PDA

View Full Version : Raekwon Davis allegedly Plaxico'd himself

louisvilledawg
08-29-2017, 12:17 PM
According to the article by "College Sports Only," Raekwon accidentally shot himself in the parking lot across the street.

http://collegesportsonly.com/college-football/bar-owner-alabama-lb-raekwon-davis-pulled-plaxico-burress-shot-leg.html

Bucky Dog
08-29-2017, 12:46 PM
So if that's the case... He Gone!!!

ShotgunDawg
08-29-2017, 12:49 PM
http://cdn.barstoolsports.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Screen-Shot-2015-04-13-at-9.05.26-AM.jpg

bostondawg
08-29-2017, 01:13 PM
So if that's the case... He Gone!!!

Not a chance. Dude starts for Bama. He could have shot somebody else and he'd be playing this Saturday vs FSU.

1bigdawg
08-29-2017, 01:24 PM
Did he have a permit for the gun. Plaxico got railroaded, but no permit could mean real trouble.

Todd4State
08-29-2017, 01:29 PM
Hopefully we'll get him for the o-line after he ends up at EMCC.

Hot Rock
08-29-2017, 01:31 PM
I am no lawyer and I didn't even stay at a Holiday Inn last night. However, I do believe that the laws in New York are just a bit different than down here.

Ifyouonlyknew
08-29-2017, 01:37 PM
Won't miss a snap

louisvilledawg
08-29-2017, 01:38 PM
Did he have a permit for the gun. Plaxico got railroaded, but no permit could mean real trouble.

Think that was a state issue, not a federal issue though. Could be wrong. I've been wrong, once.

MarketingBully
08-29-2017, 01:48 PM
So he tried to shoot his gun in the air and shot himself? That is just dumb.

bostondawg
08-29-2017, 02:07 PM
Think that was a state issue, not a federal issue though. Could be wrong. I've been wrong, once.

I also have been wrong (more than once to boot), but I think that was actually a city law problem, not a state law problem (splitting hairs). NYC basically makes the possession of guns at all (or magazines) illegal. There was an interesting article from Reason a few weeks back on this issue that was interesting--passengers who were simply traveling to NYC without knowledge of the gun laws were getting arrested. I think I saw that one lady got arrested for just the possession of a magazine in her purse, no gun at all. I think the general state laws are much more relaxed.

If there's any issue here with Davis, I don't think it's possession. Alabama allows open carry, but requires a permit for concealed carry. If you shoot yourself, but no one saw how you were carrying, I don't think they would try to ding you for concealed carry. He could maybe get cited for discharging the weapon in public, though.

(again, I'm wrong far more often than I'm right, though)

Hot Rock
08-29-2017, 02:17 PM
What is concealed carry vs open carry?

How much of the gun has to be hidden before it's considered concealed carry? Half of it? If you can put it on a string and hang it from your car mirror, half the gun will be concealed from someone's view. Tough one to argue unless there is a specific definition of concealed vs open carry.

JoseBrown
08-29-2017, 02:28 PM
I'm pretty sure he's got to be 21 to be legally in possession of a pistol in any way, but he does start for Bama...

bostondawg
08-29-2017, 02:46 PM
What is concealed carry vs open carry?

How much of the gun has to be hidden before it's considered concealed carry? Half of it? If you can put it on a string and hang it from your car mirror, half the gun will be concealed from someone's view. Tough one to argue unless there is a specific definition of concealed vs open carry.

Not trying to completely derail this thread into a discussion of gun laws, so if you're interested in the definition of concealed carry, this site has a pretty good one: https://definitions.uslegal.com/c/concealed-weapons/

Lord McBuckethead
08-29-2017, 03:48 PM
Saban has these issues like the one in Louisianna last year. Kid doesn't miss a moment of the game unless he is winded in the middle after kicking ass.

Coldsleeve Jr.
08-29-2017, 04:14 PM
Word on twitter is he isn't at practice today

HSVDawg
08-29-2017, 04:23 PM
I'm pretty sure he's got to be 21 to be legally in possession of a pistol in any way, but he does start for Bama...

Wrong. You can legally possess a gun once you are 18.

It's a really bad look, but legally speaking I'm not sure any laws were violated with the possible exception of disturbing the peace or public endangerment, neither of which would stick if the gun never left his trousers because any attorney could just argue it was an accidental discharge. Alabama laws are actually really lax for even requiring permits for either open or conceal carry. I don't know the specifics 100%, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was in the clear there even if he didn't have a permit.

As it relates to his status with the team, he SHOULD be at least suspended. No college athlete should be allowed to possess a gun period because pretty much all universities strictly prohibit them and will expell students that are found in possession of them on campus. Even if Saban has no problem at all personally with the gun possession (which I highly doubt), he basically has no choice but to enforce a very strict "no gun" policy for all his players just to make sure they stay enrolled at the university if for no other reason. Same applies to Mullen and every other coach out there.

Wet Dawg
08-29-2017, 04:24 PM
Word on twitter is he isn't at practice today

Well he was just shot in the leg

TUSK
08-29-2017, 04:28 PM
I'm gonna reserve final judgement til I get all the facts... That being said, if he did "accidentally" cap himself, he is, at the very least, a dumbass. (I don't believe in gun "accidents" for the most part)...

And HSV's post is spot on, IMO....

msstate7
08-29-2017, 04:34 PM
Did he tell the police he shot himself to start with? I was under the impression that he was shot by someone else when the story broke. If he wasn't honest about the situation to start with, couldn't there be charges coming from that?

TimberBeast
08-29-2017, 04:44 PM
I've been wrong, once.

My faddah hung me on a hook once. Once.

TUSK
08-29-2017, 04:50 PM
Did he tell the police he shot himself to start with? I was under the impression that he was shot by someone else when the story broke. If he wasn't honest about the situation to start with, couldn't there be charges coming from that?

It's my understanding that he was "uncooperative" with LE...

Not sure if that means "I don't have anything to say." or "17 you, pig."

I'm bettin' he's toast unless there's a simple explanation for this... (which we'd likely already heard).

Dawgowar
08-29-2017, 05:43 PM
It's my understanding that he was "uncooperative" with LE...

Not sure if that means "I don't have anything to say." or "17 you, pig."

I'm bettin' he's toast unless there's a simple explanation for this... (which we'd likely already heard).

Thought it might have been a simple classroom accident in "Economics of Meth 101", the class he was taking right after "Modular Home vs Tradition Mobile Home Social Impact" course. Understand you Elephants have a high stress academic program.

Acid mouth
08-29-2017, 05:47 PM

And all this time I thought you actually followed Bama football

TUSK
08-29-2017, 06:08 PM
Thought it might have been a simple classroom accident in "Economics of Meth 101", the class he was taking right after "Modular Home vs Tradition Mobile Home Social Impact" course. Understand you Elephants have a high stress academic program.

VERY NICE

REP GIVEN

FISHDAWG
08-29-2017, 06:16 PM
You can possess one but you can't buy one until you're 18

Coldsleeve Jr.
08-29-2017, 07:06 PM
Well he was just shot in the leg

Lol good point. I thought I read it just grazed leg but who knows.

Bucky Dog
08-29-2017, 07:19 PM
My point was, as a coach, why is my player carrying a pistol at a bar? He should be gone, or suspended indefinitely, or whatever you call it! I don't care about the laws necessarily in this case.

TUSK
08-29-2017, 07:33 PM
My point was, as a coach, why is my player carrying a pistol at a bar? He should be gone, or suspended indefinitely, or whatever you call it! I don't care about the laws necessarily in this case.

I don't think it happened in the Bar... I think it was across the street, in a parking lot....

If he was actually in the Bar with a firearm, I would hope he'd get charged and expelled...

Hasu Dackds
08-29-2017, 07:49 PM
Bigger question. Why are these goofballs running around with pistols chambered, pointed at their own bodies. Dumb SOBs

Bucky Dog
08-29-2017, 07:49 PM
I don't think it happened in the Bar... I think it was across the street, in a parking lot....

If he was actually in the Bar with a firearm, I would hope he'd get charged and expelled...

Yeah I was thinking he had been in the bar before the gun shot. I guess I could assume he didn't have it on him and went to parking lot and grabbed gun out of car and it went off. I'm just saying that I'm questioning any player for having a pistol.

TUSK
08-29-2017, 10:50 PM
Bigger question. Why are these goofballs running around with pistols chambered, pointed at their own bodies. Dumb SOBs

I'm 100 down with that.... "muzzle discipline" are* important....

TUSK
08-29-2017, 10:53 PM
Yeah I was thinking he had been in the bar before the gun shot. I guess I could assume he didn't have it on him and went to parking lot and grabbed gun out of car and it went off. I'm just saying that I'm questioning any player for having a pistol.

Playas Lives Matta...

#secondamendment

mstatefan91
08-29-2017, 11:00 PM
Not saying he shot himself or even had a pistol because this hasn't been confirmed. This is just a question; 2nd amendment rights aside, which I 100% support as a conservative:

Why would a football player in a town like Tuscaloosa feel the need to have a pistol on them while out and about? Genuine question. Is there a crime problem in T-town? Does one living there feel the need to have a self defense weapon on them?

TUSK
08-29-2017, 11:02 PM
Not saying he shot himself or even had a pistol because this hasn't been confirmed. This is just a question. 2nd amendment rights aside which I 100% support as a conservative.

Why would a football player in a town like Tuscaloosa feel the need to have a pistol on them while out and about? Genuine question. Is there a crime problem in T-town? Does one living there feel the need to have a self defense weapon on them?

He's from Meridian.

mstatefan91
08-29-2017, 11:02 PM
He's from Meridian.

Hahahaha that's damn true. Fair point. Rep given

Being from Meridian myself, I should have understood his plight before I asked. Glad to be away from there. Talk about a town with issues.

TUSK
08-29-2017, 11:20 PM
Hahahaha that's damn true. Fair point. Rep given

Being from Meridian myself, I should have understood his plight before I asked. Glad to be away from there. Talk about a town with issues.

Shit, Bro.... I didn't mean to offend your hometown... I lived there for a few years and had to whip out my FO FI on a couple of occasions..

Of course, I was "somewhere I shouldn't have been" (Midnight Sun) at a time (who knows, but waaaaay after midnight) and I was pleased just to get outta their with my two "white wimmins"....

Peace '91

mstatefan91
08-29-2017, 11:34 PM
Shit, Bro.... I didn't mean to offend your hometown... I lived there for a few years and had to whip out my FO FI on a couple of occasions..

Of course, I was "somewhere I shouldn't have been" (Midnight Sun) at a time (who knows, but waaaaay after midnight) and I was pleased just to get outta their with my two "white wimmins"....

Peace '91
Seriously 0 offense taken. Meridian has issues that need to be dealt with. It should not be a common occurrence to have to fend off panhandlers in a town that size. And that's just a small part of it. Glad to be in a much nicer town now.

FISHDAWG
08-30-2017, 07:46 AM
Not saying he shot himself or even had a pistol because this hasn't been confirmed. This is just a question; 2nd amendment rights aside, which I 100% support as a conservative:

well - they are only about 35 minutes from Bessemer, so there's that

KentuckyDawg13
08-30-2017, 08:25 AM
So, the bar owner says it...must be true. She is probably worried there will be legal ramifications so she made up this story: "He was shooting in the air, and shot himself (in the leg)". Okay...

No matter the story, if he is able/ok he will play. Saban will smooth over any irregularities per usual.

BB30
08-30-2017, 08:40 AM
The dude is lucky he didn't accidentally shoot somebody else...

TUSK
08-30-2017, 02:00 PM
As stated in an earlier post, the bar owner (UT grad and owner of a bar historically known for violence) was quoted as saying she "thought Raekwon shot himself"...

Looks like it was one of several stray bullets, and one of the rounds "grazed" RD's leg...

He is listed as "Day to Day" and is expected to start (unless there is some revelation)...