shoeless joe
08-31-2017, 12:05 PM
Why wouldn't it? Y'all are trying to make this a white black thing but it's a right wrong thing.

I agree with this post.

The issue is with the question of who is getting to choose what is right or wrong???

TimberBeast
08-31-2017, 12:10 PM

Ok now I'm truly confused. Are you offended that someone ate a banana, and threw the peel into a tree? And if so, why are you offended? Because you believe it was littering?

mstatefan91
08-31-2017, 12:18 PM
Look, I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I understand what it's like to be a minority in the United States and especially the South, but some of this has gone too far. That's for both sides

The biggest threat I see from all of this is the right to free speech. There are some who would take these situations and use them to limit speech under the guise of "hate speech" and "hate symbolism". This can lead to jail time and heavy fines towards politicians whom you don't support or just normal everyday people who don't support your view point. It's a very slippery slope.

You quite literally have people calling Clay Travis on Twitter a racist because he disagrees with them about what's going on and what to do about it.

Then because of this you have faults on the Right where people don't want to condemn real acts of racism because they feel like they're giving an inch away and the next inch could be their right to free speech.

Until both sides come together and have a rationale debate on the topic and form some kind of consensus, this country is going to continue to be divided.

This is a generalization. I realize the situation is more complex than what I stated.

TUSK
08-31-2017, 12:20 PM
Ok now I'm truly confused. Are you offended that someone ate a banana, and threw the peel into a tree? And if so, why are you offended? Because you believe it was littering?

Yeah, I don't get it, either (if it's not a "white black" thing)... I'm as lost as a goose, now....

Maybe that particular species of tree was Potassium intolerant?

TUSK
08-31-2017, 12:22 PM
Look, I'm not going to sit here and pretend that I understand what it's like to be a minority in the United States and especially the South, but some of this has gone too far. That's for both sides

The biggest threat I see from all of this is the right to free speech. There are some who would take these situations and use them to limit speech under the guise of "hate speech" and "hate symbolism". This can lead to jail time and heavy fines towards politicians whom you don't support or just normal everyday people who don't support your view point. It's a very slippery slope.

You quite literally have people calling Clay Travis on Twitter a racist because he disagrees with them about what's going on and what to do about it.

Then because of this you have faults on the Right where people don't want to condemn real acts of racism because they feel like they're giving an inch away and the next inch could be their right to free speech.

Until both sides come together and have a rationale debate on the topic and form some kind of consensus, this country is going to continue to be divided.

This is a generalization. I realize the situation is more complex than what I stated.

I don't think it is... very nicely summed up...

HSVDawg
08-31-2017, 12:28 PM

I always think about Mario Kart and get instantly triggered about those lost 1st place finishes.

UMCDawg16
08-31-2017, 12:29 PM

I'm glad you put a little more force into that post because your initial post was being ignored by the rest of this board. Arguing with race-baiters like yourself does no good. Fact remains that you are WAY off on this issue and I think most people here would agree. Now, carry on with your agenda of plugging racism into evey pseudo-issue you can, to further your agenda.

Dental Dawg33
08-31-2017, 12:30 PM
If that were your mom, wife or sister would you feel the same way if on a retreat away from everyone else some big black dude put a racist/offensive symbol out to threaten them? I hope you would want to fight. Any real man should.

I don't care what race or gender you are, if you insult or threaten my family, then there will be hell to pay. If the banana peel placed was indeed meant as a symbol of racial hatred, then yes it's a problem and an issue that should be dealt with. But why is it not possible it's just trash some DA placed in a tree? Just another controversial story that's creating more unnecessary tension between people.

smootness
08-31-2017, 12:33 PM
Maybe Im naive but if I saw that I'd think someone was making a joke that a monkey was on the loose, or some idiot threw a banana peel in a tree.

Are you black?

And for the record, regardless of the reason it was placed there, it shouldn't be a national story of any kind. I'm just saying that it's not shocking that someone who has faced racial discrimination or hatred in the past might see that and think someone did it intentionally.

Dawg61
08-31-2017, 12:36 PM
Personally, I think its all the Kings of Self Centered Thought - the ME Generation - our overlords the Baby Boomers and their way of maintaining their superiority over their kids and grandkids.

This X a billion!!!! Thank you for saying what I have been thinking/feeling for years now but could never figure out how to say it correctly till you just did!! This is exactly how I feel.

maroonthruandthru
08-31-2017, 12:37 PM
Maybe I should have made the point that the peel was hanging in the tree to emphasize it was done on purpose. Let me ask this simple question to all, but mainly to the ones not seeing an issue with it. How many of you have ever hung a banana peel in a tree? Better yet how many of you have ever seen a banana peel just hanging in a tree? I'm 57 years old and have never hung one in a tree or seen one hanging in a tree. Maybe I've just lived a sheltered life.

Dawg61
08-31-2017, 12:44 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/Nlur5uO8GkjC0/giphy.gif

Leroy Jenkins
08-31-2017, 12:44 PM

If someone said "I saw a banana" and another person said "I was raped". I would immediately think "yeah, those two things are pretty much the same". Hopefully there are no banana statues so we can save the time we would have used to remove those.

Also..... In before the thread lock.

BrunswickDawg
08-31-2017, 12:46 PM
I agree with this post.

The issue is with the question of who is getting to choose what is right or wrong???

And that is the absolute crux of the problem - who does get to choose what is right and wrong. Is it you, your minister, your dad, my mom, my imam, the President, your State, my State, your God, my Jehovah, the New Testament, the Old Testament, the Book of Mormon or the Koran?

In an open, free society, that right/wrong question is decided by consensus of the governed and usually codified in law.

However, the reality is we don't live in a true open and free society. Depending upon your station in life -be it race, socio-economic, gender, location or any number of variables- that consensus may be dominated by one viewpoint shared not by the majority but by someone/group with the "most". That "most" could be political power, money, or any number of things. When those with the "most" determine the right or wrong in a manner that benefits them and not the greater society, you have these schisms created along lines of social order. The ideas of "am I my brother's keeper", "do unto others as you would have them do unto you", etc have been passed down through the ages for a reason. If we refuse to see that the decisions of our forefathers have created lasting schisms, that our station in life provides a perspective that is different from person to person, that our actions no matter how insignificant they may seem to us can have both lasting positive or negative impacts on others, and that working together to solve our countries problems is NOT what those in power want us to do we will continue to spiral into a death of our own making.

Dawg61
08-31-2017, 12:46 PM
I would like to add this thread is better than any other single thread that has been on the Political board this year and everyone in this thread that doesn't have access to the political board what are you waiting for?? We need threads like this on that board and we need more members. Please include yourself on that board by getting added. Thank you

mstatefan91
08-31-2017, 12:48 PM
I would like to add this thread is better than any other single thread that has been on the Political board this year and everyone in this thread that doesn't have access to the political board what are you waiting for?? We need threads like this on that board and we need more members. Please include yourself on that board by getting added. Thank you

I've tried to get access a few times.. Still waiting.

TimberBeast
08-31-2017, 12:50 PM
Maybe I should have made the point that the peel was hanging in the tree to emphasize it was done on purpose. Let me ask this simple question to all, but mainly to the ones not seeing an issue with it. How many of you have ever hung a banana peel in a tree? Better yet how many of you have ever seen a banana peel just hanging in a tree? I'm 57 years old and have never hung one in a tree or seen one hanging in a tree. Maybe I've just lived a sheltered life.

Or maybe you have seen a banana peel "hanging" in a tree before and don't remember it because it was meaningless. And also, how do you "hang" a banana peel in a tree and have it emphasize anything? My guess is that the banana peel could have been laying anywhere and one of these racists would have had a problem with it because they are looking for anything they can to call racism.

TUSK
08-31-2017, 12:52 PM
This X a billion!!!! Thank you for saying what I have been thinking/feeling for years now but could never figure out how to say it correctly till you just did!! This is exactly how I feel.

My experience has been that the Baby Boomers (for several reasons) spoiled their children, leading us to to what we have with Millennials/Echo Boomers (hyper sensitivity/PC craze/SJW, etc)...

But I'm no social scientist...

BeardoMSU
08-31-2017, 12:52 PM
Uh...............never mind. Football is here.

https://media.giphy.com/media/wj1SIvSM4ago/giphy.gif

Dental Dawg33
08-31-2017, 12:58 PM
Uh...............never mind. Football is here.

https://media.giphy.com/media/wj1SIvSM4ago/giphy.gif

Just spitting coffee out. That's great hahaha

08-31-2017, 01:03 PM

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/banana-tree-picture-id157721276?s=612x612

RougeDawg
08-31-2017, 01:21 PM

We are witnessing he first full generation of "participation trophy" and "not keeping score" which has been created by the liberal left agenda to fully takeover and control the nation and society.

Dawg61
08-31-2017, 01:28 PM
I've tried to get access a few times.. Still waiting.

Just sent a PM to admin to try to speed this up for you. Thanks for wanting to join the PB.

Mimi's Babies
08-31-2017, 01:30 PM
The ENTITLEMENT Generation.... That is the issue....
This is being taught in your schools through Common Core...
The educational realm is a joke and we need to take control of what is being taught to our children.
Wake up AMERICA!!!
My children are generation Xer and I would be their _________- if they acted this way.
(psst -- they are grown adults with families)

BrunswickDawg
08-31-2017, 01:44 PM
We are witnessing he first full generation of "participation trophy" and "not keeping score" which has been created by the liberal left agenda to fully takeover and control the nation and society.

I'm sorry you never got trophies as a kid - but, that is total BS. You are buying a meme that people are selling. My grandmother had drawers full of trophies and certificates that my Dad and Uncle got as kids in the 1950s, and my Mom had the same thing for us 1970s kids. I've got 2 Millennials of my own - now 18 and 16 - and neither one of them got any more stuff for participation than what I've seen from either of the 2 previous generations. Other than tee-ball at age 5, scores were kept in every game, wins and losses were recorded, all the victories were sweet and all the loses and strikeouts sucked. Oh, and I live "on the coast" where "all the liberals have ruined everything".

Apoplectic
08-31-2017, 02:08 PM
Someone please delete this thread.......
{
//leaving room in tears
}

BeardoMSU
08-31-2017, 02:15 PM
I'm sorry you never got trophies as a kid - but, that is total BS. You are buying a meme that people are selling. My grandmother had drawers full of trophies and certificates that my Dad and Uncle got as kids in the 1950s, and my Mom had the same thing for us 1970s kids. I've got 2 Millennials of my own - now 18 and 16 - and neither one of them got any more stuff for participation than what I've seen from either of the 2 previous generations. Other than tee-ball at age 5, scores were kept in every game, wins and losses were recorded, all the victories were sweet and all the loses and strikeouts sucked. Oh, and I live "on the coast" where "all the liberals have ruined everything".

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to BrunswickDawg again.

Coldsleeve Jr.
08-31-2017, 02:31 PM
Are you black?

And for the record, regardless of the reason it was placed there, it shouldn't be a national story of any kind. I'm just saying that it's not shocking that someone who has faced racial discrimination or hatred in the past might see that and think someone did it intentionally.

No, but I'm not offended if someone leaves a cracker on the ground.

And I don't think you have to be something other than black to ignore a random banana peel in a tree and not make it about racism. There's a lot of unknown dots to connect and a desire to be viewed as being victimized to make that scenario work out as racism.

Again I ask, at what point does the banana peel equate to a human race versus an animal commonly known to eat bananas in trees?

Quaoarsking
08-31-2017, 02:45 PM
The ENTITLEMENT Generation.... That is the issue....
This is being taught in your schools through Common Core...
The educational realm is a joke and we need to take control of what is being taught to our children.
Wake up AMERICA!!!
My children are generation Xer and I would be their _________- if they acted this way.
(psst -- they are grown adults with families)

LOL, common core pertains to standardized reading and math levels in all 50 states. Regardless of whether that's good or bad, it has nothing to do with teaching kids to feel entitled or whatever.

shannondawg
08-31-2017, 02:58 PM
Don't know if mentioned previously , but I was going in to eat lunch Rush Limbaugh had gotten hold of it, and he was giving them hell, I only listened a minute as I knew the outcome.

They like being in the national news, they getting it.

smootness
08-31-2017, 04:16 PM
Again I ask, at what point does the banana peel equate to a human race versus an animal commonly known to eat bananas in trees?

Don't be obtuse. Banana peels have long been used by idiot racists as a way of trying to degrade black people. Does that mean this specific banana peel was intended to be taken that way? Of course not. But it absolutely could have been. And the bottom line is that if you are not a minority who has faced racial discrimination and hatred, you can't put yourself in those shoes.

Equating a banana peel with a cracker on the ground is dumb, and I think you know that.

Coldsleeve Jr.
08-31-2017, 04:49 PM
Equating a banana peel with a cracker on the ground is dumb, and I think you know that.

I think they're equally dumb and neither are racist by themselves.

My point was I'm not that fragile to be offended by neither a malicious or innocent act by a stranger who I likely will never know. If it were a clear violent act, then of course I'd be offended. Otherwise, toughen up.

WSOPdawg
08-31-2017, 04:56 PM

But occasionally I notice some idiot (or young kid) has thrown a pair of tied-together-at-the-laces shoes over a power line and I think, what the hell!!! What dumba$$ would do that!!!??? Couldn't a couple of kids have chunked a banana peel to see if it would hang up in a tree for kicks?

Dawg61
08-31-2017, 05:03 PM
I think the banana has gotten enough attention. Let's move on to mangos. Much tastier.

TimberBeast
08-31-2017, 05:11 PM
Don't be obtuse. Banana peels have long been used by idiot racists as a way of trying to degrade black people. Does that mean this specific banana peel was intended to be taken that way? Of course not. But it absolutely could have been. And the bottom line is that if you are not a minority who has faced racial discrimination and hatred, you can't put yourself in those shoes.

Banana peels have long been used to degrade black people? Seriously? I'm 41, lived in several places in MS and still do, and I have never once heard of this happening, ever. I've seen banana peels laying on the ground plenty of times. Now I guess I know they were put there by white supremicists as a way of degrading black people. Any person looking for racism in a banana peel stuck in a tree has a problem and will likely find the racism they are looking for in just about anything. These people are the racists and are the problem.

BrunswickDawg
08-31-2017, 05:11 PM
I think the banana has gotten enough attention. Let's move on to mangos. Much tastier.

I can't believe we are 77 posts into this discussion and no one has brought this up:

https://media.giphy.com/media/l41lSmrGLfYEFS2DC/giphy.gif

Dawg61
08-31-2017, 05:30 PM
I can't believe we are 77 posts into this discussion and no one has brought this up:

https://media.giphy.com/media/l41lSmrGLfYEFS2DC/giphy.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjI5VtIhHvK37WYo/giphy.gif

Btw if anyone wants access to the political board you have to PM Scoobadawg. He is the gatekeeper.

starkvegasdawg
08-31-2017, 05:40 PM
So is the banana peel racist just because it was in a tree? Would it have been racist thrown on the ground or neatly folded somewhere? Is there a minimum height requirement before a banana peel becomes racist?

shannondawg
08-31-2017, 07:47 PM
I thought the cracker on the ground was funny, I sure caught the meaning of that and had no idea a banana peel was racist and I'm older than dirt.

Goldendawg
08-31-2017, 07:53 PM
Heck, I'm a baby boomer who thought my dad's generation didn't know how to say "I love You" to us kids. Now I find out I continued to help screw up the following generations. I'll have to talk to my 34 year old daughter ( a rebel) and my 16 year old son ( a super hard core dawg!) about this.

PSYCHO(thesis)DEFENSE
08-31-2017, 07:59 PM

most popular fruit in the world

Mutt the Hoople
08-31-2017, 08:09 PM
...I'd have gotten a box of Saltine crackers and put them on the doorstep of the white Fraternity's cabin. Then, everybody would've gotten a big laugh.

P.S. The worst thing to improve race relations is "dialogue". What's needed is a Common Purpose- the two places where race relations have improved the last 60 years is The Military, and Sports. In both, it doesn't matter what your color is, as long as you perform. Brotherhoods are formed from this.

Hasu Dackds
08-31-2017, 08:50 PM
LOL, common core pertains to standardized reading and math levels in all 50 states. Regardless of whether that's good or bad, it has nothing to do with teaching kids to feel entitled or whatever.

Bullshit. It's about raising scores, and it results in regression to the mean. It stifles independent thought. The useful idiots still haven't realized that their retarded worldview doesn't work. We aren't all equal.

Hasu Dackds
08-31-2017, 09:53 PM
...I'd have gotten a box of Saltine crackers and put them on the doorstep of the white Fraternity's cabin. Then, everybody would've gotten a big laugh.

P.S. The worst thing to improve race relations is "dialogue". What's needed is a Common Purpose- the two places where race relations have improved the last 60 years is The Military, and Sports. In both, it doesn't matter what your color is, as long as you perform. Brotherhoods are formed from this.

Yes. Nobody cares about race when shit is hitting the fan. Only place diversity and all that type stuff ever comes up is things like government jobs or companies too big to fail. So fat and happy that they can afford to hire diversity officers, LOL

BrunswickDawg
08-31-2017, 09:59 PM
Bullshit. It's about raising scores, and it results in regression to the mean. It stifles independent thought. The useful idiots still haven't realized that their retarded worldview doesn't work. We aren't all equal.

Good to know you think Republicans are retarded - since Common Core was created by the Republican Governors Association - and championed early on by Barbour, Sonny Perdue, and W.

BeardoMSU
08-31-2017, 10:02 PM
since Common Core was created by the Republican Governors Association - and championed early on by Barbour, Sonny Perdue, and W.

https://media.giphy.com/media/xT0GqfvuVpNqEf3z2w/giphy.gif

Bdawg
08-31-2017, 11:27 PM

Other than track ribbons, all the trophies I ever got had 1st place carved in them. Starting from t-ball on up.

BeardoMSU
08-31-2017, 11:30 PM
Other than track ribbons, all the trophies I ever got had 1st place carved in them. Starting from t-ball on up.

That settles it then, I guess....

Bdawg
08-31-2017, 11:40 PM
That settles it then, I guess....

Just saying I never received 2nd place trophies! :) Maybe others did, but not me and my friends growing up

BeardoMSU
08-31-2017, 11:49 PM
Just saying I never received 2nd place trophies! :) Maybe others did, but not me and my friends growing up

That's cool. I've never had a bird that wasn't at leat a 9.5 on the Mohs Hotness scale. I'm probably one of your friends.**

TUSK
08-31-2017, 11:50 PM

What the hell is that?

Bdawg
08-31-2017, 11:54 PM
What the hell is that?

The first loser!! You should know from last year TUSK!!! ;)

TUSK
09-01-2017, 12:11 AM

that was funny

BeardoMSU
09-01-2017, 12:17 AM

I'm sure in 20 years People Magazine will rank them #1 despite the loss...so don't hold your breath**

TUSK
09-01-2017, 01:02 AM
I'm sure in 20 years People Magazine will rank them #1 despite the loss...so don't hold your breath**

782 NCs, and counting, brother!