PDA

View Full Version : Now we know why Sallach was so mad

Reason2succeed
08-29-2017, 08:58 PM
Sallach had finally gotten a full staff of highly talented TEs and then he is told to go kick rocks and Mullen hires DJ Looney to come and get the good press. The young coach is able to come in and pad his resume with the huge turnaround in TE production. I have nothing against it because it happens all the time but I understand part of his frustration.

Before you write it I know it his own fault that he went eight years without a TE room this talented.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
08-29-2017, 09:01 PM
Loooney has made more of an impact on the recruiting trail since he's been here then Sallach did his entire career. Sallach also had some pretty good talent at times, but that nor performance was consistent.

Homedawg
08-29-2017, 09:03 PM
Sallach had finally gotten a full staff of highly talented TEs and then he is told to go kick rocks and Mullen hires DJ Looney to come and get the good press. The young coach is able to come in and pad his resume with the huge turnaround in TE production. I have nothing against it because it happens all the time but I understand part of his frustration.

Before you write it I know it his own fault that he went eight years without a TE room this talented.

Wallace quit a high paying office job. I get it he wanted to coach on the field but the fact he's unemployed is his fault. Nobody else's.
ETA, he recruited basically nobody we ever got. So add that to it

I seen it dawg
08-29-2017, 09:17 PM
He sucked. And then went full ***** bitch on twitter heading out the door.

Todd4State
08-29-2017, 09:23 PM
Wallace quit a high paying office job. I get it he wanted to coach on the field but the fact he's unemployed is his fault. Nobody else's.
ETA, he recruited basically nobody we ever got. So add that to it

That's what confused me about his entire situation. We were going to let him hang out in the office for at least the entire year with I assume pay and full benefits. And then he freaks out and leaves talking about how he cares about his family. If that was the case, keep the job you have and then get another one at the coach's convention in January.

Not very many teams in the SEC would have been willing to let him let him do that. And he threw that away on his own accord.

Barkman Turner Overdrive
08-29-2017, 09:26 PM

Now...Anybody else can't wait to see Hevesy and OL substituted where you see Sallach and TE?

HaggardDawg
08-29-2017, 09:32 PM
Who on here would be perfectly happy to take $150k/175k a year to replace Felker as Director of player personnel? I know I would. Mullen wanted Sallach in that job when he hired looney and Sallach snubbed his nose at it. If he doesn't have a job it's his own damn fault.

Todd4State
08-29-2017, 09:36 PM
Who on here would be perfectly happy to take $150k/175k a year to replace Felker as Director of player personnel? I know I would. Mullen wanted Sallach in that job when he hired looney and Sallach snubbed his nose at it. If he doesn't have a job it's his own damn fault.

Felker was replaced by someone else- Jay Perry? If that was the case, Sallach definitely should have just taken it for a year because he still could have left in the offseason. I would clean toilets for 150K a year.

Todd4State
08-29-2017, 09:37 PM
Now...Anybody else can't wait to see Hevesy and OL substituted where you see Sallach and TE?

I would love to see Hevesy get Looneyed like Sallach.

Coldsleeve Jr.
08-29-2017, 09:45 PM
Suck it, Sallach

bostondawg
08-29-2017, 10:18 PM
If you aren't willing to recruit at MSU, you're dead weight on the staff. Simple as that. If we're going to recruit well here, we need all hands on deck.

Todd4State
08-29-2017, 10:49 PM
If you aren't willing to recruit at MSU, you're dead weight on the staff. Simple as that. If we're going to recruit well here, we need all hands on deck.

Well said. We're not a blue blood program- but we can be successful. It's just that we have a smaller margin for error. That means we can't have anyone here that is here because they are friends with the coach- at least not in an on the field capacity.

NCDawg
08-30-2017, 12:28 AM
Well said. We're not a blue blood program- but we can be successful. It's just that we have a smaller margin for error. That means we can't have anyone here that is here because they are friends with the coach- at least not in an on the field capacity.

You're right. We can't, but we do, and therein lies the primary problem with our football program.