PDA

View Full Version : LSU to start true fr on OL

confucius say
08-29-2017, 08:57 AM
In season opener. Either sadiq Charles or ed Ingram. Per twitter and Baton Rouge advocate.
First time in at least 20 years. Interesting.

msstate7
08-29-2017, 08:59 AM
T or G?

somebodyshotmypaw
08-29-2017, 09:04 AM
T or G?

Guard. Charles is the big kid from Madison Ridgeland Academy. MRA has done well with offensive linemen in the last 10 years. Justin Malone at MSU, Sean Rawlings at Ole Miss, and now Charles at LSU.

Covercorner2
08-29-2017, 09:21 AM
LSU is not going to be very good this year. They are an injury to Guice away from being terrible, and apparently he's already banged up. Key isn't healthy, either. With that being said, we will beat them with or without them...

StatesboroBlues
08-29-2017, 09:24 AM
We accepted Gainer commitment and slow played Charles. Then Charles commits to LSU...

Not saying we would have gotten him...

1bigdawg
08-29-2017, 09:52 AM
We accepted Gainer commitment and slow played Charles. Then Charles commits to LSU...

We are getting good at slow playing OLs that LSU wants: Charles, Cole Smith.

Good thing our OL recruiting is so solid.**

Leeshouldveflanked
08-29-2017, 09:55 AM

We then dropped Gainer for one of the non qualifiers.. Gainer is supposed to be starting for Mississippi Southern this week...

ShotgunDawg
08-29-2017, 09:57 AM
We then dropped Gainer for one of the non qualifiers.. Gainer is supposed to be starting for Mississippi Southern this week...

I hear you, but I'd be surprised if any lineman on our roster wouldn't start for USM.

Not sure what starting for USM means.

Cooterpoot
08-29-2017, 10:14 AM

We had almost no shot at all with Charles. He's originally from LA and LSU was his school. And, I hope he starts because he wasn't impressive in the games I saw him last year.

confucius say
08-29-2017, 11:05 AM
We had almost no shot at all with Charles. He's originally from LA and LSU was his school. And, I hope he starts because he wasn't impressive in the games I saw him last year.

I saw him play and wasn't impressed. Lot of standing and watching. Maybe he has improved though

Todd4State
08-29-2017, 11:21 AM

It really hurts our chances when we hardly call him too.

ShotgunDawg
08-29-2017, 11:27 AM

I'm not sure I really believe that

Cooterpoot
08-29-2017, 11:56 AM

Not in this case. He told everybody LSU was his school. He never backed away from that. His family was all in on LSU.
I'm all for making a push but if a kid tells you he's not changing his commitment, then that's all you can really do. We stayed in touch enough in case LSU dropped him is all.

Todd4State
08-29-2017, 01:31 PM
I'm not sure I really believe that

He told the newspaper that LSU seemed to be more interested or something to that effect.